• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO STOP A VILLAGER FROM MOVING WHEN CURRENTLY IN BOXES.

Mr_Keroppi

🐸Hoppy Little Frog🐸
Bells
Switch
2869-7771-1393
Green Bunny Balloon
Psychedelic Snow Bunny
Moon Bunny
Snow Bunny
Daisy Easter Egg
Toy Hammer
森
Dreamy Party Popper
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Hello everyone. I started playing some more city folk today as it has been around a week since I last played. To my surprise my favorite villager Bunnie is in boxes. I DO NOT WANT HER TO LEAVE. I have already sent her 4 letters with fruit AND a Redd invitation. I did this because I read online that sending them letter will make them stay. Is there any other tactics I can use to make her stay? I already tried speaking to her for 10+ minutes but I never saw the "Don't Go!" option like in Wild World. If anyone knows anyway to help please tell me. Its currently 1:01 in my town so that should mean that the mail has time to run and hopefully she will stay. Thank you so much and PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Also just for your information I did not tell her to leave and the last time we spoke was 7 days ago. She is just in boxes now randomly. I cannot believe they chose my fave villager to move out when anyone else could have been fine 😭😭

TL;DR THE LETTER TRICK DOES NOT WORK. IT ONLY KEEPS THEM FOR A SINGLE DAY STILL IN BOXES SO DO NOT TRUST IT!!

Last edited:
i would help but i never played the old acs. i dont think there is a way tho :( so you have to try to get her again

i would help but i never played the old acs. i dont think there is a way tho :( so you have to try to get her again
Hopefully the letter trick will work!!! If not then my CF town will be the only one without bunnie :(
She is in my WW, NL, and NH town. (I hate GCN because mean villagers so no town lol)

I am so sorry to hear that. ;-;

Unfortunately though, the only game you can stop villagers when they are already in boxes is in WW.
But I hope the letter trick you tried will work. ^^

I once had Octavian in boxes in my CF town and I convinced him to stay, so I'm pretty positive that it's possible (but I'm not 100% sure, can't hurt to try though).

I once had Octavian in boxes in my CF town and I convinced him to stay, so I'm pretty positive that it's possible (but I'm not 100% sure, can't hurt to try though).
I tried another ten minutes and she still never had the option :(
I really hope the letter trick works.. Thanks for the answer though!

I’ve never got the option to convince a villager to stay aside from in Wild World. I hope that letter trick works, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up, unfortunately. It’s usually to late if they’re already in boxes.

UPDATE: The letter trick worked ? Somewhat atleast. Bunnie is still in my town and sent me a reply but her house is still in boxes. She was walking around town earlier but now her house is still in boxes. She does not reference it but its weird. I will check tomorrow and we shall see....

Can you not just talk to them over and over until they stay? Weird, I would have thought CF and WW had the same mechanic since they're so similar.

Can you not just talk to them over and over until they stay? Weird, I would have thought CF and WW had the same mechanic since they're so similar.
I tried for a total of 25 minutes and she never had the option. Weird.

Right? You'd think everything would carry over from Wild World because of how often City Folk is considered a "console version" of it, or whatever. Then you play it, and realize the many dumb design choices the developers made with CF, and the comparisons between both games start to become less obvious, and the differences more nuanced. I seriously can't figure out why talking your villagers out of moving was something exclusive to WW, but here we are, I guess.

Last edited:
Right? You'd think everything would carry over from Wild World because of how often City Folk is considered a "console version" of it, or whatever. Then you play it, and realize the many dumb design choices the developers made with CF, and the comparisons between both games start to become less obvious, and the differences more nuanced. I seriously can't figure out why talking your villagers out of moving was something exclusive to WW, but here we are, I guess.
Its so weird. City Folk is literally just WW, With a city, on the Wii, and has alot of the best things taken out. I HATE the chat system in City Folk. I believe they also got rid of hobbies and this villager move out talk out. It was all so helpful. MANY other things were taken out. It baffles me because the Wii is more powerful than the DS so why did they REMOVE STUFF????????

Its so weird. City Folk is literally just WW, With a city, on the Wii,and has alot of the best things taken out. I HATE the chat system in City Folk. I believe they also got rid of hobbies and this villager move out talk out. It was all so helpful. MANY other things were taken out. It baffles me because the Wii is more powerful than the DS so why did they REMOVE STUFF????????
Not to be pedantic, but it's not "literally" just WW, in the same way that WW isn't "literally" just the original AC without the real-world based events and tiers. You're spot on with everything else, though. I can't stand it when developers add something to their game series, then remove it for no apparent reason. Mechanically, this franchise can be quite inconsistent.

Not to be pedantic, but it's not "literally" just WW, in the same way that WW isn't "literally" just the original AC without the real-world based events and tiers. You're spot on with everything else, though. I can't stand it when developers add something to their game series, then remove it for no apparent reason. Mechanically, this franchise can be quite inconsistent.
tbh NH should have been the best of all the past games not a soft reboot where everything is decorating. But I completely understand! CF is just really really similar to WW and even shares the same music... I hope your day is well so far!!

Final Update: Bunnie completely left today and sent me a ton of letters. Some are goodbye and some are thanks for the letter. She even mentioned she was already a member of Redd's which is what they all say. She moved away but atleast she is still in wild world, New Leaf, and New Horizons! Maybe I can transfer my virtual console WW to city folk... I am going to lock this thread now though. I hope that if anyone is reading that you know that

TL;DR THE LETTER TRICK DOES NOT WORK. IT ONLY KEEPS THEM FOR A SINGLE DAY STILL IN BOXES SO DO NOT TRUST IT!!

I am sorry to hear that she moved away ;-;

But at least you still have her in your other towns :,)

If it was possible (and if WiiConnect24 still existed), I could've given her to you. I don't care much for Peppy villagers. Besides, I already have her in AF and AFe+, anyway.

Last edited:
Back