• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I'M SICK OF THIS!

Smash Genesis said:
Okay, you know what? I am sick of the elitist "wii sucksors casul gem3rs phail" nonsense. I understand if you don't realize this, but you don't HAVE to play casual games. Contrary to popular belief, the Wii is in no shortage of core games.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Grandma touched the controller! She used it to play - oh my gawsh - MySims!" Yeah, get over it. Just because someone plays a casual game on your system, doesn't mean you have to.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Nintendo is an evil, penny-pinching, cold hearted corporate entity! All they want is my money! The fiends!!" Hey, uh, I hate to break it to you, but they're a company. OF COURSE they're in it primarily for the money. That doesn't mean the developers don't want you to have a good time, but someone has to put food on the table.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 The Wii's graphiks SUCK!" Your point? There are Wii games that look good. A lot of developers are just too lazy to utilize the systems.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Freind codes r tedios to enter in my syst3m! The online phails!" In that case, don't play online. Seriously, its not that bad. Or would you rather five-year olds meet up with rapists online? I didn't think so.

Nintendo hasn't abandoned us, guys. They're just experimenting. And it's not like we don't have anything to look forward to. Besides, I don't really Nintendo is going to abandon us completely. Our wallets are too big.
I agree, although some of the games you listed might be a little sub-par, but I agree with your point. And SMG2 is going to rock!

Okay, you know what? I am sick of the elitist "wii sucksors casul gem3rs phail" nonsense. I understand if you don't realize this, but you don't HAVE to play casual games. Contrary to popular belief, the Wii is in no shortage of core games.
They're all mediocre, for kids, or tainted with anime crap.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Grandma touched the controller! She used it to play - oh my gawsh - MySims!" Yeah, get over it. Just because someone plays a casual game on your system, doesn't mean you have to.
True.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Nintendo is an evil, penny-pinching, cold hearted corporate entity! All they want is my money! The fiends!!" Hey, uh, I hate to break it to you, but they're a company. OF COURSE they're in it primarily for the money. That doesn't mean the developers don't want you to have a good time, but someone has to put food on the table.

Also true, however, it's not a good business strategy to alienate your long time fans.
"BUT WAIT!111!11 The Wii's graphiks SUCK!" Your point? There are Wii games that look good. A lot of developers are just too lazy to utilize the systems.
Err, no. Actually they don't. Super Mario Galaxy, while toted as having good graphics, does not reach the level of shovelware graphics on other systems.

"BUT WAIT!111!11 Freind codes r tedios to enter in my syst3m! The online phails!" In that case, don't play online. Seriously, its not that bad. Or would you rather five-year olds meet up with rapists online? I didn't think so.
That's happened to how many people through online gaming... 3? Car crashes kill thousands of people every year, does that mean cars are bad? Wait wait wait, I think I've had a revelation. How about parents actually monitor what their kids are doing online like good parents should? Oh my god, what a great new concept! And online gaming is the core part of most games now. Most games only have a 4-8 hour story, and the meat of the game is multiplayer. I shouldn't have to jump through archaic hoops to play a game online.

Nintendo hasn't abandoned us, guys. They're just experimenting. And it's not like we don't have anything to look forward to. Besides, I don't really Nintendo is going to abandon us completely. Our wallets are too big.
Ok, so Nintendo's redoing a 30 year old game, incorporating slick and beautiful 10 year old graphics? Original idea. Almost as original as NSBW.

The first galaxy was pretty meh. I got halfway through and gave up because of how repetitive and sugar coated it was.

Another Wii-hate defense thread still filled with trolls?

...No system is perfect. All have flaws.

360 is only for teenagers/young adults where they enjoy busting guts and blowing people's heads off.

PS3 is similar, but has a mix of other games and has variety (somewhat).

Wii is opposite of 360.

And... the term Hardcore gamer is overused. It's a misconception these days. Hardcore games aren't ones of a particular genre. They usually are directed for the 12-28 age group... but seriously, stop using this term. If you say you are a hardcore gamer, you aren't. 75% of the posters in this thread are just "gamers".

Now quit the bashing.

PieDisliker said:
Another Wii-hate defense thread still filled with trolls?

...No system is perfect. All have flaws.

360 is only for teenagers/young adults where they enjoy busting guts and blowing people's heads off.

PS3 is similar, but has a mix of other games and has variety (somewhat).

Wii is opposite of 360.

And... the term Hardcore gamer is overused. It's a misconception these days. Hardcore games aren't ones of a particular genre. They usually are directed for the 12-28 age group... but seriously, stop using this term. If you say you are a hardcore gamer, you aren't. 75% of the posters in this thread are just "gamers".

Now quit the bashing.
PS3 is the common ground. It has your action packed shooters such as CoD and MAG, and it has your awesome games that aren't shooters like LBP.

@Pear: You make mostly good points, however: Because a game is aimed at children does not make it inherently awful, or unappealing to adults. (The entire Mario series is proof of this.) Secondly, I did not say that online gaming was inherently bad. I'm just saying that Nintendo is trying to prevent incidents like child rape. And yes, parents should monitor what their kids play beyond the ESRB rating, but many don't, and when something like that happens, the default reaction for many is to blame the company instead of taking responsibility. Nintendo is merely trying to eliminate liability. Also, I apologize for my ignorance regarding Other M. I was not interested in Metroid before this title, and thus had no way of knowing it was a remake. (By the way, how could you have played the opening galaxy in SMG2 if it isn't out yet?) Lastly, I LOVE your avatar and title. That is one of my favorite Spongebob episodes.

Smash Genesis said:
@Pear: You make mostly good points, however: Because a game is aimed at children does not make it inherently awful, or unappealing to adults. (The entire Mario series is proof of this.) Secondly, I did not say that online gaming was inherently bad. I'm just saying that Nintendo is trying to prevent incidents like child rape. And yes, parents should monitor what their kids play beyond the ESRB rating, but many don't, and when something like that happens, the default reaction for many is to blame the company instead of taking responsibility. Nintendo is merely trying to eliminate liability. Also, I apologize for my ignorance regarding Other M. I was not interested in Metroid before this title, and thus had no way of knowing it was a remake. (By the way, how could you have played the opening galaxy in SMG2 if it isn't out yet?) Lastly, I LOVE your avatar and title. That is one of my favorite Spongebob episodes.
True, a game isn't necessarily bad because it's aimed at kids. I liked Animal Crossing, Viva Pinata, Pokemon, and Harvest Moon. I'm just saying that it gets kind of annoying in an overdose.

I know what you mean about online, and I do agree that they need to try to prevent child abuse. However, I think there are better ways to do it. To make an Xbox Live account, you need to give your birthday. If you're under 16, you need to have your parents give their credit card info to prove that they approve of the account. If you're over 16, you need to give credit card info to prove that that's your age. If a child account is made, the parent sets a password. They can then enter their password to change parental settings. For instance, my little brother can't use a mic, message players that aren't friends, accept friend requests without parental consent, and download/play games/movies rated above T or PG-13. Where as I can do all that, being older. That's how parental controls should work ideally, imo.

And I was talking about SMG, the original game, not the first chapter in the second one. :p
Sorry for coming across as a rooster in my first post. I was in a bad mood in real life, and it all slipped out. :p

Oh my god, first wall of text post! :DDDD

Let's look at gaming standards with a proper understanding, hmm?

Wii's mostly casual, but has some really hard core games (I won't list them, but those who play them, know this anyhow). In terms of an age group, they're like kids: Most of them aren't all that developed in certain aspects, but a few have a maturity level beyond the norm for them.

Now, I don't play Sony or Microsoft platforms, but I've heard a bit that helps the next description.

Playstations come in so many different varieties, it's almost difficult to keep up with their trends. Some of the most hardcore games on that level were once owned by another company; but after they parted way, most that might have stayed with one company if this didn't happen, moved with Sony. This is much like teenagers to young adults if you look at it.

X-BOX has me thinking: Hardcore or Extreme? The few games that are too low-standard to some are dwarfed even further by the most insane games that makes me wish I had the means to switch sides (I like Nintendo, so that may not happen). They attract so many demographics, they can get some gamers started from the simple stuff to the complex. These are like Adults and up.

This may not be 100% accurate, but try looking into the way game platforms are perceived with this view and you might notice a few things I didn't.

Smash Genesis said:

True that, because my bro plays mainly retro games.

Back