• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is Happy Home Designer a free download?

Nope, they're on EB games for $60 (preorder) [normal rrp aus] so im pretty sure it will coat money everywhere else too

Yet are probably right. Every company will try to sucker more money out of their consumers, and I think it's foolish to think that they'll do otherwise.

And yet a lot of them don't do it as blatantly and it works out for them. Look at the free to play games on smartphones. They get people into the game because it's free and then they pay to unlock the better features. It seems like people can't even play this game without the cards, so it actually sounds like it'd benefit Nintendo if they made the game itself free.

I think the game will be paid (Nintendo likes to go for overpriced and overhyped), but it'll probably include some cards or villagers so people can try it out before investing in more cards.

There's no way to know for sure yet, but my impression that is the game will be free but essentially useless without the cards. You pay for the game through buying the cards.

Time to eat my hat here guys.

I heard that the game was going to be a physical game, one that you can buy in store. I'm sure y'all already know that though.

Source: GameStop Employee

Back