• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

If you ever suffered STEALING! (read from post 88)

Thank you all people for sharing those moments! :) Even if I really feel sorry for you, it also eases my disappointment a little knowing I am not the only one complaining about thieves.

Well this is my story:

I was on club tortamer and I met this really nice girl. Me and her were the only ones there. We decided to remove everything in the island, put holes everywhere and take a picture. When we were done, this other user joined. We told him not to wreck it, especially before we took our picture. He told me and her to both pay him 20 thousand bells. So we did. We took our picture. And then he immediately started removing all the holes and starting reapeating "hahahaha" So me and the other girl did what was best and we flipped the wireless switch, getting us our money back. Good thing we got to take our picture.

It's terrible that people do things like this :(

Was very funny story^^ I got my hybrids stolen. then text all this 3 people who was in my town one time.
Only one offers to give me some of his/her hybrids coz he/she fell bad (others claimed it wasn't them who did it)

~Then i found out the person who SO generously give he HIS/hers hybrids WAS a stealer! gave me half of MY hybrids he/she steel!

Sorry fro ur lost but at least if wasn't too much ppl steal. :<

Lo siento amiga. ): es que siempre va ver una persona que hace eso. Desafortunadamente te paso a usted.

I know, kids today, stealing virtual, fake fruit from me. Nobody has any moral standards anymore, what will become of this planet? I say we send all virtual fruit thieves to outer space where they can suffer a slow, painful, freezing death. That will solve everything. I'm glad we can take the higher ground here, so that justice may be served.

9.gif

well, this dude I thought I COULD TRUST, i didn't monitor him, but i had another friend over, so they watched. I asked the dude where he was. no answer, then, he almost got away! I suspected he stole something, so my other visitor agreed. Good thing I switched off wireless

another story, 4 people cyberbullying me. 3 at once, 1 a short time after. one of them reaped me of 99k they didn't even feel sorry. I asked for it back, and they said "i'm not making that mistake of giving it back"

IF YOUR THE PERSON WHO DID THIS ^ I HOPE KARMA PAYS YOU BACK AND I HOPE YOU PAY FOR CALLING ME "BLACK JESUS!"

well, this dude I thought I COULD TRUST, i didn't monitor him, but i had another friend over, so they watched. I asked the dude where he was. no answer, then, he almost got away! I suspected he stole something, so my other visitor agreed. Good thing I switched off wireless

another story, 4 people cyberbullying me. 3 at once, 1 a short time after. one of them reaped me of 99k they didn't even feel sorry. I asked for it back, and they said "i'm not making that mistake of giving it back"

IF YOUR THE PERSON WHO DID THIS ^ I HOPE KARMA PAYS YOU BACK AND I HOPE YOU PAY FOR CALLING ME "BLACK JESUS!"
Sorry that is the way the world is. Buncha jerks. And they literally called you a Comedy Central show. I'm not sure why.

I've never been stolen from, but I'm really sorry these people were being such jerks! I'm glad you knew what to do though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know, kids today, stealing virtual, fake fruit from me. Nobody has any moral standards anymore, what will become of this planet? I say we send all virtual fruit thieves to outer space where they can suffer a slow, painful, freezing death. That will solve everything. I'm glad we can take the higher ground here, so that justice may be served.

9.gif

Actually it wouldn't be very slow. They'd explode in a Nanosecond.

I simply cannot understand what fun you may find in stealing other people :( For what I saw, half of the people here are generous, you can just ask them for something. And if there is no luck either, then know what RESPECT means!
I actually hope some of the thieves read this thread and feel remorse for what they did...

Who are the people who steal stuff in ACNL? Immature kids? Bored adults? It really makes you wonder. It's just a game so there's no actual purpose to stealing stuff and it's not that difficult to earn bells. The game is designed so that even young children can play it and there's a million guides out there about making bells quickly. There's no difficult stuff that is so obscure you can't figure out.

For the people who get stolen from, it's still just a game, but it affects them more since their trust is being broken and since they invested time into getting whatever was stolen.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Nothing has ever been stolen from me but I rarely wi-fi with people I don't already know. Following people around if you don't know them probably helps. I also tend to lay down 2-3 basic rules. I know that someone who wants to steal won't care about rules but that avoids misunderstandings like whether I mind people running on flowers. I left someone unsupervised once but it went well, but then again, I was cleaning up my town so the only stuff that wasn't in storage are things I would have gotten rid of anyway.

People need to respect other people. In fact my brother (who is ten) was going to steal some carnations cause they looked cool. However I stopped him told him just to ask and that he shouldnt steal from other players. He ask and got them, in fact the person gave him like 5 of each. So now my brother knows not to steal and asks for things. Thats my story anyway.

People need to respect other people. In fact my brother (who is ten) was going to steal some carnations cause they looked cool. However I stopped him told him just to ask and that he shouldnt steal from other players. He ask and got them, in fact the person gave him like 5 of each. So now my brother knows not to steal and asks for things. Thats my story anyway.

That was good of you, I'm glad it turned out well. It's nice to read something like this for a change.

I don't think I've ever had anything stolen. One time though while I had 3 people over a red carnation mysteriously disappeared but luckily one of the people I had over noticed and told me before the game saved. Nothing else was gone, including the other carnations right next to it so I believe it was a case of someone accidentally running over it and not theft. That still annoyed me a lot though. I thought it was common courtesy to let someone know if you ruin one of their flowers so they can reset or, better yet, not run at all.

Overall, I'd say I've been very lucky though, since that is the worst thing that has happened to me over wifi.

This one time I had a retail premium on perfect apples and I invited people over to take advantage. I specifically stated that while leaving a basket or two as a tip would be nice they didn't have too and I would be happy as long as they didn't steal my flowers. Most of my hybrid flowers were in storage but I had purple and orange ones out that I was trying to breed and didn't want to lose them so I put out a gold rose to distract potential thieves. Someone named Grace offered to leave some perfect apples as a tip (which she didn't actually do despite me saying it was completely optional so I was needlessly disappointed by that) and she stole the gold rose. Oddly enough she put the rose back down, donated to my public works project, and then stole it again. I probably could've stopped her, I had enough time to say "Ahem" before she got away but I didn't care that much. Heck I would've given it to her if she asked but she didn't and I announced her thievery to the disqus forum and never heard from her again.

Wasn't too bad for my first thief all things considered, but these kinds of things make me reluctant to invite strangers to take advantage of perfect fruit premiums and great turnip prices for free. The donation to complete a public works project was a nice gesture but it was just a rice rack so it didn't equal the value of the gold rose stolen. That's really the main problem with thieves isn't it? A few missing imaginary flowers mean nothing to me but the mistrust I develop because of it hurts everyone. I actually started keeping a personal list of friend codes of people I don't trust just to avoid people who make new accounts to avoid suspicion (one of the people on my list has five or six names on disqus).

This one time I had a retail premium on perfect apples and I invited people over to take advantage. I specifically stated that while leaving a basket or two as a tip would be nice they didn't have too and I would be happy as long as they didn't steal my flowers. Most of my hybrid flowers were in storage but I had purple and orange ones out that I was trying to breed and didn't want to lose them so I put out a gold rose to distract potential thieves. Someone named Grace offered to leave some perfect apples as a tip (which she didn't actually do despite me saying it was completely optional so I was needlessly disappointed by that) and she stole the gold rose. Oddly enough she put the rose back down, donated to my public works project, and then stole it again. I probably could've stopped her, I had enough time to say "Ahem" before she got away but I didn't care that much. Heck I would've given it to her if she asked but she didn't and I announced her thievery to the disqus forum and never heard from her again.

Wasn't too bad for my first thief all things considered, but these kinds of things make me reluctant to invite strangers to take advantage of perfect fruit premiums and great turnip prices for free. The donation to complete a public works project was a nice gesture but it was just a rice rack so it didn't equal the value of the gold rose stolen. That's really the main problem with thieves isn't it? A few missing imaginary flowers mean nothing to me but the mistrust I develop because of it hurts everyone. I actually started keeping a personal list of friend codes of people I don't trust just to avoid people who make new accounts to avoid suspicion (one of the people on my list has five or six names on disqus).

That's the thing I care for the most :) It is not so much about the value of the stolen items, but the breaking trust it gives you.

Believe it or not, stealing is actually hard to get away with if the person you're stealing from knows what they're doing. Keep your flower farms and important items away from the spawn, and if you do have a farm or something like that, surround it with bushes so it takes longer to get in.

Believe it or not, stealing is actually hard to get away with if the person you're stealing from knows what they're doing. Keep your flower farms and important items away from the spawn, and if you do have a farm or something like that, surround it with bushes so it takes longer to get in.

But... in my case, my whole town is filled with flowers, everywhere! :eek: There is no way to protect them.

Back