Trystin

yikes
Bells
Green Candy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Lawrence

Introduction
As of recent, I became bored with my peach-filled town of Seattle and discovered this thread: 2017: A New Challenge. With this, I decided to start a new town, a Supernatural themed town. However, knowing myself, this town is simply doomed to be restarted just as those before it, Seattle, Soie, Ruins... Until then, you are welcome to join me in my newfound Mayorship of the town of Lawrence.

Background/Rules of 2017: A New Challenge
tumblr_ohsfgw88Sd1rzbb5ao1_250.png

You have fallen seriously ill after contracting a deadly pathogen for which there is currently no cure. Now realizing that you a threat to everything you love, you decide to leave everything behind in the hopes of starting a new life somewhere far away from civilization. A friend tells of you of an abandoned village named [TOWN NAME] and so you buy a one way ticket there hoping to spend the rest of your days in solitude.

On the way to [TOWN NAME] you meet a strange feline who asks far too many questions. And you’re so distracted by the sight of a talking cat that you fail to realize the town the train has taken you is completely different from what your friend described to you.

Upon arrival you’re greeted by a welcoming committee of peculiar animals, amongst them a dog who insists you’re the town’s new mayor. You try to explain that there has been error --that you arrived here by mistake-- but the friendly dog refuses to take no for an answer. And before you know it you’re planting down a tree for the town’s inauguration ceremony as the villagers cheer you on.

There is no escaping now. These animals depend on you. With them constantly asking you for so many things how can you possibly expect them to run a town all on their own?

Perhaps this time things will be different. Perhaps you’ll be able to keep your new friends safe.
tumblr_ohsfgw88Sd1rzbb5ao2_250.png

I want to make something very clear before I start listing off rules. I made this thread because I want to do something that's fun with the community, because I want for us to have fun together. If you see anyone breaking the rules that's okay! Don't be the jerk who tries to exclude that person or tells that them that they can't continue to participate. You can continue to share your progress here even if you've given up on the rules --the point, after all, is to have fun.

NEW BEGINNINGS:
You must start your new town on January 1st, 2017. It is recommended that you do not sell your town to Tom Nook (that way all of the participants can be on equal footing.) But it is technically not against the rules to sell your town to Tom Nook if you wish to.

You may not time travel unless you start at a later real life date and time travel to get caught up to the rest of the participants.

You may not dupe, use PowerSaves, or edit your save file in any way.

You may not use TBT bells (forum currency) to purchase any items for this town. Every item that you buy must be purchased with either game bells or MEW Coupons. You may, however, use TBT bells when buying/selling villagers.

SOFT RESETTING:
To keep things challenging it is recommended that don’t reset for maps or plot reset for villagers/villager house location. You may, however, still do it as these sorts of things won’t really affect the outcome of the challenge.

PATIENT ZERO:
With you being so terribly sick every villager that comes into contact with you now runs the risk of being infected by you. Every time* a villager asks for a change of catchphrase you must* change it to “[SEE SPOILER].” This catchphrase will make it easier to identify the infected. You are not allowed to ignore villagers that ping you.
Choose what kind of pathogen/virus/condition is affecting you and pick a catchphrase that goes along with it. You must stick to the same catchphrase throughout the entire year.

Here are some suggestions:
*cough* - for the plague
braainnnsss - for a zombie outbreak
AWWOOOO - if you're a werewolf

* PREVENTIVE MEASURES:
Certain items will lower the chances of spreading this deadly pathogen. When wearing these items you may roll a single dice (die) to determine whether or not you will infect a villager when choosing their new catchphrase. If you do not possess any dice in real life you may roll them online using this website (or whatever other website/app you want to use) In order for these items to serve their function you may not get them from another player nor will you be allowed to order them from the catalogue. They will only “work” if you buy them yourself from Labelle. Should you accidentally sell said item you must wait until it shows up in the shop again.

Bandage : if and only if you’re wearing this item when a villager asks for a change of catchphrase you may roll a dice. Should the dice land on the number “6” : Congratulations! You managed to keep your villager safe. If it lands on anything other than a 6 you’ve infected them.**

Eye Patch
: if and only if you’re wearing this item when a villager asks for a change of catchphrase you may roll a dice. Should the dice land on an odd number (1, 3, or 5) : Congratulations! You managed to keep your villager safe. If it lands on anything other than an odd number (1, 3, or 5) you’ve infected them.**

** = If these two items do not suit the theme of your pathogen you may choose two different ones. This choice must be made before you start your new game. You cannot make changes to their effects. There must always be a 1/6 chance of success for the less potent item and a 3/6 chance of success for the most potent one.

THE SPREAD:
Sometimes villagers will share catchphrases with other villagers, meaning that an infected villager can infect other villagers on their own. You will automatically fail the challenge should all 10 of your villagers get sick/pick up the catchphrase.

THE CURE:

Should an already sick villager ask for a change of catchphrase you must either reject their offer or keep their catchphrase as is. You may not cure villagers by giving them a change of catchphrase. However, should this villager interact with a healthy villager and pick up the healthy villager’s catchphrase it will be cured.

QUARANTINE:
Should an already sick villager ask to move out of town you must ask them to stay as your goal is to keep this pathogen contained. However, should a healthy villager ask to move out you’re free to choose what to do with them. A sick villager will only be allowed to move out if it happens without you being alerted beforehand --but remember that you’re not allowed to ignore any villager that pings you. And if you hear rumors of a sick villager wanting to move out you must do everything in your power to try and get them to say.

INVITING NEW VILLAGERS:
You may move in new villagers using Amiibo cards but you can’t use amiibo cards to move out sick villagers. You may also adopt villagers from other players. Be careful when adopting already sick villagers.

FREE AT LAST!
Should you make it a whole year: Congratulations! You’ve won the challenge. A mysterious traveler has shared the cure to your illness with you and your friends.
Welcome to Lawrence
Mayor: Kaia
Town Fruit: Orange
Curse: Become a Demon
Catchphrase: Darling
Friend Code: 2337-6293-8438
Dream Address:
Timezone: MST (Phoenix)
Current Villagers: Annalisa, Clay, Gigi, Rocco, Sterling
Dreamies*: Teddy, Eugene, Biskit, Hopper, Beardo, Gayle, Cherry, Goldie, Tammy, Tiffany
Dreamies, Characters*:
Teddy = Sam Winchester
Eugene = Dean Winchester
Biskit = Castiel
Hopper = Crowley
Beardo = Bobby
Gayle = Charlie
Cherry = Rowena
Goldie = Mary Winchester
Tammy = Lilith
Tiffany = Ruby​

* = As I continue this blog, I will not be refering to my Dreamies as Biskit, Tiffany, Goldie etc., but rather as Dean, Sam, Charlie and the likes. To lessen the confusion, I will always leave the key of who is who at the top. Note that this is only when I achieve my dreamies, it won't be like this for any other villagers I come across.

Today's Photos​
Map of Lawrence:
View attachment 191503
Mayor's Inauguration Ceremony:
View attachment 236809
Key Aspects of Lawrence:
View attachment 236810
A little area by my house for a garden :)
View attachment 236811
A south facing waterfall

Attachments

• HNI_0082.jpg
    HNI_0082.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
  • HNI_0084.jpg
    HNI_0084.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 37
  • HNI_0083.jpg
    HNI_0083.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 38
Yay congrats! I always thought that little sticking out part in front of your house was only found in hacked maps... but whoa it's not! super cute... I would have put my house in the exact same spot :'D good luck with your challenge!

Back