[Important!] Dreamtown Stealing!!!

But tbh you can't compare this to real life stuff. Plus, wouldn't a book be copyrighted/you would have SOME evidence it was yours.

Elaborate. How would the concept not apply? Compare acnl to a book, yes. The words are the paths, pwps, rocks, etc, and the land is a page. We are not applying real life things, but concepts rather.

Even if it doesn't affect your game, you should still care. What if you written a book, then someone copied your book, took the credit, and got famous for it? Wouldn't you be upset about it? This is what the dream town thing is like.

Bruh, real life plagiarism comes with real life consequences. Because it is against the law. You can't expect everyone to hold the same precedent for user created content in a children's video game.

Animal Crossing immoral behavior cannot be compared to real life immoral behavior. It just can't. Stop.

Bruh, real life plagiarism comes with real life consequences. Because it is against the law. You can't expect everyone to hold the same precedent for user created content in a children's video game.

Animal Crossing immoral behavior cannot be compared to real life immoral behavior. It just can't. Stop.

Please do not tell her to stop when there are people getting offended by what is committed against them without their knowledge. Be it a child's video game, you still need to be more sensitive. She is only stating how it feels on the receiving end, not making you change your mind by forcing it down your throat.

I think that people who are going to act immoral (for example by stealing someone's town) in a game just because there won't be any consequences are ruining the fun part of the community and I probably wouldn't want anything to do with them. I get it that it's not like real-life theft and all but it's still a pretty ****ty thing to do. Just because you can do it and get away with it doesn't mean that you should.

Elaborate. How would the concept not apply? Compare acnl to a book, yes. The words are the paths, pwps, rocks, etc, and the land is a page. We are not applying real life things, but concepts rather.
It wouldn't apply because it's a faulty comparison. You can take steps to prevent a book from being stolen, but all you can do with a town is prevent from sharing your dream address in Club Tortimer even. With a book, you can get it copyrighted and still distribute it with no worry.

The concept of a book isn't a very good example at all.

It wouldn't apply because it's a faulty comparison. You can take steps to prevent a book from being stolen, but all you can do with a town is prevent from sharing your dream address in Club Tortimer even. With a book, you can get it copyrighted and still distribute it with no worry.

And the reason why we need such things in real life is because of people like you who think it's totally fine to copy something you didn't do and project it as your own. If you can't be responsible on a child's game, what more in real life when they're as ignorant and insensitive as you?

And the reason why we need such things in real life is because of people like you who think it's totally fine to copy something you didn't do and project it as your own. If you can't be responsible on a child's game, what more in real life when they're as ignorant and insensitive as you?

Listen, dude, calm the heck down. Where the hell did you see me say that it was fine? I said not to be butthurt about it. I'll let you know that you're being absolutely stupid right now. You base someone's entire personality over one opinion. honestly, do some research before you speak about someone, you hear?

Don't put words in my mouth. We can have a discussion without bringing up name calling, can't we?

I apologize for my... more vicious approach there. But what we want is not an argument, what we want is your understanding that there are people out there who would not want their dream towns reproduced. We're asking for some sensitivity because the amount of work they put into a town is near precious to them, they want to be respected. Please, understand that much.

I apologize for my... more vicious approach there. But what we want is not an argument, what we want is your understanding that there are people out there who would not want their dream towns reproduced. We're asking for some sensitivity because the amount of work they put into a town is near precious to them, they want to be respected. Please, understand that much.

I'm also kind of a fault here because I got really salty at that comment, sorry.

I wouldn't want my town reproduced either, but if you publish it, there is literally nothing you can do about it. Yes, I realize that everyone is different, but personally I think it's a bit stupid to whine about and complain something that can't be helped. I understand that people don't want their town reproduced, but geez, spare us the details about how much you hate this. We all hate it, but let's be honest: who has been seen with a stolen town?

Last edited:
I'm also kind of a fault here because I got really salty at that comment, sorry.

I wouldn't want my town reproduced either, but if you publish it, there is literally nothing you can do about it. Yes, I realize that everyone is different, but personally I think it's a bit stupid to whine about and complain something that can't be helped. I understand that people don't want their town reproduced, but geez, spare us the details about how much you hate this. We all hate it, but let's be honest: who has been seen with a stolen town?

Someone very close to me has witnessed someone with their town stolen, so the concept of this is close to home. Yes, if you publish it, there is no foolproof plan to keep it from being reproduced. But what we can do is report it and expose them. Thats what this thread is about. The whining I understand can be annoying, but they're just upset by it and need a way to vent, I'd grant them at least that much from what's happened to them. Once again, I'm so very sorry for what I said. I was very caught up in the moment.

Someone very close to me has witnessed someone with their town stolen, so the concept of this is close to home. Yes, if you publish it, there is no foolproof plan to keep it from being reproduced. But what we can do is report it and expose them. Thats what this thread is about. The whining I understand can be annoying, but they're just upset by it and need a way to vent, I'd grant them at least that much from what's happened to them. Once again, I'm so very sorry for what I said. I was very caught up in the moment.

My apologies to that person.

If I see someone with a stolen town I'd bet my last cookie I'd report it and find a way to spread the news, but it's basically impossible to tell unless you've got proof of the past. It'd require looking into almost every single dream address, and every single person who has social media or anything. There is no surefire way to accuse someone of stealing without dedication and hours of work.

Please do not tell her to stop when there are people getting offended by what is committed against them without their knowledge. Be it a child's video game, you still need to be more sensitive. She is only stating how it feels on the receiving end, not making you change your mind by forcing it down your throat.

Now that's the point here. Even if you can't set up a legal battle over what's made in a video game, it's still just as bad to do such a thing. People work hard to make user-generated content (like the dream towns in ACNL), and if people steal their work and get the credit for it, the original creator would be upset about it since he/she made the town, and she doesn't get any credit at all. This is wasted work.

Even if my town isn't protected from theft, I don't share my dream town on tumblr. And since I blog a lot about my town, people will know that I am the original creator of my town. I'm even re-blogging about it on my site. So I'm unprotected (like everyone), but thieves won't get what they want from my town.

The other big deal about dream town theft is that they're using an unauthorized and external device to steal the town. The same device they're using is also known for ruining ACNL in other ways, as the same company (Datel) made other devices that ruined the previous games.

Now that's the point here. Even if you can't set up a legal battle over what's made in a video game, it's still just as bad to do such a thing. People work hard to make user-generated content (like the dream towns in ACNL), and if people steal their work and get the credit for it, the original creator would be upset about it since he/she made the town, and she doesn't get any credit at all. This is wasted work.

Even if my town isn't protected from theft, I don't share my dream town on tumblr. And since I blog a lot about my town, people will know that I am the original creator of my town. I'm even re-blogging about it on my site. So I'm unprotected (like everyone), but thieves won't get what they want from my town.

The other big deal about dream town theft is that they're using an unauthorized and external device to steal the town. The same device they're using is also known for ruining ACNL in other ways, as the same company (Datel) made other devices that ruined the previous games.
That is some flawed logic right there. You cannot compare legal battles to getting your video game work stolen. Honestly, at this point, I'm not trying to use real life instances and you probably shouldn't either with these examples your coming up with. I can't tell you what to do though.

Posting it and having evidence that it's yours is basically protection from theft.

Last edited:
Actually, external devices aren't involved in copying dream towns at all. It's all done through the browser and SD card.

Actually, external devices aren't involved in copying dream towns at all. It's all done through the browser and SD card.

Oh really, I thought they were using powersaves. But whatever the deal is here, just don't do it.

Also, I'm not comparing to say that you make money off of your dream town (well, you can't). I'm just explaining the emotional effects.

Oh really, I thought they were using powersaves. But whatever the deal is here, just don't do it.

Also, I'm not comparing to say that you make money off of your dream town (well, you can't). I'm just explaining the emotional effects.

But still, I doubt someone would srsly feel like this was like a legal battle.

Oh really, I thought they were using powersaves.

powersaves only give you money and items lmao. these hacks change ur town (and also give money and items but items you cant even get with powersaves like the house exterior samples from nooks as movable furniture)

powersaves only give you money and items lmao. these hacks change ur town (and also give money and items but items you cant even get with powersaves like the house exterior samples from nooks as movable furniture)

IO powersaves is pointless

I wouldn't really hold responsible the people who publish their towns. Until this, the only other way to copy a dream town would be for the person copying it to find all the items on their own and find a way to get everything set up exactly like the town they visited. Most people probably didn't know that their towns could be copied square by square without a lot of work involved on the other person's part, not only in getting the items but getting stuff like the map and native fruit and building exteriors and everything else just right.

I just personally don't think it's actually possible to steal someone's dreamtown. Like, how about some proof before spreading something like this? Like, someone needs to post some proof of this happening. Taking people's word for it, isn't going to help anything, it'll just cause unneeded drama. So, I think there should be some proof before we all get huffy and puffy about it.

Back