• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is Pocket Camp Too Money-Hungry?

Is Pocket Camp Too Money-Hungry?

• Yes

Votes: 89 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
I don't think so. Yes, half the new items are leaf tickets and we barely make any of them, but the amount of items we need is very limited as well and we do have events for new stuff all the time. I finished decorating my spaces and I get a couple of fortune cookies every week. I have a bunch of cool stuff and I can afford to buy a fortune cookie like once a week too by getting treasure maps, using them for snacks and leveling up new villagers. Honestly, new items are so expensive that I just don't bother spending any money on the game. But at the same time it's all just useless cosmetics.

I have played Pocket Camp since day one and i have to disagree, i don't think they're any more or less money hungry than other f2p games? i personally think there are many ways to aquire leaf tickets without spending any money. like sure you won't always get everything you want from an event, but they obviously have to have some special items that are only obtainable through leaf tickets?? only problem i'd have is that many of the exclusive items cost too many leaf tickets lmao

Similar to many other mobile games, you can get some cool things if you pay real money but for what you get it's too costly.

I've never spent money in the game but have saved up quite a bit of LT. I only used it once or twice before, but through logging in and saving those "apology LT" I had quite a bit. I really wanted to get that recent summer waterpark pack and specifically get that big inner tube slide: the rarest item. I ended up spending all of my LT on it and never got it. After looking at how much real life money it wouldn't cost me to do that many packs, I found out I'd spent nearly $60 worth of LT and didn't even get what I really wanted. That's almost what NH cost, totally not worth it.

If I could've paid maybe a few real-life dollars for specific items I wanted (like the Sims) maybe I would've done it for that slide. But no way I'm spending that much money just to gamble and not get what I want.

That being said, you can totally enjoy the game without spending any money in it. I've done so and had fun! But if you do want to go for the special items I think it's overpriced.

I am not a fan of leaf ticket maps. I wish they would just give leaf tickets or other items instead. I mostly just buy leaf ticket items around Halloween because it tends to take me a year to save enough leaf tickets to get a few cool items. I don't think there were as many things locked behind leaf tickets when I first started playing.

It's a FTP gacha game, so by design, it must be money-hungry. I'm absolutely addicted to the Nikki game series and the business model is almost identical. Though, I suspect Pocket Camp is slightly stingier than other gacha games because it's coasting off of the brand recognition of Animal Crossing. These games have to be greedy to keep turning a profit. If they were too generous, the servers would get shut down in a year.

Well it depends, but its somewhat money hungry since theres too much good stuff and the sad fact is that it costs a lot of leaf tickets or saving to get the good items, so i stopped playing.

Regardless I still had fun playing it and it was a good distraction during 2019.

Well it depends, but its somewhat money hungry since theres too much good stuff and the sad fact is that it costs a lot of leaf tickets or saving to get the good items, so i stopped playing.

Regardless I still had fun playing it and it was a good distraction during 2019.
Indeed it was!, It was really fun to play!

I stopped playing Pocket Camp because I felt forced to spend money. I would rather pay for the app itself (one-time payment) than constantly being expected to pay for every small bit of progress. I always wondered why people would spend their precious money on something as useless as an app.

Back