• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

K.K. Slider songs with unexpectedly baller live versions

i forgor
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Ocean Pearl
Rainbow Moon Jellyfish
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
What's your favorite concert version of a K.K. Slider song that's super different from the album version?
My personal pick for this is K.K. House. I randomed it at this week's concert and was really surprised by the whistling imitating the synth-y sounds in the aircheck version, and the quick-muting strings are really good in that middle section! (Only slightly related, but I also just noticed that he stops to catch his breath a couple times in K.K. Metal, which is kinda funny.)

Drivin’ is probably my favorite song. I also like K.K. Island, K.K. Western, K.K. Country, and Stale Cupcakes!

Reactions: 820
Stale Cupcakes makes me tear up every time KK plays it live. The radio version is nice but the live version feels it has more emotion behind it.

I think the live versions of K.K. Adventure and K.K. Bubblegum have a lot more to them than the aircheck versions. I talked about it in more detail here:

So I'll just copy/paste that instead of the whole post again. ^o^;>

Steep Hill has a very pretty and interesting section in the live version that isn't in the aircheck. It's the part where he whistles, which... I don't like how gross his whistling sounds, but the composition is especially cool. The live version of Steep Hill just has much more of a melancholy feel, not quite as driven and "spooky" as the aircheck.

Back