• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is the hunt too hard?

I solved two right away and was thinking, how come this one is much easier than the other years? Now I can't seem to find any more eggs. RIP

i have no idea what im doing im just visiting every thread in every section. i just want the kirby egg but idk what clue it is to get it..

i dont know if im really good this year or if the clues are really good :D
either way i got 6/10 right now and im proud of myself xD

I don't know if it's too hard, or if I just don't know enough about video games and the forum to solve the clues. I only have the first egg. I have vague ideas about what some of the others could be, but not really sure where to look.

I don't know if it's too hard, or if I just don't know enough about video games and the forum to solve the clues. I only have the first egg. I have vague ideas about what some of the others could be, but not really sure where to look.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot of the clues aren't about AC and that's pretty much the only game I know about. I also don't explore/participate in the entire forum so I'm not going to understand any references made outside of my little circle. Poop :( I feel like I know what some things are referring to, but I don't know where to look, and even then, I bet I'm wrong on most of them and I'm just going on a wild goose chase hehe

I've never done the egg hunt, even the first egg is too hard for me. I don't understand it.

This still isn't as difficult as the hall of mirrors, though.

It's difficult when I have no idea what I'm looking for, and when the only helpful hint is "you'll know it when you see it!" If I knew what I was looking for, I wouldn't have to ask what it looked like, would I?
I hardly consider this a "fun and fair event" if clarifying beyond the oh-so clear and precise "anything and anywhere!" for the first-timers is not allowed. Honestly, the only thing I've come across that enjoys being so obfuscate as much as this event is the administration department at my college. If I wanted to be stonewalled with superciliousness, then I'd give them a call.
I may take the admins advice and give my brain a rest from this. And by giving my brain a rest, I mean forget about this whole clear-as-mud mess.

Goodness me, I might be playing too much Assassin's Creed; The "Shaun Hastings" level of sarcasm appears to be rubbing off on me.

It's difficult when I have no idea what I'm looking for, and when the only helpful hint is "you'll know it when you see it!" If I knew what I was looking for, I wouldn't have to ask what it looked like, would I?
I hardly consider this a "fun and fair event" if clarifying beyond the oh-so clear and precise "anything and anywhere!" for the first-timers is not allowed. Honestly, the only thing I've come across that enjoys being so obfuscate as much as this event is the administration department at my college. If I wanted to be stonewalled with superciliousness, then I'd give them a call.
I may take the admins advice and give my brain a rest from this. And by giving my brain a rest, I mean forget about this whole clear-as-mud mess.

Goodness me, I might be playing too much Assassin's Creed; The "Shaun Hastings" level of sarcasm appears to be rubbing off on me.

Good point, this is my first egg hunt, and I'm not sure what to do at all. What do you even click on when you're on the page?

Good point, this is my first egg hunt, and I'm not sure what to do at all. What do you even click on when you're on the page?

Idk. The admin told me to look at the previous egg hunt, but idk. It says the answers to previous questions, and last time they were found around TBT and on it's Facebook page. It doesn't explain what they look like though, nor how it actually works. Also, it seems kind of rude to ask people to sift through hundreds of pages of the forum to look for eggs.
Honestly, I'm, more likely than not, going to give this event a miss. I've participated in multiple events (including other "Easter Egg Hunts") on other forums over the years, and I've never come across an event so unclear, so overly-complicated, so ill-defined, and so muddled as this one is. It's like being told to "look at the fish!" in a pond that's completely obscured by silt and algae.

Back