Is there a secret to movjg out villagers?

Brobasaur

NO RESETTING!
Bells
Winter Mittens
This stupid croc wont move out, and Ive TTed through 3-4 months trying to do it. Everyone else has offered and I talk to him regularly enough. Am I missing something? Hes right on where I want to build my coffee shop.

Is he the last villager to move in? They are really hard to get out if that's the case, and in such a situation, you may need to move someone else out/in first. Otherwise, it's pretty random. Building friendship does help.

There are two methods I use.

One, talk to the villager regularly---talk to them EXCESSIVELY, even. Villagers that you befriend seem to have a stronger inclination to leave.

Two, ignore the villager for about ten days straight (you can't just TT over the ten days in one go, though---you have to do it one day at a time). Then you'll likely find out from a different villager that you talk to regularly that "so and so" is planning on moving away. They won't ping you or talk to you themselves in this case, because they feel neglected.

I find that befriending them seems to work better. I have someone asking me to leave nearly every day, since I talk to my villagers every day. And it's easy to either encourage them or stop them that way.

Good luck!

Last edited:
So I should ignore him? Because Ive read they wont move out if you ignore them.

I personally find that befriending them works better. Once they feel they've reached a good friendship level with you, they'll want to move on.

Copied and pasted from an answer that I gave to someone that was asking the same questions:

"As far as game mechanics go... Advancing your game by more than a day increases the internal (days played) clock by 1. So increasing it by a month is only going to give you weeds, no extra fossils or gyroids. A villager might move but never more than one and if you were advancing by 2 days per trip would have achieved a similar result(except they usually ask instead of disappear). Also if you don't talk to a villager at all, they tend to be more stubborn about moving. You can also use the PW trick to make them ping you and sometimes that triggers a move conversation. (public works trick being: grab a swimsuit, swim out of reach for 5 minutes, fill all your items with things like bells and tools, swim back and stealthily target the villager you want to ping usually the first one will ping you unless you have a you've been playing too long thing going. If that is the case, talk to one you didn't want to ping, so he can clear the conversation. The next person you run into will ping you for a conversation. If you have items that cant be bought or traded it reduces the conversations they can have with you raising your chances of having a PW or move conversation)"

I've only tried the ignore method on one villager, and I found it didn't help at all. Went on more than a month of real days and twice that of ACNL days. He pinged the week I gave up and started talking to him again. I just stay best friends with everyone and let the probabilities play out. No dreamies are lost, and at least I find out right away when someone is thinking of moving because everyone is talking to me, pinging me and sharing rumors with me.

Copied and pasted from an answer that I gave to someone that was asking the same questions:

"As far as game mechanics go... Advancing your game by more than a day increases the internal (days played) clock by 1. So increasing it by a month is only going to give you weeds, no extra fossils or gyroids. A villager might move but never more than one and if you were advancing by 2 days per trip would have achieved a similar result(except they usually ask instead of disappear). Also if you don't talk to a villager at all, they tend to be more stubborn about moving. You can also use the PW trick to make them ping you and sometimes that triggers a move conversation. (public works trick being: grab a swimsuit, swim out of reach for 5 minutes, fill all your items with things like bells and tools, swim back and stealthily target the villager you want to ping usually the first one will ping you unless you have a you've been playing too long thing going. If that is the case, talk to one you didn't want to ping, so he can clear the conversation. The next person you run into will ping you for a conversation. If you have items that cant be bought or traded it reduces the conversations they can have with you raising your chances of having a PW or move conversation)"

Ivs played for a few montsb but only traveling 1-2 days at a time.

Back