• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is it possible to get the bedhead option without time traveling or not playing for weeks?

atalkingfish

Bells
It’s hard to find much info on this. But imo it would be a major bummer if an entire hairstyle was locked away from anyone dedicated to the game who doesn’t want to TT. Is there any other way to get this option unlocked?

EDIT: Since there is some confusion...

YES, there is a bedhead hairstyle in this game.
YES, it is different from the previous game, and I’m aware the previous game’s bedhead is a male hairstyle in this
YES, once you get it, your character fixes it, but then the hairstyle remains in your mirror options

I’m looking for a method to unlock this hairstyle without TTing or waiting a month without playing.

Last edited:
hm not sure if it looks the same but maybe the visual punk wig?

I’m not talking about a wig. I’m talking about the unlockable hair style you get for not playing for a week or a month or something. Once you unlock it, it becomes a new hairstyle option in your mirror.

Not that I know of. I mean if you really want it, there is no harm in jumping 1 month forward, then back. It would take 5 minutes.

I don't know if it can be unlocked but one of the boy hairstyles looks like bedhead. at least it does to me

it can be unlocked. It also makes the hairstyle bar look uneven.

There's an option for it when you change your appearance

There's an option for it when you change your appearance

It is not unlocked, from what I can tell, until you haven’t played for a prolonged period. I play every day and don’t want to TT, which makes it very hard for me to unlock. Hence the question at the top of the thread.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if it can be unlocked but one of the boy hairstyles looks like bedhead. at least it does to me

One of the boy hairstyles is the bedhead from New Leaf, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m referring to the new bedhead style in this game which you unlock after not playing for a prolonged period of time.

the hairstyle isnt a thing anymore i dont think. You just wake up and shake it off then your hair goes back to how it was previously!
There's an unlockable hairstyle from the nook atm that looks very similar to it though (i think its an unlockable one anyway)

the hairstyle isnt a thing anymore i dont think. You just wake up and shake it off then your hair goes back to how it was previously!
What you’re describing is how you unlock the hairstyle. After this happens, the hairstyle gets added to your list of hairstyles in your mirror.

I’m not talking about a wig. I’m talking about the unlockable hair style you get for not playing for a week or a month or something. Once you unlock it, it becomes a new hairstyle option in your mirror.
ohh ok yeah I just saw it I never looked that far to the right
hm I don't think you can get it otherwise

What you’re describing is how you unlock the hairstyle. After this happens, the hairstyle gets added to your list of hairstyles in your mirror.
im not following you....?
are they not just the same hairstyle?
edit: my bad i understand now! i didnt know it was unlockable

i didn't know the bedhead style was different in nh than in nl sorry

Sadly I don't think you can without TTing, that's how all the players on my island got it... however if you TT a week or month or whatever in one big jump and then go immediately back to the present day your villagers will never know you were gone and will act exactly the same instead of doing the "omg why have you not been talking to me??" dialogue.

Unfortunately, no there isn't. It's the one reason why I reset my island so early. Time travelled to get it before my island progressed even a second. Like, before I even got first loan done. It bumped up my 'days played' a couple days but I got it.

I swear the bedhead option became a choice once you have the mirror, without having the need to unlock it via messing up your hair due to not playing.
Of course, there's always the chance that I just dreamt that up entirely. Time to go look, I suppose.

I checked - the bedhead hairstyle is a "male" hairstyle option that I think you get when you get access to the mirror, there's no unique bedhead obtainable from having it applied to your character from lack of play. So if you want the bedhead messy style for your character (as in the version from NL) you can get it from a mirror, but any differences between that and the NH applied bedhead aren't obtainable I believe.

Honestly, this is one of the instances where time-travelling is fine. It's a decent haircut that I wouldnt even consider a bedhead. Not playing for an entire month is a stupid requirement.

No it's not possible unless you t
I swear the bedhead option became a choice once you have the mirror, without having the need to unlock it via messing up your hair due to not playing.
Of course, there's always the chance that I just dreamt that up entirely. Time to go look, I suppose.

I checked - the bedhead hairstyle is a "male" hairstyle option that I think you get when you get access to the mirror, there's no unique bedhead obtainable from having it applied to your character from lack of play. So if you want the bedhead messy style for your character (as in the version from NL) you can get it from a mirror, but any differences between that and the NH applied bedhead aren't obtainable I believe.

No, you have to unlock it by not playing for a month or time travelling.

qf2GDux.png

Bedhead is a unique hairstyle.
show

There may be confusion because it looks very similar to this hairstyle. Notice how the bangs are swept in the opposite direction.
16262.png

Back