• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is it possible to transfer a physical copy of a game into a digital copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llust

Bells
Happy Home Designer Token
Red Candy
((I don't know if I put this in the right place

I don't have a safe place to keep all my 3ds games anywhere considering a lot of my extended family is staying with us for a few months, and most of them are toddlers. So far, they've already been taking out my games and hiding them around the house..basically, I just want to know if it's possible to transfer data from the physical copy of the game into a digital copy in my 3ds

Do you mean save files or the entire game?

The entire game, no. If you could do that it would be insanely easy to pirate games.

Do you mean save files or the entire game?

The entire game, no. If you could do that it would be insanely easy to pirate games.

Yeah the game in general. I found that there's this save data transfer tool, but I'm not sure if it's used for what I want

For the game?

Did you seriously just ask if it's possible to transfer a physical copy of a game into a digital copy?

do u think Nintendo like throwing away money

you'd have to repurchase, and I'm pretty sure that since the 3DS saves data on the cart, you'd have to start anew as well.

Last edited:
Actually you do just download "save data transfer tool" in Nintendo eshop for free

Actually you do just download "save data transfer tool" in Nintendo eshop for free

This is true! I recently transferred the data of my physical ACNL cart to my digital game using the transfer tool in the eShop. Worked like a charm. With that said, you'll need to have purchased the digital version to proceed with this process.

Do keep in mind that this is a one-way method. It is not possible to transfer the digital data back to your physical cartridge.

Last edited:
Yes. You have to buy both, and then use the data transfer tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back