• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is Ignoring Effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousCharli

Bunnie's Shmoopy
Bells
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Spring Shamrock
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Pear (Fruit)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
I'm trying to cycle villagers/animals so i can get one back. I've recently got to 9 (10 soon). There's someone in my camp that i don't really want but i would rather choose someone expected then the guessing game. If they move in, is ignoring effective? I mean if i don't talk to them ever when they move in will they move out quicker or?
I was kinda told via this youtube video that ignoring is effective...but i'm stuck with a villager and have for a while (especially game wise i only talked to them once which i was told it was okay!).

Thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, ignoring will actually make them stay.

I think you need to talk to all of your villagers at least once, so if any of them want to move out, they will be more likely to ping you. Of course, you can refuse to let the villagers you want to keep move out.

I don't know how to make it so that all villagers will ping you when they want to move out, but the one you want to get rid of will be more likely than the other villagers to ping you, though.

Becoming better friends with them will make them leave faster, plus if they ask to move when they aren't very good friends with you, the chance of them changing their mind is higher.

I'll go on the Google+ ACNL page and everyone is like IGNORE THEM and I'm like PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

sorry for the mini rant

I found ignoring completely and 100% ineffective. I found befriending 100% effective, but it does take a few days. Send letters, visit, have them visit you, run some errands and speak to them a lot for approximately three days and they will enter the pinging/moving cycle.

I've heard many times that you should introduce yourself to a villager when they're unpacking and then ignore them - "they'll be gone in about a week." I tried that twice with different villagers and it did NOT work for me. LOL. It's best to talk to them and do a few favors. They'll eventually want to leave. I'm working on getting rid of Deirdre right now. It takes forever... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back