is there any DLC so far in HHD?

where are nintendo zones? and where would I go in game to download it?

In the USA, if you go to a Nintendo Zone, you can download Louie

Oooh, I wonder if that's applicable to Canada, too!
I work at Best Buy, and I'm pretty sure we have a Nintendo Zone. I'm going to check it out today while I'm at work ;D

I was never successful before with getting downloadable stuff from Best Buy where I live. After a while they just stopped advertising that they were a Zone. But I was always able to download stuff at any of the McDonalds in my area. The Best Buy manager finally told me that reps from some of the software companies would come and set up their demo merchandise and change the settings which would knock out the Nintendo Zone capabilities so they just stopped participating in the program. But the BB in your area might be more on the ball.

I didn't think he was available until 2nd Oct?
You can also do the router/smartphone trick and change your routers (or smartphone hotspots) names and use that to download DLC.

I was never successful before with getting downloadable stuff from Best Buy where I live. After a while they just stopped advertising that they were a Zone. But I was always able to download stuff at any of the McDonalds in my area. The Best Buy manager finally told me that reps from some of the software companies would come and set up their demo merchandise and change the settings which would knock out the Nintendo Zone capabilities so they just stopped participating in the program. But the BB in your area might be more on the ball.

You have finally explained to me why some BestBuy stores never work for Nbtendo Zone and StreetPass!

Barnes has been really good with Nintendo Zone at almost all the stores except the one near my house
:(

But I got Louie last night from a Barnes & Noble! Hooray!!

I didn't think he was available until 2nd Oct?
You can also do the router/smartphone trick and change your routers (or smartphone hotspots) names and use that to download DLC.

2nd October in the UK, otherwise he's already available in America. :)

You can pick up Louie at a Nintendo Zone, like McDonalds. In-game, you go upstairs from your office and head to the 3DS on the table to download him.

Did this actually work for you? I have homepass set up (and can get other dlc with no problems) but it doesn't seem to work in HHD.

I've never been able to get Nintendo Zone to work at Best buy either. I asked the people working there about it and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about ^_^(). I didn't know they were at Mc Donald's too. I'll have to try that out and hope for the best.

I was hoping that anything downloadable would be on eshop or something other than nintendozone. :/ I don't have my own car or much money to be able to drive out to a nintendozone location just to download something for my game.

I'm still waiting for my game to arrive. Does anyone know if I have to do a few requests first before I can use the download option?

Edit:
If y'all can't get to a Nintendo Zone he should be coming out through SpotPass on Oct. 6!
I don't have a Nintendo Zone near me (I only have one McDonald's & I couldn't connect to their wifi) so I got a little worried. ; v ;

Oh, that's good to know! :]

Last edited:
You can get Louie right now in the US through Nintendo Zone. I know it was said in the first reply but there seems to be a few posts in here saying otherwise or unsure, so confirming you can, I've done it myself!

http://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/646368742239260672
You can pick up Louie at a Nintendo Zone, like McDonalds. In-game, you go upstairs from your office and head to the 3DS on the table to download him.

I figured out my problem and got Louie successfully, so the trick is definitely still working! (I have two routers, and the 3DS prefers the secure one, so I had to disconnect it and force it to go through the "nintendo zone" router)

Last edited:
You can get Louie in the UK, too. I just got my copy today and have already done his room.

Last edited:
Back