• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If they got rid of trading on New Leaf...

I don't do a whole lot of trading anymore, so not being able to visit far away towns wouldn't bother me so much. Although I really don't think they'd do anything like that soon considering how many millions of copies this game has sold.

I feel like it'll be a little like the 3D effect for the 3DS for me. It's a cool feature I occasionally use but I wouldn't mind it not being available to me. I play AC mostly solo anyway and while it would make it harder for me to get certain villagers, I'm not heavily dependen on trading. That, and I am horrible at typing on the 3DS so multiplayer would just consist of me being silent and doing stuff I could as well do on my own.
In short: I'd still play without the trading/ multiplayer aspect of the game.

We would all be trapped in our towns if there was no WiFi. We'd all be separated.

Well growing up and playing the original Animal Crossing, I never went to other towns because I didn't have any friends who played the game...

So I was pretty used to not trading at all and the game was still fun for me.

BUT now that I've played Animal Crossing games and have friends to trade and visit with, I would be very turned off if they took trading away. I've gotten so many of my favorite items and villagers from trading, plus I've had a lot of fun playing with my friends.

Eventually, online play and support is going to be disabled for the 3Ds. Just like it was for Ds / Dsi / Wii.
I may keep playing, me continuing ACNL is solely based off of a Switch version coming out anyways.
I'll never get rid of the game or my save file but it won't be too often.
I barely play online anyways so it's not a big deal to me.

man, that's one of my biggest fears...i really don't know what i'd do. even though i do most playing offline, the things i do online are pretty significant. i'd be pretty upset if i couldn't do that anymore. i don't think i'd stop playing, though. i'd probably play less, but i wouldn't quit completely.

I'd be bummed out myself if everything became Switch only too because I don't have that kind of money to buy a new console, and frankly, I can't see buying a switch just because of a couple games. I know Pokemon will move to the switch and it's inevitable that Animal Crossing will too, but the way my life is going, it's highly unlikely I'll get a switch until there is a huge library of games to make it worth the price. Or by some odd chance I got a switch as a gift. I'd be bummed to lose wifi in New Leaf. Even if I didn't trade with other players, losing the dream suite would be so awful, and unless I bought more cards, it would be so hard to get villagers I wanted.

I think it would be awful.

I started by myself, and I can end by myself. But I'd miss people sometimes.
Considering they just released the new 2ds, I think they'll keep it for a bit.

Back