Is it possible to obtain every art piece from Redd's coop on Harv's Island?

Belle T

head thoughts, no empty
Bells
Alternate title: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Counterfeit Rock-Head Statue.

I've decided to make it a habit of buying a piece of art from Redd's shop on Harv's island everyday in the hopes that eventually one of them would be the genuine article. However, after a few weeks, a recurring pattern soon became apparent, with only the same few pieces--namely the Rock-Head Statue and the left half of the Wild Painting, both fakes--being put on display at any given time. In the past few weeks, I have managed to find a total of zero (0) genuine pieces at Harv's Island, but whenever Redd visits my island, I can always find at least one.

Am I just extraordinarily unlucky or does Redd's coop only cycle through a small portion of the artworks normally available?

I've been getting a generous mix of real and fake art at the co-op, but it takes a week-ish for Redd to have a different selection on display. A new artwork comes in to replace a purchased one, but if I don't buy I noticed the same pieces available until the next week/after Redd visits the island.

I believe it is possible to get every single piece of genuine art from the co-op! When I started the update, I was only missing a few statues and both wild paintings, and now I'm only missing the Wild Painting Right Half (I believe I did trade for the Motherly Statue but I can't remember). I also have gotten a bunch of genuine art that I've sold on a Discord server I'm in, which is nice as it nets me a decent profit. The best way to get real art to show up is to buy a fake piece of art every day, and if there was no real art during the week, do NOT buy on Sunday. I believe you're guaranteed a real piece of art on Monday then! (At least, that's what I've heard...)

I believe it is possible to get every single piece of genuine art from the co-op! When I started the update, I was only missing a few statues and both wild paintings, and now I'm only missing the Wild Painting Right Half (I believe I did trade for the Motherly Statue but I can't remember). I also have gotten a bunch of genuine art that I've sold on a Discord server I'm in, which is nice as it nets me a decent profit. The best way to get real art to show up is to buy a fake piece of art every day, and if there was no real art during the week, do NOT buy on Sunday. I believe you're guaranteed a real piece of art on Monday then! (At least, that's what I've heard...)
I'm not sure if that's actually true. I have been abstaining from buying on Sundays, not because of that particular trick, but because I reasoned that there was no need to, since it's just going to rotate the next day anyway, and still the same small selection of paintings and statues persist.

It does seem like the game favors some artworks over others (I keep getting Academic and Wistful Paintings all the time, even before the update) but the co-op helped me complete my collection as it was the only place some statues showed up at all. Real art is just rare because it's so easy to rotate the shop.

If you have the money and more than one character, buy both.

There are 3 peices I still haven’t gotten from Redd. I don’t check everyday, but I think I’ve checked often enough to convince myself that Redd is sabotaging my museum completion.

Thing is, I’ve never even seen fakes of the 3 I’m missing…

Redds stock on Harv's island is like the other NPC's there they change once a week (monday i think)

so its possible but as with redd traveling to your island on the boat your not gaurenteed that when your down to the remaning few to collect he wont turn up with genuine or fake items of the ones you've already collected, that annoyed me when i was finishing my museum.

It should be possible, but I feel like the rng is almost always against me; I tend to get a lot of the same ones. I don't like to buy an art piece everyday so waiting a whole week for one is so sad. >.< We'll get there eventually!​

Two days after I posted this thread, I finally managed to get a genuine painting from Redd's coop.

The moral of this story is that if you really want something, kick and scream and complain at other people until you finally get your way.

Back