Is fish a meat?

Is fish a meat?

• Yes.

Votes: 98 86.0%
  • No.

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters
You can find that information on your own. "Just because tomato is a fruit doesn't mean you can buy tomato yogurt" . I never said eggs are meat - Don't get too excited.

Not excited or anything, sorry if this matter of 'meaty fish' offended you, was not my intention at all!
And I never said that you stated that eggs are meat, it was just an analogy to try to make my point clear, guess it didn't work... Oh well.
"Just because tomato is a fruit doesn't mean you can buy tomato yogurt", yeah sure, but I never said "Just because tomatoes are vegetables doesn't mean you can put salt on them"? x) Did you mean "Just because you can buy tomato yogurt doesn't mean they're fruit"? So much incomprehension...

As I said before, this is one of these topics you can't win. So people can argue or make their point of view clear how much they want, but it's not going anywhere. Don't be sorry, 'cause I don't feel offended.

Last edited:
As I said before, this is one of these topics you can't win. So people can argue or make their point of view clear how much they want, but it's not going anywhere. Don't be sorry, 'cause I don't feel offended.

I see what you mean but, there must be an answer to this question, don't you think? It's just a matter of vocabulary really, we're not trying to prove God's existence x) Guess we'll never know, or at least not on TBT n_n

There are several variations of vegetarians. Some will only eat poultry. Some will eat fish. They are called pollotarians and pescatarians. Probably spelled those wrong.

But fish is meat no matter what.

I see what you mean but, there must be an answer to this question, don't you think? It's just a matter of vocabulary really, we're not trying to prove God's existence x) Guess we'll never know, or at least not on TBT n_n

If it was a matter of vocabulary, then the answer would be clear, but as long as culture, belief etc. is involved, not really.

If it was a matter of vocabulary, then the answer would be clear, but as long as culture, belief etc. is involved, not really.

Yes you're right on that matter. I just usually forget the religious aspect of things, hence why I only cared for the vocabulary side of the question. Still surprised to see that some people define fish as meat and not for religious/cultural reasons though o_o

I consider it a meat when I eat it, however I believe vegetarians still eat it since it's a major way of getting necessary vitamins/proteins, and you can't just eat eggs and nuts.

i consider fish meat, because fish is the flesh of an animal. their "meat" is just different from cows, pigs, etcetera. but they still have fat, muscle, etc. that we eat.
meat = flesh of an animal used for food.
fish = meat, because we eat the flesh of them for food.

I didn't know anyone considered it something other than meat? Of course it's a meat, the definition of meat does not exclude any particular animal flesh, it merely lists a couple of the very common forms of meat eaten by humans. The definition clearly states that it is the flesh of an animal, eaten for food. If it was only mammal and bird based flesh, then the definition would make note of that. If people like to change the definition to meet their standards/needs, then have at it I guess.

what yes????
if it's not meat then what is it lol?? what did you family say it was, if not meat??

what yes????
if it's not meat then what is it lol?? what did you family say it was, if not meat??

I categorize fish as a protein, I'm not going to call it a meat as it really does not fall into that category from my perspective. I mean when I say meat who immediately thinks of fish instead of a hamburger, hot dog, or some steak? Idk I'm not refuting that it could never possibly be called a meat, I'm just saying that I think that is not the proper term to label it as

I don't want to bring religion into this (I've been raised Catholic and stuff) but I was taught that we don't eat meat on Good Friday, yet we eat fish on Good Friday... so is it a meat or?

Back