• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is Happy Home Designer a free download?

There's no way to know for sure yet, but my impression that is the game will be free but essentially useless without the cards. You pay for the game through buying the cards.

This. That's how they reel you in, with the "upgrades". It's like the "free" ipad games that once you are hooked, you want all the extras and upgrades. Which is how they design the damn things.

We can't tell yet but my opinion on what the price should be depends on how the cards work. If they're absolutely required and the game doesn't include them (or at least a few) it should be really cheap or free. Especially if the cards are sold in an annoying gimmicky way like packs with a half dozen random cards.

I don't think they'll necessarily go for the fairer thing.

I assumed it would be paid, and guessing that the cards are extra so that if you want a certain character on demand, you can have them right away.

let's hope it's free, because i don't think i could afford the game + the cards. it's not like i'd be getting a whole bunch of them, but still

Is this game going to be free

Is this game going to be free or is it going to be paid money
Hope there is a demo too

The game will be paid money.

It will work for $60.00 an hour, and that's without any bonuses and whatnot.

Also, it demands paid healthcare.

Last edited:
I think many other threads have established this.
"Is happy home designer a free download" please look at the other threads

Nope, but since its a spin-off they WILL lower the price to about 20 bucks or something like that..

Like they did with Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

There's no way it'll be free...
Especially if they need to release a version that includes an NFC reader, like Let's go to the City included a Mic...

I think it'll be full retail price of an average 3DS title; having a lot of functionality even without the cards.
I'm expecting the cards to make the game better/longer with more DLC-like content available through them... Like the eReader cards did.

Back