Keeping villagers original - delivering parcels requests

milraen

Bells
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
I've avoided accepting the villager requests to deliver a parcel to another villager for fear that the villager will be gifted something ugly and then wear it, or worse, be gifted a furniture item and then put it in their house.
Is there a way to avoid this happening and still do the requests or should I continue to decline the delivery requests?

I always accept the packages, then open them before giving them to the recipient. If it suits them alright then I'll deliver it (and the recipient will be a bit peeved that the package was opened), and if I don't like it then I'll either throw it in storage and avoid talking to the requesting villager for the rest of that day and the next, or talk to them again tomorrow with the opened gift in my pockets (they'll take it back and be a bit mad)

What I do now is accept the delivery request, unwrap the gift to check what it is, then decide whether or not I will actually complete the delivery. If it suits the recipient's style/existing house décor, then I will rewrap the gift and deliver it to the recipient. Otherwise, I just sell the item and deal with the sender being a bit upset that I lost their gift. XD

Oof, this is always a problem for me as well.

I always end up accepting the delivery request. I don't open it, I just give it to that villager and hope for the best. Most of the time it's a clothing item, which I don't mind clothing too much. But today, I got unlucky and Alfonso gave Diana a lawn mower... I'm really praying she doesn't put it in her house.

But I think I'm going to start opening them like other people seem to be doing to avoid my villagers getting weird stuff like lawn mowers again. 😂

Just don't do them? They don't care. In fact, they say, "You're right. This is something I need to do myself." I would never deliver anything and it would never bother me.

I made the mistake of delivering a package to Shep.
The hideous suit of lights.

I told him it didn't look good when he asked, and he basically said he wouldn't wear it.

Almost five months went by and he still had it on.

I couldn't stand it anymore so I booted him out with a non smug amiibo and TT'd two in game years and got Raymond.

I never do requests now, and never will again.

I usually don’t mind too much if a villager is original or not unless I plan on trading them to someone else, but I do still like to make sure that the gift (furniture and/or clothing items) would look good with that certain villager before I decide whether to give it to them or not. So like others have said if I accept a delivery order I would first open up the present and make sure it’s something that would fit the recipient villager. If it is I’ll rewrap it and deliver, if not I’ll just abort the request.

I do them since I want to up the friendship level and get the achievement, have been wondering lately if i wait to see the autosave, if i then open it and its bad then ditch it. but if its an ok gift if i could just shut off the game, then its rewrapped and good for delivery again?

Once on my island Raymond got into a prank war with Pietro. Gift delivery it was hideous full body tights. Later on the exact same day exact same prank war and another gift delivery full body tights in another shade 🤣🤣 Every time he wears them I gift him another top I like which is limited on Pietro as he’s so fluffy not much looks good! Lol

I always do them because I don't really care about the originality of my villagers since I give them clothes/furniture anyway. (And I don't want to hurt their feelings lol). Plus, if you forget to deliver the item or open it/sell it, both those villagers will have set dialogue about the delivery for a few days. In saying that, it is horrible when you accept a parcel request and it ends up being something hideous. Marshal was gifted a red and green Stellar jumpsuit and he wears it all the time :cry: it's so ugly....

Just don't do them? They don't care. In fact, they say, "You're right. This is something I need to do myself." I would never deliver anything and it would never bother me.
I only ask because I was hoping to progress faster on the Smile Isle nook achievement, as I’m mostly only progressing through the rare treasure hunts

Once on my island Raymond got into a prank war with Pietro. Gift delivery it was hideous full body tights. Later on the exact same day exact same prank war and another gift delivery full body tights in another shade 🤣🤣 Every time he wears them I gift him another top I like which is limited on Pietro as he’s so fluffy not much looks good! Lol
Sounds like you were an unwitting accomplice in Raymond’s side of the prank war lol

I don’t really do the gift quests anymore. I don’t wanna get burned.

That's actually the only request I always do. It usually seems to be something for me or something I have to guess, and therefore is given to me anyway. 90% of the time is clothing so I think I've only failed twice. I haven't seen those two pieces of furniture on display either.

I always accept the packages, then open them before giving them to the recipient. If it suits them alright then I'll deliver it (and the recipient will be a bit peeved that the package was opened), and if I don't like it then I'll either throw it in storage and avoid talking to the requesting villager for the rest of that day and the next, or talk to them again tomorrow with the opened gift in my pockets (they'll take it back and be a bit mad)

If the gift suits them and you want to give it to them, you can just warp the present back up and they won't be mad that it;s open.

If the gift suits them and you want to give it to them, you can just warp the present back up and they won't be mad that it;s open.
Good to know! I was worried they'd notice that the gift is in wrapping paper instead of a box but if that's not the case I'll do that in the off chance that they want to give someone a gift that suits the recipient. Sadly my villagers have terrible taste so that's really rare 😂

I only do them if the delivery is for a villager I will kick out after getting their picture anyways. I avoid ones for my permanent villager like the plague. I still need to reinvite Kyle, as he still has the muscle suit he was given by another villager.

I give my villagers clothing anyway, so I accept the task, but after a few bad clothing choices, I now screen them first.

If I start to feel bad about it, I remember Flora in the instant muscles outfit Snake sent her.

I learned this in NewLeaf so I knew what to not do right away in NH. With that said, it still feels pointless because it seems my villagers will sometimes swap clothes behind my backs. Unless I somehow gave them a shirt I didn't have knowledge of.

wow I didn’t even know you could do this! Judy gave Bluebear the frugal dress and I am mad about it since she wears it kinda often 😩 (Judy’s getting replaced soon) ugh if only I knew this beforehand

Back