• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm sorry but,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is wild, the tone reminds me of forums I used to be on back in like 2007. Classic content flavor!

I don't have any opinion really on Raymond or his popularity (I like to giggle at his overprotective stans as much as the next person), but what I do have an opinion on is the fact that the word "tr*p" has been used a few times in this thread when the subject of putting characters in dresses has come up. Not to inject seriousness into this unserious discussion, but I do take the use of that word seriously since it's a harmful slur describing a concept that literally gets trans people killed. This isn't the only thread on this forum where I've seen it used (usually specifically in the context of putting Raymond in a dress) and tbh it's the part of the Raymond Discourse I find the most disturbing. It would be cool if people wouldn't use it even if they're "just joking around". Thus end my Raymond-related thoughts!

1b12315f893e1f280255cfa1300fdd846a610100.gif

This thread is wild, the tone reminds me of forums I used to be on back in like 2007. Classic content flavor!

I don't have any opinion really on Raymond or his popularity (I like to giggle at his overprotective stans as much as the next person), but what I do have an opinion on is the fact that the word "tr*p" has been used a few times in this thread when the subject of putting characters in dresses has come up. Not to inject seriousness into this unserious discussion, but I do take the use of that word seriously since it's a harmful slur describing a concept that literally gets trans people killed. This isn't the only thread on this forum where I've seen it used (usually specifically in the context of putting Raymond in a dress) and tbh it's the part of the Raymond Discourse I find the most disturbing. It would be cool if people wouldn't use it even if they're "just joking around". Thus end my Raymond-related thoughts!

Yeah this discussion often hovered over thinly veiled homophobia, but I find it best to not even pay attention to this kind of implication. 😳

Yeah this discussion often hovered over thinly veiled homophobia, but I find it best to not even pay attention to this kind of implication. 😳
For some reason a lot of these Raymond threads seem to go the same way 😬 there's probably a good topic for a thesis paper in there somewhere!

For me though, I find it hard to not pay attention to these types of implications, and when I see language like this used I always want to call it out. Not necessarily to drag the person who's using it -- they might not be doing it maliciously so explaining the fact that their language choices have homophobic/transphobic implications may actually cause them to realize the impact of the language they're using and not use it again in the future! That's my hope anyway 😵

Can't decide what is worse: the threads where people talk about how they hate Raymond or the threads about people talking about how they're going crazy after Raymond.

For some reason a lot of these Raymond threads seem to go the same way 😬 there's probably a good topic for a thesis paper in there somewhere!

For me though, I find it hard to not pay attention to these types of implications, and when I see language like this used I always want to call it out. Not necessarily to drag the person who's using it -- they might not be doing it maliciously so explaining the fact that their language choices have homophobic/transphobic implications may actually cause them to realize the impact of the language they're using and not use it again in the future! That's my hope anyway 😵

Tbh I don't think it was meant that way, but more in the essence anime pop culture has coined the term to describe it for the kink (which doesn't make it any better, just gives insight that it might not be malicious and more just plain ignorance.) Fujoshis are A W F U L for propagating it as a valid kink term as well and just... Intensifying things, I shall say.

Doesn't make it right and I hate fujoshis anyways kek

Can't decide what is worse: the threads where people talk about how they hate Raymond or the threads about people talking about how they're going crazy after Raymond.
they’re both equal tbh

Reactions: Raz

Same. But I think OP didn't mean anything by it, they just didn't voice their opinion in the best way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back