• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is anyone O.C.D. Like me?

Yeah, a lot of people don't realize that, they just think it's some cute quirk or some adorable, unique personality trait, which is really dumb lol. I always find it really strange when people WANT disorders. People running around pretending to be crazy, or thinking they have bipolar disorder, pretending to have suicidal tendencies or violent urges because it makes them seem "edgy", always claiming they have panic attacks or chronic depression, thinking it's cute to have OCD or ADHD, thinking that hallucinations are cool and how they wish that had schizophrenia so they can play around in alternate realities.

It's usually young people that pull that crap and I have no idea why. People should stop searching for problems to give themselves all the time.

It's funny 'cause I have a ton of things wrong with me, Autism, OCD, BPD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression etc. and I wouldn't wish them on ANYONE. They're horrible, especially if you have more than one :( I can't even work because of it all.

Just chiming in to say that I have OCD as well and am not bothered by people using the term casually. I'm not saying that it's unreasonable to be upset by it, but I believe the main issue is lack of understanding when it comes to mental illnesses. Society should focus on destigmatizing disorders and educating people instead of controlling their speech.

wanting something to be a certain way is more or less just being nitpicky.
it's. not OCD. and. ADD is not related to OCD at all. I have ADD. it's not similar.
the OP chose their words poorly.
but this thread has also totally derailed.

Last edited:
I didn't know you could change the villagers music they play. Omg I'm going have every one play K.K. Steep hill now!!!!!! MWHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

this thread has also totally derailed.

Yea I went off on a tangent, sorry that was my bad lol
i guess this thread just reminded me of those "edgy" 13 year olds on creepypasta videos and that was always a pet peeve of mine on YouTube.

It's funny 'cause I have a ton of things wrong with me, Autism, OCD, BPD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression etc. and I wouldn't wish them on ANYONE. They're horrible, especially if you have more than one :( I can't even work because of it all.

God, I hear you. Aspergers, anxiety, depression, ocd, tricholillomania... They are not fun. I'm only just learning to venture out of my room and to have friends and I'm 23. Not something I'd give to others.

Anyway! To answer the original question, though it has already been answered numerous times, no that isn't ocd though you have already corrected yourself and went with the term 'nitpicky' instead. Not really nitpicky either, in my opinion, but it is a cool idea~ I didn't even know you could get villagers to change their songs!

i hate when people say "im bipolar!!" or "i'm ocd omg" they're mental illnesses that interfere with your life so don't over exaggerate

Last edited:
This thread tho

I didn't know you could change their songs either! How is this done? I'm sure just examining their record player tells you what's currently playing. I'm guessing you have to physically give them a new record for them to change it?

I don't mind switching up my villagers' furniture just a little bit, as long as the colour scheme or theme of the item fits with them. But ugly items? Shirts? I can't stand those in their homes.

I got OCD (it manifests itself in the shape of germophobia, which I theorize steams from my emetophobia.) I've worked over the major part (having to showering after being out in public. I would wash every part of me four times,) but still use germ-x after touching anything and absolutely refuse to do anything that can (will) put me in danger of getting the least bit sick. I also normally disinfect everything twice (like just five minutes apart) at least once every two weeks. Don't even get me started on what I do when someone so much as just coughs around me haha. I used to also have to lock locks until it sounded "perfect" (usually took 15+ times and I'd check every ten minutes.) I've started doing this with other things like turning on my fan, but it isn't too bad right now! I'm going soon to see a psychiatrist about getting my anxiety/depression officially diagnosed and getting put on medication, as by request from my therapist. Hopefully getting those things under control will make my OCD easier to control.

How do you change their music, though? I've sent my villagers music before and they never switch to it :(

This thread tho

I didn't know you could change their songs either! How is this done? I'm sure just examining their record player tells you what's currently playing. I'm guessing you have to physically give them a new record for them to change it?

I don't mind switching up my villagers' furniture just a little bit, as long as the colour scheme or theme of the item fits with them. But ugly items? Shirts? I can't stand those in their homes.

You send them a radio that has different music in it, then once they place that radio in their house, that music plays. I never tried it myself, but it sounds like something fun to mess with ^^

I struggle with OCD and have gotten pretty used to people using the term so casually that the people who correct them and get so bothered annoy me. Chill bros.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wish there was a way to make mine stop loving that ducky shirt ��

You can get them to stop wearing those default pro designs by changing those shirts into umbrellas in the clothing shop! You can usually get a villager to change their shirt if you send them 4-5 at a time in the mail.

You send them a radio that has different music in it, then once they place that radio in their house, that music plays. I never tried it myself, but it sounds like something fun to mess with ^^

Ah, thank you! I definitely need to try this at some point though I'm not sure whose music I'd change. Somehow Flurry got rid of her record player when she moved in so I didn't have to deal with her creepy taste in music for too long lol.

Ah, thank you! I definitely need to try this at some point though I'm not sure whose music I'd change. Somehow Flurry got rid of her record player when she moved in so I didn't have to deal with her creepy taste in music for too long lol.

No problem! I'll have to try it myself, too :p
Flurry has Hypno K.K right? Had to search for it on YT lol. God it sounds strange. I always thought it was creepy having no music playing when entering a villager's house, but listening to that track is probably worse.
(Is that Kratos in your sig btw???? Lovely <3)

No problem! I'll have to try it myself, too :p
Flurry has Hypno K.K right? Had to search for it on YT lol. God it sounds strange. I always thought it was creepy having no music playing when entering a villager's house, but listening to that track is probably worse.
(Is that Kratos in your sig btw???? Lovely <3)
Yeah I don't mind the silence that much. She has an automatic washer in her house so it gives a little background noise that's quite relaxing.

(And yes, it is! Husbando ahoy xD)

I struggle with OCD and have gotten pretty used to people using the term so casually that the people who correct them and get so bothered annoy me. Chill bros.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can get them to stop wearing those default pro designs by changing those shirts into umbrellas in the clothing shop! You can usually get a villager to change their shirt if you send them 4-5 at a time in the mail.

Thank you for this!

Back