If you were going to make an island of all one villager personality...

I would literally die on an all jock island I don't think I could handle being the laziest one there. I could handle an all cranky island or an all normal island. I don't like species repeats so I won't allow for any of those on my hypothetical islands even though it's all personality repeats.

Cranky: ❤Peewee ❤Static ❤Tom ❤Grizzly ❤Hamphrey ❤Apollo ❤Murphy ❤Dobie ❤Roscoe ❤Rolf (or maybe Cyd)

Normal: ❤Melba ❤Bea ❤Lily ❤Flurry ❤Poppy ❤Tia ❤Vesta ❤Molly ❤Merengue ❤Maple

Oh! This is interesting to think about! I think it would be either Snooty, Normal, Smug, or Jock for me. Peppy is too overwhelming when you have more than two (even though I love them). I can't handle more than two lazies for some reason (never could). And as much as I love the Crankies, they are just a little bit too "what in the tarnashion, dag gumbit?" for me in this game so I don't think I could handle a full group of ten. I would go as high as four of them at the same time though.

So my winning personality lists would be (in no particular order):

SnootyNormalSmugJock
VelmaChevreBeardoRory
AnkhaNanColtonPierce
DianaKikiJulianMott
JudyLilyEugeneKid Cat
MoniqueLollyLionelDrift
OliviaMerengueOlafFrobert
PortiaStellaZellBud
TiffanySylvanaLeopoldBoots
VivianTiaCurlosFlip
TimbraNormaRaymondDom

Ugh! I need at least 15 villagers for Normal. That was so hard to narrow down! As much as I love the snooty designs, the normal designs really hit it out of the park. I also really enjoy Jocks in this game, but they are some of my least favorite designs of the bunch.

Definitely cranky:
I would go with:

Roscoe (current resident)

Curt (current resident)

Hamphrey (planning on possibly moving to town)

Hopper (planning on possibly moving to town)

Dobie

Rasher

Walt

Wart Jr. (just a random thought though....where’s Wart Sr.?)

Vic

Spike

These are my picks! I love cranky villagers!
How I wish they had cranky girls.

If NH was like New Leaf and I could buy multiple copies for multiple towns/islands, I'd have one Cranky, Peppy, Normal and Lazy.
However since I can't, I have had this urge recently to own every wolf villager because they're awesome but most are Cranky which isn't a bad thing since Cranky are one of my faves, always have been. They maybe rude in the beginning but once you get to know them, they're really sweet and like big brothers usually or dad figures. Don't like how NH made them into old men/grandpas talking about backs hurting because most look pretty young but that's another arugment for another day.

I don't think I could handle an island full of Peppies, Normals and Lazies, but the rest are okay.

Cranky
Jock
Smug
Snooty
Sisterly
1. Apollo
2. Cyrano
3. Ike
4. Rasher
5. Wolfgang
6. Walt
7. Static
8. Tom
9. Gaston
10. Vic
1. Bam​
2. Teddy
3. Goose
4. Kevin
5. Mott
6. Snake
7. Cobb
8. Drift
9. Sheldon
10. Sly
1. Eugene
2. Jacques
3. Keaton
4. Leopold
5. Raymond
6. Zell
7. Colton
8. Beardo
9. Hans
10. Marshal
1. Whitney
2. Diana
3. Olivia
4. Judy
5. Francine
6. Miranda
7. Queenie
8. Willow
9. Yuka
10. Portia
1. Fuchsia
2. Mira
3. Agnes
4. Cherry
5. Diva
6. Phoebe
7. Shari
8. Tammy
9. Sylvia
10. Paula/Ursala

Normal would be the most tolerable dialogue I think. For an all normal villager island, I would choose: Maple, Merengue, Fauna, Lolly, Molly, Kiki, Ava, Ellie, Lily, Pekoe 💜

Cranky allllll the way. Close second would be normal, but I love my cranky old men so so much 🥺

1. Butch
2. Dobie
3. Wolfgang
4. Chief
5. Bruce
6. Lobo
7. Roscoe
8. Static
9. Walt
10. Octavian

I would probably pick cranky. As much as I like the peppy and lazy villagers, I can't handle a full island with them only. Snooty, smug and sisterly are fine and would work too, normal however would be too boring for me. Not sure about jock, as I'm not a huge sports fan and most of the jock villagers aren't really appealing to me from their design.

The cranky villagers I would pick are:

- Rolf
- Chief
- Roscoe
- Octavian
- Static
- Hopper
- Apollo
- Bruce
- Cyd
- Kabuki

Crankies I would also maybe pick: Elvis, Chow, Avery, Dobie, Lobo, Gaston, Hamphrey, Vladimir.

I'd either go Cranky or Jock. But I have lots of faves with Lazy and Smug too.

Cranky - Rolf, Buzz, Lobo, Dobie, Elvis, Curt, Apollo, Murphy, Kabuki, Static

Jock - Sterling, Rudy, Rod, Leonardo, Kid Cat, Pierce, Tybalt, Hamlet, Snake, Ribbot

Lazy - Punchy, Bob, Sherb, Beau, Biskit, Filbert, Stitches, Zucker, Rex, Hornsby

Smug - Hans, Raymond, Keaton, Zell, Chadder, Rodney, Jacques, Ken, Marshal, Curlos

This was fun. I do plan on making an all penguin island . If I did choose to do an all personality island it would probably be lazy , normal or Cranky. I really like many of the peppy and jock but wouldn’t want an island full of them. I had the hardest time deciding on the sisterly villagers.

Lazy: Wade , Puck, Alfonso, Bob , Punchy, Stitches , Beau , Erik, Joey, Filbert.

Normal : Aurora , Margie, Ellie, Fauna, Flurry, Goldie , Kiki , Lolly. Maple, Molly

Cranky: Hopper, Wolfgang, Chief, Fang, Static, Murphy, Kabuki , Apollo , Bruce , Hamphrey

Peppy : Apple, Bluebear , Bunnie , Cheri , Ketchup, Peanut , Piper, Rosie , Ruby , Sprinkle

Jock : Roald , Iggly , Buck , Bam , Hamlet , Jay , Kody , Kid cat , Scoot , Bill

Snooty : Mint, Annalise , Blaire , Freya , Julia , Mallary , Kitty , Purl , Robin , Whitney

Smug : Tex , Julian , Henry , Cheddar , Eugene , Graham, Ken , Kyle , Lopez , Marshal

Sisterly : Flo , Mira , Pashmina , Phoebe , Reneigh , Deirdre, Cherry, Fuchsia, Hazel , Ursala.

I think for me it would be lazy, I like the designs of the peppy the most but that personality drives me a little bonkers. Lazy designs are my second favorite and I like their personalities best.

Normals, they’re sweet and have very cute designs

I love the crankies, so I would have to go with them! It would probably be full of wolves but:

Wolves:
Fang
Chief
Wolfgang
Lobo
Dobie

Roscoe (horse)
Rolf (tiger)
Vic (bull)
Knox (chicken)
Apollo (eagle)

I think I could tolerate a single personality island. For how long, however, is another story.

Most to least tolerable personality types:
1. Normal - very sweet and endearing to talk with. Love a lot of their designs.
  • Goldie, Daisy, Lolly, Molly, Poppy, Kiki, Sylvana, Sydney, Ellie, Melba
2. Lazy - very relatable to talk with. I love snacks. xD
  • Bones, Cranston, Punchy, Walker, Clay, Filbert, Erik, Ozzie, Lucky, Bob
3. Sisterly - the type of friend I need to remind me to tone down the need to please others.
  • Agnes, Cherry, Phoebe, Deirdre, Flo, Muffy, Renee, Reneigh, Ursala, Sylvia
4. Snooty
  • Judy, Julia, Blanche, Diana, Olivia, Tasha, Ankha, Mint, Becky, Yuka
5. Peppy - I love them, but they can be a bit too high energy at times.
  • Flora, Bluebear, Cheri, Bunnie, Cookie, Maddie, Merry, Ketchup, Piper, Sprinkle
6. Cranky
  • Chief, Vladimir, Spike, Dobie, Gonzo, Grizzly, Hopper, Hamphrey, Knox, Murphy
7. Jock
  • Rudy, Poncho, Tad, Pierce, Bill, Dom--can't think of any more xD
8. Smug
  • Graham, Raymond, Julian, Colton, Eugene, Leopold, Marshal, Lionel, Shep, Tex

I would choose 10 normals because I like their designs the most.. although the thought of all of the repetitive dialogue is o_O

I'd go with nan and chevre, poppy, flurry, sylvana, coco, fauna, stella, vesta, and the last one is really hard so i'd probably just shuffle, but I'll go with aurora bc penguins are cute 🐧🖤

my immediate thought when I saw this thread was lazies! I think so many of them are just absolutely adorable. my list would probably be: jeremiah, erik, beau, ozzie, stitches, zucker, sherb, hornsby, punchy, dizzy.
a close second though would be normals because once again, I adore so many of the character designs there. my list would be:
maple, olive, sylvana, ellie, megan, lolly, skye, lily, melba, merengue (with honourable mentions to poppy and fauna).
even a mix between these two would be great! although for the sake of my sanity I think I'll stick with what i have haha

Back