• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

I'm sorry but,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I don't think it was meant that way, but more in the essence anime pop culture has coined the term to describe it for the kink (which doesn't make it any better, just gives insight that it might not be malicious and more just plain ignorance.) Fujoshis are A W F U L for propagating it as a valid kink term as well and just... Intensifying things, I shall say.

Doesn't make it right and I hate fujoshis anyways kek
regardless of the intention, trap is a slur and reflects the mentality of the trans panic defense, which has been used to justify the killing of trans women in the courtroom

But understandably we're gonna run out of stuff to talk about eventually here anyway, and forum discussion is all about opinions so... sorry you got blasted like this

This is a good point, and something I've been thinking about the last couple weeks. It kinda seems like we already reached that point. Look at all the different (yet the same) threads we see everyday talking about the same things over and over... Or threads that are basically rehashes of discussions we had a month ago, like "preferred villagers", "favorite species" and things like that.

It kinda looks like there's not a lot to discuss lately, and people are simply creating the same threads over and over.

Uh.. I'm not homophobic. I have my fair share of gay friends. Hecc my best irl is bi. I was bi as well. I hope you guys don't think I'm homophobic..I mean my favourite anime character is Felix Argyle from Re:Zero. Andtbhallmyocsaregay.

Tbh I don't think it was meant that way, but more in the essence anime pop culture has coined the term to describe it for the kink (which doesn't make it any better, just gives insight that it might not be malicious and more just plain ignorance.) Fujoshis are A W F U L for propagating it as a valid kink term as well and just... Intensifying things, I shall say.

Doesn't make it right and I hate fujoshis anyways kek
I understand and I get what you're saying, and that's why I'm not trying to demonize the people here who are using it. I get that the term has been co-opted and now has a context that people in certain uhhhh sections of Online view as being "removed from bigotry", so it's possible people who use it don't understand the actual harmful meaning/bigotry behind it. But that being said I still have an absolutely zero-tolerance feeling towards the use of tr*p or any other slur. Unless it's yours to reclaim (and as a non-cis person, I'd argue that attempting to reclaim "tr*p" is very thorny for a lot of reasons), you just shouldn't use it, ever, regardless of your intent.

I mean was the use of the word "trap" that mean? I tried to use that instead of twink or tranny. I know what words are good and bad.

Yeah, but TC is taking that too literally.
Honestly, I think most who creates these threads are doing the same haha.

I mean, fine, it's ok if someone have strong opinions on video game characters. I only see how this can negatively affect the forum, as these threads never go anywhere and just cause clutter (which is the main reason I asked the mods to create one thread to centralize all the discussions about people going after their favorite villagers on mystery islands, as they were popping up from left to right and added nothing to the forum).

For what it's worth and to weigh in on this discussion, I use the term trap reasonably often weekly - quite often my players will wander through the dungeon and miss a telltale sign and BAM, one of them falls into a trap. Pit falls are remarkably common for those not treading lightly eh?

1589510238903.png

Fun chat friends~
LOVED the Raymond memes​

Uh.. I'm not homophobic. I have my fair share of gay friends. Hecc my best irl is bi. I was bi as well. I hope you guys don't think I'm homophobic..I mean my favourite anime character is Felix Argyle from Re:Zero. Andtbhallmyocsaregay.

I mean, it's kinda weird how you talked about the gay aspect of the Raymond fandom, but it's alright. It was clearly more about the sexual stuff than anything else. 😊

We don't really need to discuss your behaviour anyway, but it's clear that you don't have a lot of experience about these topics. And that's okay! We could all cringe at our past selves, just think about our comments and what they mean to us. 🙂

For what it's worth and to weigh in on this discussion, I use the term trap reasonably often weekly - quite often my players will wander through the dungeon and miss a telltale sign and BAM, one of them falls into a trap. Pit falls are remarkably common for those not treading lightly eh?
I didn't actually know that trap was a slur. The more you know. The anime community uses it super often so I assumed it was fine.

I mean, it's kinda weird how you talked about the gay aspect of the Raymond fandom, but it's alright. It was clearly more about the sexual stuff than anything else. 😊

We don't really need to discuss your behaviour anyway, but it's clear that you don't have a lot of experience about these topics. And that's okay! We could all cringe at our past selves, just think about our comments and what they mean to us. 🙂
I just..I guess my opinion came out wrong..
I didn't actually know that trap was a slur. The more you know. The anime community uses it super often so I assumed it was fine.
I always used the word too. I mean as a weeb I assumed it was okay. I didn't know it was a slur. I didn't realize it was a touchy word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back