• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is this game any good?

I personally enjoyed it, but it definitely isn't for everyone. The game involves designing homes (obviously), and there really isn't anything else to do outside of that. It can certainly get boring after a while, but I find myself playing it occasionally in short bursts.

If you happen to have played The Sims, this question may be of some use. Are you a Sims player who spends hours meticulously designing houses and gets a lot of their enjoyment from that feature, or do you simply select one of the default houses and get right to playing? If you are the former, ACHH is probably for you. If you are the latter, it is probably not for you.

It really depends on whether you like designing your house in ACNL. It is pretty much that feature but expanded on, you can now make front yards and hang things from the ceiling. You also don't have to buy the furniture with bells. You unlock it, the more houses you complete. I suggest you watch some of Mischa Crossing's HHD challenges or SwimmingBird's videos on the game. I have just gotten back into it again and I enjoy designing houses so I love the game but it is not for everyone and I recommend you watch youtube videos on the game before buying it.

I enjoy it a lot myself and find it soothing to design houses for my villagers. I think it was worth the money to purchase it.

I like it! Sometimes I just feel I want to decorate homes and since Sims don't work on my computer, this game help me a little bit. :D

When it came out I was really excited because, as a huge an of animal crossing, It was a new game! I had preordered it and anticipated the day when it came out! I got it the day it came out and ‘finished’ the game the next day! It was fun, but I don’t find myself playing it anymore. It gets old pretty quickly but it was still pretty fun when I first got it.

It's def fun, but it can get boring after a while since it's just designing. I don't think its worth it for the full game price though and it's more of a side minigame tbh

I recently bought the game for ?15, which is all I'd say it's worth. Definitely get it if you want a game that's going to help you pass the time or if you want something to relax in bed with. I see myself playing it when I'm on a plane or on a long coach journey.

I like the game and i think it is a good way to just waste some time but it does get a little bit boring and repetitive because you are just building houses not worth it's full price though.

I also think it's perhaps a bit overpriced. I'm not sure if I would have bought it if it wasn't included in my New Nintendo 3DS when I got that ... although I probably would have, because ANIMAL CROSSING. For me, it's a game I play occasionally when I'm in the mood to design a house or two, I don't usually play it for hours upon hours like some other games. Like everyone else said tho; if you enjoy interior design, you'll love it. I personally just have the problem that I'm kinda bad at it, and then I see everyone else's beautiful designs and I get a bit salty at my lack of skills, haha.

I just played it again for a bit and I think it really depends on what you're looking for in a game.. To me, it's solely meant for enjoyment/relaxation as I quite enjoy decorating, although I wouldn't do more than 3 to 4 houses in a row as it can get a little boring since there is no competitive element. The villagers will be happy with the room no matter how you decorate it it seems, I've never had one disappointed villager and there have been rooms where I felt like I didn't try hard enough/got tired of it and just submitted it.

I like it, but just don't go in expecting a fully fleshed out Animal Crossing game or anything

overall, I guess it'd depend though on how much you like designing houses, and one's with defined requests at that. of course, nothing forces you to follow these requests, but then why even bother to begin with?

worst part for me is that I tend to get exhausted after just one house, but I also take requests very seriously, and so it can be a good couple hours for just one client to be dealt with and moved in

- - - Post Merge - - -

The villagers will be happy with the room no matter how you decorate it it seems, I've never had one disappointed villager and there have been rooms where I felt like I didn't try hard enough/got tired of it and just submitted it.

I literally blocked off a villager from even being able to go anywhere and she *still* loved the design

Last edited:
I literally blocked off a villager from even being able to go anywhere and she *still* loved the design

I did do that once to a villager with the specific items he wanted. It worked! But I felt sorry for him and fixed it.

Last edited:
I enjoy it a lot. It probably comes from the fact that decorating houses is one of my favorite activities in the Animal Crossing games.

I agree with Maple. I still enjoy HHD a lot.

It gave me lots of motivation on how to decorate my houses in NL. I was really bad about sticking with only one set, and it looked bland. HHD expanded my horizons a lot on what looked good together.

It kills time and gives you something to do. Overall still one of my favorites on the 3DS.

It all comes down to how much you enjoy designing homes.

Honestly, I don't think so. It's like they removed 95% of New Leaf but still charged the same for it. :/ I'd love for this to be a feature in a mainline game, but on it's own? It just wasn't enough to keep me coming back for more.

I also think it's perhaps a bit overpriced. I'm not sure if I would have bought it if it wasn't included in my New Nintendo 3DS when I got that

Yeah, I didn't get the game until it was on sale for about $12 lmao

Imo it's a good game but it's not worth paying full price for at all.

I also think it's perhaps a bit overpriced. I'm not sure if I would have bought it if it wasn't included in my New Nintendo 3DS when I got that ... although I probably would have, because ANIMAL CROSSING. For me, it's a game I play occasionally when I'm in the mood to design a house or two, I don't usually play it for hours upon hours like some other games. Like everyone else said tho; if you enjoy interior design, you'll love it. I personally just have the problem that I'm kinda bad at it, and then I see everyone else's beautiful designs and I get a bit salty at my lack of skills, haha.

That is true. I got it on sale with the NFC reader and a amibo card (redd) which was $29 Aus. I still think it's fun. Getting to meet new villagers and unlocking all the items are pretty fun.

If you don't have all the required items, the villager will question why you dont have that item and double check.
I did try leaving the only required items that specific villager need and also looking around the rooms, doing nothing. it worked somehow but i fixed it later

I enjoyed playing it! If you like decorating the houses, its fun! It's just a bit annoying having to scroll through the catalog for the furniture you want- especially if you forgot what the series was called.

Back