• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Island Tune/Town Tune Maker - Make Town Tunes for Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to figure this tune out for myself: Die Hebrides (Mendelssohn)
It's just that the main motif starts on an f sharp and my brain is having a hard time transposing it to the town tunes that are all in C MAJOR 🙄. The one that goes: (eighth note rest) te 2 te ta 3 4 (te = 8th note, te ta = 2 16th notes, if you use a different counting system).

Hopefully I didn't make it seem so confusing for you 😅

@cherrytheone I don't actually really know much about music theory, so all those numbers and things you posted don't mean anything to me. But if you post a video so that I can hear the song and tell me which seconds the part you want plays during, I can try making a tune for you. I do it all by ear. ^o^;>

@kiwikenobi ok! I have posted a link to a YouTube video of a performance of the piece :D the part I want is the theme that plays in the first few seconds. It should be around 0:00 to 0:20 or so. Don't know if the time length fits the town tune length but I really enjoy that little bit.

Typing all that music theory stuff - oops. My bad 😂

You're welcome! Happy to help! Please feel free to post again if you ever have any other requests. I'm always happy to make town tunes for people. :)

@Dreamstateunii Yes, this thread is very much still active! That part of "Skin Cells - Youthinasia" contains a combination of sharp and flats notes that cannot be accurately recreated in a town tune, which is probably why you've been having trouble with it, but this is what I was able to to do with it:

EGDEFAC-
C-EGE---

Second C and the first, third, and fourth E's are low, second E, first C, and all other notes are high.
It's a tricky song to convert, so it's not perfectly accurate, though it's pretty close. If you'd like me to try a different song, just let me know, and I'll be happy to make more tunes for you.
Thank you so much for your help :> I really appreciate you !

I ran a Town Tune Maker thread for New Leaf for years HERE, and now that New Horizons is here, and town tunes still work exactly the same, I decided to start a new town/island tune maker thread here! So if anyone has a song they'd like me to help them turn into the town tune format, just ask! Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE REQUESTING

RULES:

1. SEARCH this and the previous Town Tune Maker thread to see if your town/island tune is already made

2. Post a LINK (preferably Youtube and NOT extended) so I can hear your song

3. Specify which SECONDS of the song you want made into a town/island tune

4. Requesting is FREE! Anyone can make as many requests as they like (LIMIT 3 PER DAY)!:)

5. PEOPLE WHO MAKE POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE POLITELY ASKED TO READ THE RULES AND POST AGAIN WHILE FOLLOWING THEM

LONGER EXPLANATION OF RULES:

Rule 1.
Please use the "SEARCH" feature--in both this and the New Leaf edition of this thread, which is HERE--to see if I've already done a song that you want. I've done hundreds of requests, so it's possible a song you want is already made. When you're in the thread you want to search, click on the "search" button and select "this thread." Like this:

View attachment 234228

Rule 2. If you have a request, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it.
This will also ensure that you will absolutely 100% for sure get the correct song that you want, when I search for songs myself, I sometimes find the wrong one.
(Youtube is preferred, and non-extended videos are preferred as well; it makes it easier to find and replay the few seconds that you want made into island tunes if the video isn't really long. Try clicking on an exact second that you want in a half-hour or longer video. It's much harder than on a five-minute one.)

Rule 3. You can specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.
Please note that Island Tunes are generally able to contain about 2-5 seconds of a song in them. If you don't specify particular seconds of a song, I'll usually just choose whatever melodic bit of music plays first. I'm rarely familiar with the songs people request, so please do not say "do the chorus" or anything similar, because I won't always know what the chorus is for every song. ^o^;>

Rule 4. I make island tunes for fun, and because I like to help people who might have a hard time making them on their own. I don't require any form of payment. I don't have any particular use for TBT bells or anything like that. So you can just say "thank you." :)

HOW TOWN/ISLAND TUNES AND MY NOTATION FOR THEM WORK:

In both town and island tunes, there are only eight different tones that can be played, A, B, C, D, E, F and G. There are no sharps or flats. There are a low and a high version of all of the notes except for F, which has only one, right in the middle. I'll specify whether the notes are the high or low version if I create a island tune for you.

- means a sustain (the straight line mouth frog note) and z means a rest (the sleeping frog note).

EXAMPLE: (Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Main Theme)

View attachment 340654

This would be notated as:

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

High G and A, low C and B.

(Please be warned that some songs might be in a particular key or at a speed that makes it impossible for them to sound right in the town tune format, although I'll do my best with every request.)

Any requests? Anyone can make as many requests as they like (limit 3 per day). :)
I ran a Town Tune Maker thread for New Leaf for years HERE, and now that New Horizons is here, and town tunes still work exactly the same, I decided to start a new town/island tune maker thread here! So if anyone has a song they'd like me to help them turn into the town tune format, just ask! Whether you're playing New Leaf or New Horizons or any other Animal Crossing game, the tunes I make will work the same in all of them!

RULES:

1. SEARCH this and the previous Town Tune Maker thread to see if your town/island tune is already made

4. Requesting is FREE! Anyone can make as many requests as they like (LIMIT 3 PER DAY)!:)

5. PEOPLE WHO MAKE POSTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES WILL BE POLITELY ASKED TO READ THE RULES AND POST AGAIN WHILE FOLLOWING THEM

Rule 1.
Please use the "SEARCH" feature--in both this and the New Leaf edition of this thread, which is HERE--to see if I've already done a song that you want. I've done hundreds of requests, so it's possible a song you want is already made. When you're in the thread you want to search, click on the "search" button and select "this thread." Like this:

View attachment 234228

Rule 2. If you have a request, please post a link to a sound file or a video with the song in it so that I can hear it.
This will also ensure that you will absolutely 100% for sure get the correct song that you want, when I search for songs myself, I sometimes find the wrong one.
(Youtube is preferred, and non-extended videos are preferred as well; it makes it easier to find and replay the few seconds that you want made into island tunes if the video isn't really long. Try clicking on an exact second that you want in a half-hour or longer video. It's much harder than on a five-minute one.)

Rule 3. You can specify which seconds of the song you would like done, if you have a preference.
Please note that Island Tunes are generally able to contain about 2-5 seconds of a song in them. If you don't specify particular seconds of a song, I'll usually just choose whatever melodic bit of music plays first. I'm rarely familiar with the songs people request, so please do not say "do the chorus" or anything similar, because I won't always know what the chorus is for every song. ^o^;>

Rule 4. I make island tunes for fun, and because I like to help people who might have a hard time making them on their own. I don't require any form of payment. I don't have any particular use for TBT bells or anything like that. So you can just say "thank you." :)

In both town and island tunes, there are only eight different tones that can be played, A, B, C, D, E, F and G. There are no sharps or flats. There are a low and a high version of all of the notes except for F, which has only one, right in the middle. I'll specify whether the notes are the high or low version if I create a island tune for you.

- means a sustain (the straight line mouth frog note) and z means a rest (the sleeping frog note).

View attachment 340654

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

(Please be warned that some songs might be in a particular key or at a speed that makes it impossible for them to sound right in the town tune format, although I'll do my best with every request.)

Any requests? Anyone can make as many requests as they like (limit 3 per day). :)

Think you can do this? 1:21-1:23

@Nomkin Here is "Stephen Rezza - Artemis (Audio)":

FEAFEA--
-zzzzzzz

All the low notes.

Or, if you want it to last for more of the tune and play more slowly:

F-E-A-F-
E-A---zz

All the low notes.

Oooo I never thought to check this thread out, meanwhile I’ve been wanting to change up my town theme. Thank you for still being active with this!!

I have two requests if that’s not too much to ask 😊

0:50-0:56
“St Jude - the patron saint of the lost causes”

0:18-0:24
“KYW News Radio ten-sixty”

I’m really hoping the first one sounds nice, as it’s the song my island is named after. But I’m also super curious how this AM radio jingle from where I grew up would sound 😅

@Olimar Here is "Florence + The Machine - St. Jude":

CDC-D-CC
E-DCA---

All the high notes or all the low notes will work.

Here is "KYW NewsRadio 1060 ID and TOTH at 5:00 p.m. for 4/5/2014":

CC-B-AG-
-C-B-AG-

@Olimar Here is "Florence + The Machine - St. Jude":

CDC-D-CC
E-DCA---

Here is "KYW NewsRadio 1060 ID and TOTH at 5:00 p.m. for 4/5/2014":

CC-B-AG-
-C-B-AG-

Wow!!! That was so fast, thank you! The KYW tune is so cute and perfect, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I appreciate this so much!

You're welcome! I glad you like it! Let me know if you'd ever like any other tunes, I'll be happy to make more. :)

RULES:

Rule 1.

View attachment 234228

View attachment 340654

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

Would you be able to do this song 0:00-0:08? Much appreciated:

Last edited by a moderator:
@emarti00 Here is "Denzel Curry - Void (Ft. ForteBowie & Leonardo Safari) [Prod. By PXSH RAVEN]":

B--B--BC
DB---zzz

RULES:

Rule 1.

View attachment 234228

View attachment 340654

G-CBC--A
G---zzzz

Hi! Would you be able to do this?:
(Hijo De La Luna - instrumental) <3
Post automatically merged:

The first couple seconds of the song if that works! Thank you for doing this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back