• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon In a Pokemon game...

Actually, every game before B/W I've trained only my starter, pretty much. I usually had a backup or two, but mainly relied on starter and pokemon I recently caught to get me by. Then I had many legendaries on my team! However, on this game, I'm equally training a full team of six Pokemon which explains why it's taking me so long this time around, but it's much more rewarding. The lucky egg is really helpful, especially in the story line. Put it on, go against a huge group of trainers (mainly Plasma) and you can easily get a ton of level ups!

I always keep my Pokemon equally leveled, but I also over train them too.

I did this a lot in the earlier pokemon games and then they brought the share xp thing in x so I use that

I used to when I first played, but now I try and keep everyone 2/3 levels apart from one another.

Also, this is more suited for the Pokemon Center.

When I first played Pokemon Sapphire when I was aproximmately seven, I recall getting to the Pokemon League with a Level 70 or so Blaziken and a bunch of crappy route 101 Pokemon :p which I used as "shields" to heal Blaziken whenever he was killed xD And I ACTUALLY managed to beat the Champion!

My starters are normally a higher level, but it really only makes sense. It's the pokemon you've had the longest, right? I try to keep my team as even as possible, but one pokemon, normally my starter, is a higher level

yes i had a level 53 and a level 27 hahahaha

Bumped a 4 year old thread lol

No, never. Even back in the Red/Blue days. Yellow was not a problem either, even at the first Gym. Just catch a Nidoran, level it til it learns Double-Kick (Fighting Super Effective vs Rock) and you're good to go.

I always keep my team even, and it's usually a few levels over the area I'm running around in. When I get to a Gym Leader I'm typically 8-10 levels over their toughest Pokemon.

Back