• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

I'm sorry but,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean was the use of the word "trap" that mean? I tried to use that instead of twink or tranny. I know what words are good and bad.

I'm assuming you're a minor/don't know the weight of those words, but both trap and tranny are derogatory slurs, and their use has a violent history behind them. In both alt-right and anime-fan online spaces the words are used, with a range of good and bad intentions. The bottom line is, outside of these communities, these words are hurtful, and even though someone might be using that word //thinking that it is the accurate descriptor of the person or character they're talking about//, trans folk and the queer community, and allies, don't use it at all.

They're both slurs.

Making this now LOL
I actually went afk but uh I did the thing

776bfc9c84.png

731b323dbf.png

4f988a1fb9.png

I know this post is bumping it but it seems to have gotten awkward in here so we should just let the thread die

Uh.. I'm not homophobic. I have my fair share of gay friends. Hecc my best irl is bi. I was bi as well. I hope you guys don't think I'm homophobic..I mean my favourite anime character is Felix Argyle from Re:Zero. Andtbhallmyocsaregay.
I mean was the use of the word "trap" that mean? I tried to use that instead of twink or tranny. I know what words are good and bad.
hi okay so! i just want to state for the record that i'm not accusing you of being a homophobe, but since you seem genuinely curious about this, yes, you should know that word "tr*p" is in fact, a pretty heinous word to use (as is tr**ny). it's certainly not a synonym for twink (which is not a slur). i'm not sure what's appropriate or not to discuss on this forum, but i'm happy to PM with you (or anyone else who's curious) about what the word implies and its very serious and hurtful meaning for trans people, but the wiki page that @queentylerqueen posted above is a good start if you're looking to learn.

all in all, it seems like there are folks in this thread (including the op) who legitimately did not know that they were using a slur. i'm not trying to drag those people or call them out, my point in making my post was exactly so that if people didn't know, then they could learn and not use it again (and not inadvertently hurt/offend people in the future)!

also not to be that person but my point here was not to start "drama", and it's kind of odd to me that some of y'all are reacting like this thread is now going to snowball out of control into unpleasantness. the language we all use has impact, and there are people in here who are learning about an impact of their language they didn't know about. it's all good. i'm happy to stop posting here though if mods agree this should be taken to DMs.

Last edited:
okay jesus i'll choose my words more carefully. I'mma just stick to my anime community I guess

nobody was trying to chase you out by pointing out the meaning of your words. simply trying to help you understand the weight behind a term you did not know you were misusing. people just want you to learn from this, that's all.

Well staff just can't lock threads on their own, they need to know about it, which nobody told them...

okay jesus i'll choose my words more carefully. I'mma just stick to my anime community I guess

Please don't take our attitude as an attack towards you, it's always nice to see someone willing to understand something they don't. Lots of people would just double down on the insults and trolling.

i feel weird about liking him now...
i thought he was cool because he looks like my boyfriend and is a kitty, but all this fighting and drama is making my feelings complicated.

please don't let people's silly opinions about the pixel cat change how you feel about him! there's really nothing wrong with liking raymond :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back