Island Tune/Town Tune Maker - Make Town Tunes for Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a Town Tune Maker thread for New Leaf for years HERE, and now that New Horizons is here, and town tunes still work exactly the same, I decided to start a new town/island tune maker thread here! So if anyone has a song they'd like me to help them turn into the town tune format, just ask! Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE REQUESTING

RULES:

1. SEARCH this and the previous Town Tune Maker thread to see if your town/island tune is already made

2. Post a LINK (preferably Youtube and NOT extended) so I can hear your song

3. Specify which SECONDS of the song you want made into a town/island tune

4. Requesting is FREE! Anyone can make as many requests as they like (LIMIT 3 PER DAY)!:)

5. PEOPLE WHO MAKE POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE POLITELY ASKED TO READ THE RULES AND POST AGAIN WHILE FOLLOWING THEM

LONGER EXPLANATION OF RULES:

Rule 1.
Please use the "SEARCH" feature--in both this and the New Leaf edition of this thread, which is HERE--to see if I've already done a song that you want. I've done hundreds of requests, so it's possible a song you want is already made. When you're in the thread you want to search, click on the "search" button and select "this thread." Like this:

View attachment 234228

Rule 2. If you have a request, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it.
This will also ensure that you will absolutely 100% for sure get the correct song that you want, when I search for songs myself, I sometimes find the wrong one.
(Youtube is preferred, and non-extended videos are preferred as well; it makes it easier to find and replay the few seconds that you want made into island tunes if the video isn't really long. Try clicking on an exact second that you want in a half-hour or longer video. It's much harder than on a five-minute one.)

Rule 3. You can specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.
Please note that Island Tunes are generally able to contain about 2-5 seconds of a song in them. If you don't specify particular seconds of a song, I'll usually just choose whatever melodic bit of music plays first. I'm rarely familiar with the songs people request, so please do not say "do the chorus" or anything similar, because I won't always know what the chorus is for every song. ^o^;>

Rule 4. I make island tunes for fun, and because I like to help people who might have a hard time making them on their own. I don't require any form of payment. I don't have any particular use for TBT bells or anything like that. So you can just say "thank you." :)

HOW TOWN/ISLAND TUNES AND MY NOTATION FOR THEM WORK:

In both town and island tunes, there are only eight different tones that can be played, A, B, C, D, E, F and G. There are no sharps or flats. There are a low and a high version of all of the notes except for F, which has only one, right in the middle. I'll specify whether the notes are the high or low version if I create a island tune for you.

- means a sustain (the straight line mouth frog note) and z means a rest (the sleeping frog note).

EXAMPLE: (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Main Theme)

View attachment 340654

This would be notated as:

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

High G and A, low C and B.

(Please be warned that some songs might be in a particular key or at a speed that makes it impossible for them to sound right in the town tune format, although I'll do my best with every request.)

Any requests? Anyone can make as many requests as they like (limit 3 per day). :)

Hi, may I please request for this tune:

The keyboard intro (0 to 20 secs) would be great. And/or the chorus is good too (0:58 to 1:16 secs).

Thank you so much!!!

@kazaf Here is "The Beach - Pure Shores (HD)":

AAAABBBB
CCCCBBBB

All the high notes or all the low notes.

Town tunes are only four seconds long. I tried to fit as much of the first twenty seconds of the song into one tune as I could, but it's more like eight seconds, and it's very rushed. With more accurate timing, it would be like this:

A-A-AA--
B-B-BB--

And the other part you asked for:

ECCEDC-E
DC-E-CC-

Again, I could only fit in four seconds rather than the whole eighteen that you asked for. If you wanted a different part than what I chose, please tell me which seconds the part you want plays during a little more precisely, and I'll be happy to make you more town tunes.

AAAABBBB
CCCCBBBB

Town tunes are only four seconds long. I tried to fit as much of the first twenty seconds of the song into one tune as I could, but it's more like eight seconds, and it's very rushed. With more accurate timing, it would be like this:

A-A-AA--
B-B-BB--

ECCEDC-E
DC-E-CC-

Again, I could only fit in four seconds rather than the whole eighteen that you asked for. If you wanted a different part than what I chose, please tell me which seconds the part you want plays during a little more precisely, and I'll be happy to make you more town tunes.
Thank you so much. I'll give it a try.

:D

AAAABBBB
CCCCBBBB

A-A-AA--
B-B-BB--

ECCEDC-E
DC-E-CC-

Can you please try at 1:05 to 1:08?

On a separate note, can you please create Delfino Plaza at 0:30 to 0:34.

Thanks so much!

@kazaf Here is that part of "The Beach - Pure Shores (HD)" where they sing "take me to the beach":

CBCBA--B
---zzzzz

All the high notes or all the low notes will work.

Unfortunately, that part of "Super Mario Sunshine - Delfino Plaza Original Soundtrack OST (HD)" contains a combination of sharp and flat notes that cannot be accurately recreated using all natural notes in a town tune. The closest I can get is something like this:

CGFE-C-B
-A-G---z

Low E, all other notes high.

To be accurate, the last G really needs to be a G sharp, but it's just not possible in a town tune. Let me know if you'd like me to try a different part of the song, or a different song, and I'll be happy to make more town tunes for you. :)

@kazaf Here is that part of "The Beach - Pure Shores (HD)" where they sing "take me to the beach":

CBCBA--B
---zzzzz

Unfortunately, that part of "Super Mario Sunshine - Delfino Plaza Original Soundtrack OST (HD)" contains a combination of sharp and flat notes that cannot be accurately recreated using all natural notes in a town tune. The closest I can get is something like this:

CGFE-C-B
-A-G---z

Low E, all other notes high.

To be accurate, the last G really needs to be a G sharp, but it's just not possible in a town tune. Let me know if you'd like me to try a different part of the song, or a different song, and I'll be happy to make more town tunes for you. :)
Thanks a lot. One last try please: 3:25-3:29. Just wanted to get some part that's iconic to the song.

Can you please create Gelato Beach at 0:14 to 0:18.

Thank you.

@kazaf Here is that part of "The Beach - Pure Shores (HD)":

GGD-GGD-
--zzE-C-

High G, all other notes low.

Here is "Gelato Beach - Super Mario Sunshine":

EECGF--D
---zzzzz

All the high notes.

Or, to fit more of the song in while contracting it to include fewer notes and less accurate timing:

ECGF-D--
ECGF-D--

All the high notes.

I ran a Town Tune Maker thread for New Leaf for years HERE, and now that New Horizons is here, and town tunes still work exactly the same, I decided to start a new town/island tune maker thread here! So if anyone has a song they'd like me to help them turn into the town tune format, just ask! Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE REQUESTING

RULES:

1. SEARCH this and the previous Town Tune Maker thread to see if your town/island tune is already made

2. Post a LINK (preferably Youtube and NOT extended) so I can hear your song

3. Specify which SECONDS of the song you want made into a town/island tune

4. Requesting is FREE! Anyone can make as many requests as they like (LIMIT 3 PER DAY)!:)

5. PEOPLE WHO MAKE POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE POLITELY ASKED TO READ THE RULES AND POST AGAIN WHILE FOLLOWING THEM

LONGER EXPLANATION OF RULES:

Rule 1.
Please use the "SEARCH" feature--in both this and the New Leaf edition of this thread, which is HERE--to see if I've already done a song that you want. I've done hundreds of requests, so it's possible a song you want is already made. When you're in the thread you want to search, click on the "search" button and select "this thread." Like this:

View attachment 234228

Rule 2. If you have a request, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it.
This will also ensure that you will absolutely 100% for sure get the correct song that you want, when I search for songs myself, I sometimes find the wrong one.
(Youtube is preferred, and non-extended videos are preferred as well; it makes it easier to find and replay the few seconds that you want made into island tunes if the video isn't really long. Try clicking on an exact second that you want in a half-hour or longer video. It's much harder than on a five-minute one.)

Rule 3. You can specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.
Please note that Island Tunes are generally able to contain about 2-5 seconds of a song in them. If you don't specify particular seconds of a song, I'll usually just choose whatever melodic bit of music plays first. I'm rarely familiar with the songs people request, so please do not say "do the chorus" or anything similar, because I won't always know what the chorus is for every song. ^o^;>

Rule 4. I make island tunes for fun, and because I like to help people who might have a hard time making them on their own. I don't require any form of payment. I don't have any particular use for TBT bells or anything like that. So you can just say "thank you." :)

HOW TOWN/ISLAND TUNES AND MY NOTATION FOR THEM WORK:

In both town and island tunes, there are only eight different tones that can be played, A, B, C, D, E, F and G. There are no sharps or flats. There are a low and a high version of all of the notes except for F, which has only one, right in the middle. I'll specify whether the notes are the high or low version if I create a island tune for you.

- means a sustain (the straight line mouth frog note) and z means a rest (the sleeping frog note).

EXAMPLE: (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Main Theme)

View attachment 340654

This would be notated as:

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

High G and A, low C and B.

(Please be warned that some songs might be in a particular key or at a speed that makes it impossible for them to sound right in the town tune format, although I'll do my best with every request.)

Any requests? Anyone can make as many requests as they like (limit 3 per day). :)
Hello (love the Wilson icon BTW!!) I'd like to request the victory themes from Hylics 1 and 2,
I'm playing on New Leaf if that's ok!

For the Hylics 1 tune, the first five seconds is fine (or however much you can fit). For the Hylics 2 one, just after 0:02 - 0:06 (right after the third do-do-do-du if that makes sense).
As always you're the expert here, so feel free to make any changes and if you hear a spot that would make for a better tune go right ahead! Thank you so much :D

I'm playing on New Leaf if that's ok!

Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

@dacapman Here is "Hylics OST - Victory":

GBDB---z
GBDB---z

The second and fourth B are high, the first and third B and all other notes are low.

Here is "Hylics 2 OST Victory":

ACEGACEG
E---A---

G and the last A are high, first two A's and all other notes are low.

Both songs are unusually written and a little tricky to turn into a town tune, so if the way I did it isn't what you were expecting, let me know, and I can try to do them a little differently.

I like them, especially the second one! Thank you so much, I understand these were probably tricky due to Hylics OST being weird as all hell.

Hello, I would like to request the Life Is Strange: True Colours theme tune please, just the first few seconds starting from 0:03 will be fine, Thank you!! :)

You're welcome! :)

Feel free to post again any time if you have more requests, I'm always happy to make town tunes for people, and everyone can request up to three tunes every day.

Can you do the amazing world of gumball town tune? Starting from 0:00?

Yae Miko’s theme in Genshin impact? The part at 2:10?

And Yaoyao’s theme also from Genshin impact? The part at 0:38?

@MikanTsumiki2003 Here is "The Amazing World of Gumball - Full Intro":

G-AB---z
B-AG---z

Here is "Yae Miko Theme Music EXTENDED - Anecdote of a Divine Kitsune Guuji (tnbee mix) | Genshin Impact":

D---zzED
A---D--E

I had to cheat the last note a little bit to make it fit into the tune, the last D really needed an extra sustain line to match the original timing, but I didn't want to leave that last note of the musical phrase out of it. If you'd like, I could remake it with a more abbreviated timing that will fit the notes in better, but the timing won't match the original as closely. Or, since you have the notes now, you can play around with the timing yourself by moving or adding and subtracting sustain lines, if you want to.

Here is "Yaoyao Theme Music EXTENDED - Purity of the Blossoming Osmanthus (tnbee mix) | Genshin Impact":

DEG-EGA-
GAB--DB-

E and the first D are low, second D and all other notes are high.

Hi! You're amazing for doing this!
I'm hoping to do Auroras theme from child of light, the main melody starts at 8 seconds in the attached YouTube link. I think this song might be too long or slow but I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.
I tried searching but I didn't see anyone else ask for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back