Imbri's Dolls

i LOVE pullip dolls. i remember when i was young, i'd see lots of lolitas match their pullip dolls to their outfits and it always gave me a soft spot for them. yours are super, super cute!

i LOVE pullip dolls. i remember when i was young, i'd see lots of lolitas match their pullip dolls to their outfits and it always gave me a soft spot for them. yours are super, super cute!
Thank you! I have other Pullip dolls who stay in their stock outfits and are 'shelf queens', but these four are my girls who get regular outfit changes. Both are fun. :)

Tumblr_l_87191779872741.jpg

Speaking of outfits, these arrived today. These are my Smart Dolls. Valerie is a Relentless model in the cocoa skin tone and Leontyne is a Prowess in interstellar blue. They are among my biggest dolls (60cm/24 inches tall), and definitely fun to dress up.

I just realized I haven't posted my most special doll.
Last June (2021), we lost my mother unexpectedly. She was my best friend and my biggest cheerleader in everything, including my doll collection. I wanted to do some sort of tribute doll for her, but it had to be just right, so it took a while.

I ended up using Barbie dolls. I don't have talent in painting, so I scoured the 'net for a face that was close. Then I used a Made to Move body, so it had articulation. The next step was to find clothes and a wig. This is the picture I used for inspiration:
Tumblr_l_226577961543787.jpg

And here is the completed doll. She sits on my mantel. That way, she's always with me and I can talk to her at home.
Tumblr_l_226571308430117.jpg

I still want to paint her nails, and I need to have a friend repaint the eye color. Then I can change outfits and not keep her in sunglasses.

She would have laughed over this, then stopped and said, "It's kind of cool."

Last edited:
Last June (2021), we lost my mother unexpectedly. She was my best friend and my biggest cheerleader in everything, including my doll collection. I wanted to do some sort of tribute doll for her, but it had to be just right, so it took a while.

I ended up using Barbie dolls. I don't have talent in painting, so I scoured the 'net for a face that was close. Then I used a Made to Move body, so it had articulation. The next step was to find clothes and a wig. This is the picture I used for inspiration:
View attachment 453732
And here is the completed doll. She sits on my mantel. That way, she's always with me and I can talk to her at home.
View attachment 453733
I still want to paint her nails, and I need to have a friend repaint the eye color. Then I can change outfits and not keep her in sunglasses.

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! Your mom has a resemblance to my mom who died back in 2011. I too was very close with my mom so seeing this made my heart happy. I hope time is being kind to you! It’s not easy, but it does get better and it does somewhat heal. You never really stop grieving someone so close to you, but eventually you start remembering good times and good memories opposed to the loss. I hope peace is on your side💕

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! Your mom has a resemblance to my mom who died back in 2011. I too was very close with my mom so seeing this made my heart happy. I hope time is being kind to you! It’s not easy, but it does get better and it does somewhat heal. You never really stop grieving someone so close to you, but eventually you start remembering good times and good memories opposed to the loss. I hope peace is on your side💕
Thank you so much! I'm sorry for your loss, as well.

I do still have my teary moments, but (and it may sound silly) because I talk to her all the time, either in my head or out loud (at home), it feels like she's still here. And in a way, I'm still sharing memories.

I don't usually visit the museum but I feel so lucky that I saw this from the main page. As a fellow doll collector, I love all the work you've put into them and the creative photos. All of my dolls have names and personalities in my head, but I've never thought to do anything like this. It's amazing!

I could have loved every photo but I didn't want to spam you.

The tribute doll for your mom is so sweet and it looks great. I'm glad that you found a way to honor her.

Your dolls look incredible!! I don't really know anything about collecting dolls, but they're for sure super adorable and in great shape as well, the photos are delightful to look at ☺️
And I'm a big fan of the doll tribute you made for your mom, very creative and very personal as well 💖

View attachment 453732
View attachment 453733

this is genuinely one of the most creative and beautiful tributes i’ve ever seen. your mom was absolutely beautiful, and the doll replica of her is as well. 💙 this is so lovely, thank you for sharing.

Thank you for all the lovely things said about my Mom's doll; it means a lot. 💖

I received a new little doll yesterday. She's from a brand called Penny's Box, and they are sold as blind boxes. She's a strung bjd, but made of ABS rather than resin, which I prefer.

20220907_105312.jpg

I decided to name her Responsible, partly after a book character I liked and also because she's a cow girl and I'm a Taurus, so went looking at traits. :)

I managed to track down two Pullip dolls I've been wanting for a long time, and they both came a few days ago. I was off yesterday, so I unboxed them.

20221013_120422.jpg

This is Holly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I've been looking for her for some time, mostly for her wardrobe. She also has a pair of sunglasses, but the glue dried up and the lenses fell out, so I have to fix that. The doll itself is not in the best condition (age and the body they used then was floppy). She's been in the box, and in that dress, for 14 years, so there is a lot of staining, but the clothes and her wig are in excellent shape, so I plan to take those, toss the body, and give the head to my friend for faceup practice. I got her very inexpensively, so I am okay with that.

20221013_123239.jpg

This is the other doll, and the one I have wanted since I started collecting this line. She is, of course, Sabrina Fairchild from Sabrina. This is my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie, and the dress is so gorgeous! The embroidery is simplified, but it is a rather good recreation of the movie gown. She also comes with a red cocktail dress/gloves that I believe are meant to be from a date with Humphrey Bogart's character (although I'm pretty sure the dress in the movie is actually black). The only complaint I have is that her shoes are a bit big, but I will get some stockings and that will fix that.

I plan to make the Audrey my display doll. She will get the Holly outfit, as well as the Princess Ann/Anya clothes/wig from my Roman Holiday doll. That one is going to donate her body to Tabitha (who has a broken wrist and bad knee), and I will keep her head as a spare.

I'm also going to look around and see if I can find outfits from other movies. I know Mattel made several Barbies for My Fair Lady, and the clothes will fit, although the hats will not. But I can work around that. I'll also give her plenty of clothes from my favorite Etsy shop, so she can display as Audrey or one of her roles. It'll be like getting four or more dolls in one.

20221008_213858.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot! Leontyne got a new wig! This one works much better for the fae child look I'm going for with her, don't you think?

Last edited:
I picked up another Penny's Box doll. This time, I got the little bear girl. Meet Precious.

20221018_084923.jpg

These little blind box dolls are really addictive. There's a new series of Penny's Box that I am looking at, as well as another brand by Simon. I foresee several of these cuties joining the ranks.

Nice dolls! I collect dolls as well with a special focus on the Lol Surprise OMG dolls, older Barbie’s before Mattel greatly cheapened the line, and limited edition porcelain dolls that were originally sold on QVC during the 80s and 90s.

If I was allowed to buy Dolls I’d buy Harry Potter ones but my mum won’t let me. Maybe I’ll ask my Auntie if she can make me one for my birthday

Nice dolls! I collect dolls as well with a special focus on the Lol Surprise OMG dolls, older Barbie’s before Mattel greatly cheapened the line, and limited edition porcelain dolls that were originally sold on QVC during the 80s and 90s.
Thank you! I have a couple of older Barbie dolls I'm fixing the hair on - a Sunset Malibu PJ, an original Skipper, and an original Skooter. I'm also hunting for a Fashion Queen Barbie. I had one when I was little, but it got misplaced during various moves.

Your collection sounds fun!

@Sophie23 handmade dolls are the best! I hope your aunt can make one.

Thank you! I have a couple of older Barbie dolls I'm fixing the hair on - a Sunset Malibu PJ, an original Skipper, and an original Skooter. I'm also hunting for a Fashion Queen Barbie. I had one when I was little, but it got misplaced during various moves.

Your collection sounds fun!
Thanks! One of my favorite dolls in my collection is a limited edition porcelain musical duck doll. Not too many people can say that they have a porcelain duck doll.

oh my, I love your dolls!
I recently got into BJD myself, but since I got him blank I haven't get to sew his clothes or do his faceup yet 😅

Attachments

• 20230320_095900.jpg
    20230320_095900.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7
Back