• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

iPad

Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
I was never implying that it was, I was saying that it falls into the same product line as the iPhone and iPod touch. And was stating how the iPod line was moving twords getting progressively smaller, where the touchscreen lineup (which in all honesty is a spinoff of the iPod line, though the iPad moves away from that a bit more) is moving twords getting progressively bigger.
It's just common sense that a product with a touch screen should have a bigger screen. It provides more room to, you know, touch.
Yeah, but outside of the bigger screen theres no benefit to merit the purchase.

Unless I had a problem with my iPod Touch's screen size (which I personally never have had), then its my opinion that I dont need this product.

Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
I was never implying that it was, I was saying that it falls into the same product line as the iPhone and iPod touch. And was stating how the iPod line was moving twords getting progressively smaller, where the touchscreen lineup (which in all honesty is a spinoff of the iPod line, though the iPad moves away from that a bit more) is moving twords getting progressively bigger.
It's just common sense that a product with a touch screen should have a bigger screen. It provides more room to, you know, touch.

Unless I had a problem with my iPod Touch's screen size (which I personally never have had), then its my opinion that I dont need this product.
See, now you're talking about the iPad like it's an iPod touch. IT'S NOT. It's not a new iPod touch, it's a completely different product. Yes, it's vary similar to an iPod touch, but it was created for different uses and audiences in mind than the iPod. The iPad is more of a sit-at-home device that you pick up whenever you want to browse the web, watch a movie, read a book, etc. Unlike the iPod, which is meant for on-the-go.

I dont mean to come across as saying its a bad product, I know its not designed to be portable, its essentially supposed to be a sleeker, less versatile laptop with some unique apps and such.

For anyone who doesn't use a laptop to browse the internet, and doesnt mind the lack of a good word processor and things of that nature, yeah, its a neat little distraction.
Its just less practical than a laptop or something that can do almost all it can and more for essentially the same price model.

However if you've got the spare cash for it, it'd be a neat thing to have sitting on the coffee table in your house to just pick up when you want to do something quick with it.

Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:

See, now you're talking about the iPad like it's an iPod touch. IT'S NOT. It's not a new iPod touch, it's a completely different product. Yes, it's vary similar to an iPod touch, but it was created for different uses and audiences in mind than the iPod. The iPad is more of a sit-at-home device that you pick up whenever you want to browse the web, watch a movie, read a book, etc. Unlike the iPod, which is meant for on-the-go.
this is what i said a few pages back.

Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:

Lololol, the iPad is not a sit at home device at all. Why would ANYONE want to use an iPad at home which is limited in pretty much every aspect when everyone who has a iPad is bound to have a computer or laptop? :L

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:

Lololol, the iPad is not a sit at home device at all. Why would ANYONE want to use an iPad at home which is limited in pretty much every aspect when everyone who has a iPad is bound to have a computer or laptop? :L
Because it's not as big as a laptop? I even get sick of holding me laptop all the time. If I had an iPad, I'd definitely use it a lot at home. Of course, I'd also take it with me sometimes. It can be extremely useful for school, since you can have all your schoolbooks in it!

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deeptouch.

Because it's not as big as a laptop? I even get sick of holding me laptop all the time. If I had an iPad, I'd definitely use it a lot at home. Of course, I'd also take it with me sometimes. It can be extremely useful for school, since you can have all your schoolbooks in it!
Laptops come in various styles, and tablet laptops even essentially are what this is doing now, though this is a much more polished tablet.

All in all its a lot more show than practicality, I think your examples of watching a movie or reading a book or just standard web browsing fit it well (though I cant read books on screens, annoys me after a while). Its not as versatile as a laptop though as many games wont work on it aside from custom apps, many programs wont work, theres no word processing unit, or if there is its certainly not going to be as easy to use as a laptop.

Zephent said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Zephent said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deeptouch
Laptops come in various styles, and tablet laptops even essentially are what this is doing now, though this is a much more polished tablet.

All in all its a lot more show than practicality, I think your examples of watching a movie or reading a book or just standard web browsing fit it well (though I cant read books on screens, annoys me after a while). Its not as versatile as a laptop though as many games wont work on it aside from custom apps, many programs wont work, theres no word processing unit, or if there is its certainly not going to be as easy to use as a laptop.
There's no denying that it's not as versatile as a laptop is, but it's not trying to be a laptop. As much as I would've liked to see Apple release a true tablet computer, they didn't, but what we got isn't a bad thing. It may not be for everyone, but for the people who it is for it works extremely well.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Nevermore said:
..You said icountry twice and wouldn't istate be before icountry?
Nevermore said:
OJ. said:
Thunderstruck said:
OJ. said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
340x.jpg
2018, iPlanet
No, 2018 will be iCountry. 2020 will be iPlanet; we'll be the size of Saturn from all of the foods we eat.
Wrong.

It goes: iRoom, iStreet, iTown, iCounty, iState, iRegion, iCountry, iContinent, iHemisphere, iPlanet, iSolarSystem, iGalaxy, iUniverse, iNetherRealm, iSoul.

And then iFly, but no one will buy that because it sucks.
There is a difference between County and Country.

Jas0n said:
Ciaran said:
>>doesn't understand how Tye doesn't get fed up with everyone constantly arguing with him.
Because he is the great wall of china... x20.
Great brick wall of China, nothing can get through there unless he agrees with it 125%, anything else is an opinion, and we all know how Tye reacts around those.

And he can't accept when he's wrong, but that's a story for another day.

And also he smells.

Nevermore said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Nevermore said:
..You said icountry twice and wouldn't istate be before icountry?
Nevermore said:
OJ. said:
Thunderstruck said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
340x.jpg
No, 2018 will be iCountry. 2020 will be iPlanet; we'll be the size of Saturn from all of the foods we eat.
Wrong.

It goes: iRoom, iStreet, iTown, iCounty, iState, iRegion, iCountry, iContinent, iHemisphere, iPlanet, iSolarSystem, iGalaxy, iUniverse, iNetherRealm, iSoul.

And then iFly, but no one will buy that because it sucks.
There is a difference between County and Country.
Whoops my bad.

Didn't bother to read 14 pages.
Anyways, don't waste your money on it. It's clunky, functionless, and expensive. Do yourself a favor and just a buy a laptop.

Pear said:
Didn't bother to read 14 pages.
Anyways, don't waste your money on it. It's clunky, functionless, and expensive. Do yourself a favor and just a buy a laptop.
its not clunky, it looks very sleek, its not to be brought out of the house or anything like an ipod, its meant to be picked up and used to surf the web/watch movies and stuff, i think itd be kinda cool to have one. id much rather watch movies and check my youtube on the ipad than booting up my laptop to do it.

I bought one to see what the fuss was about, I pick it up on Saturday. If I don't like it, it can chill in my closet.

Nevermore said:
Miranda said:
I bought one to see what the fuss was about, I pick it up on Saturday. If I don't like it, it can chill in my closet.
Or eBay.
I will buy it for 300.
If I really don't like it, I'll probably just give it to one of my friends.

Back