kpop

was interested until i stumbled upon a "WOULD U RATHER (((NSFW))) :3c KPOP EDITION"
never again

Update: Kpop sucks. Fans are creepy as hell too as we all know by now. There was a youtube vid of a boy suffering from a condition where he cant help but bite his lips away and actively harm himself (forgot what the condition is called). It was a pretty painful vid to watch basically. And some kpop fan had the nerve to type "Omg he looks like a kpop idol <3" why are they so socially inept. So ****ing bizarre. Thats not okay to say. What a dickweed
Pretty sure (most!??!?!?!??!!??) fans are normal but yah. Some pretty outspoken people who need to shh

his lips away and actively harm himself (forgot what the condition is called). It was a pretty painful vid to watch basically. And some kpop fan had the nerve to type "Omg he looks like a kpop idol <3"
Imagine watching someone dying from rabies and someone just says "wow that reminds me of when Chanyeol puked on stage <3 God bless"

Last edited:
Imagine watching someone dying from rabies and someone just says "wow that reminds me of when Chanyeol puked on stage <3 God bless"

Ohh yes that rabies video it reminded me of the time jimin started dribbling on stage. Hart BRAKING. Army hit like if u remember that moment ♡♡♡

i can't really get into kpop because i find the fanbase pretty weird. a lot of kpop fans, bts fans mostly, are omnipresent and (generally) irritating in my experience.

Last edited:
I only like one kpop group and that's Blackpink.
Otherwise I'm more of a metalhead

I don't mind kpop, (I don't really listen to much BTS and that's all I say about the group) I really just like one song from a group and that'd be about it.
Like I've never really been focused on the group as a whole since I only usually just like one or two songs from a kpop group and I'm not really someone who latches onto a group cause I like their songs. I gotta say though I do really like Block B.

I dislike BTS fans and am not really a fan of pop 🤷🏻*♂️ Korean, Chinese, Russian rap etc is something I can listen to though

I'm generally a fan of kpop artists and bands since I like the aesthetic and the choreography and the music (I'm a pretty big fan of pop music, I love upbeat cheery songs!). There are a lot of kpop songs I really enjoy listening to and I love seeing dance covers performed by other kpop fans in the USA and other places. I actually joined a kpop dance cover group back in freshman year of uni to try it out and it was honestly quite fun and I loved the friends I made.

However, I definitely see a lot of problems with the kpop industry and how toxic it is for a lot of trainees etc who basically sign over a majority of their youth at tender ages like 15 to hope to make it big like the big bands Big Bang, BTS, etc. A lot of companies work to manufacture a certain image that they know will succeed with the fanbase they're marketing to and it's sorta scary if you look at it, they're banned from publicly dating so they can appeal to the fans, etc.

And as a lot of others have said, a lot of the fanbase is indeed very ... disagreeable, to say the least. When I see people shipping REAL LIVING HUMANS together and posting about "imagine if [x male kpop idol] had female parts" like, what the hell? Can these people please stop? Sounds like harassment honestly, imagine being that idol and reading that, holy crap!

I'm happy to see a lot of groups getting bigger followings in the USA though, especially BTS. A lot of rabid BTS fans are especially guilty of the bad things noted (that "imagine if" tweet was about one of their members, ugh), but the fanbase is just really large so it makes sense you'll see a lot of it from fans of them. I think BTS is trying to spread a really good message with their "love yourself, love myself" and their campaign with the United Nations - Rap Monster specifically has amazing English and you can tell he's working really hard and believes in it a lot!

My opinion is a little complicated because I was a huge fan as a high school freshman and sophomore before my interest died out almost completely. And then in 2016 I got into BTS for a while - and that interest also died out within a year. Objectively, the music is pretty weird. Maybe it is me being too "Westernized," but the only K-pop songs that stand out as really good to me are solos. Of course, I get nostalgic for the music I listened to in high school, so I still listen to Super Junior and 4Minute sometimes even if it's kind of crappy lol.

I'm neutral to the whole scene now, I guess? I listen to it sometimes - currently mostly just "Euphoria" on repeat. I've outgrown stanning people, so I can't relate to the current fandoms... They're definitely obsessive and cringey, but most of them are kids so I can ignore them.

The choreography is the best part of it though. I love watching dance covers and practices. When I was in high school I learned some songs' dances in secret because I was that into it lol. But I watch more original hip-hop choreography than I do k-pop nowadays.

a thread titled kpop that is just 14 pages of kpop antis.. it's a concept I guess..

Last edited:
I was really into kpop when I was 13/14 but lost interest pretty quickly. I still listen to a few songs so I don't mind it. It's usually pretty generic tho. Like most people here have said though, some kpop fanbases are SO overwhelming. So abusive to others and possessive of their idols. It's really insane. I know the crazy fans should be thought of separately from kpop itself, but nowadays when I think of kpop that's mostly what I'm reminded of :s

I thought I’d bring this thread back as I’m a big K-pop fan and there’s been a lot that’s happened lately. What are everyone’s thoughts on some of the recent comebacks? c:

Last edited:
IZ*ONE's comeback is the best comeback of 2019 until now and no one can change my mind.
Violeta is a BOP, the MV is amazing, the song too and the choreography is PERFECT.

I like Butterfly by Loona too! It was very different and I'm hecking mad they didn't get any win. Especially with the best choreography of 2019 ;))))

Also adored Noir by Sunmi as it was so interesting and touching to look at, the song was nice too.

And last I'd talk about MOMOLAND's comeback with I'm so Hot but I was kinda disappointed, first of all because Taeha wasn't here and I missed her high notes (though my baby Jane was there hhh), same for Daisy her rap parts were missed :( And the music in itself wasn't THAT good imo.
Hehe that was my opinion on recent comebacks that I followed, I might post more about groups/solo artists that I like in this thread in the future.

Last edited:
Like almost all genres of music, K-Pop has its good and its bad. A lot of groups tend to sound very generic, but there's always the occasional exception.

Yeaaaahhh I like Kpop. Mainly BTS. I went to see BTS in October and I’m going again in June. My friend saw Ateez and I wanted to go too but it was too last minute for me lol. I’m also going to korea in November which should be FUN I also wanna go to japan sometime.

OH and TXT. I got the album from txt and I got the whole set of BTS persona albums YEEHAW

Last edited:
Back