• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas for a Disney themed town?

Hapuriainen

Bells
I'm planning having every room dedicated for a different character. Any ideas on what furniture to use on them?

The characters are
House #1: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Alice
House #2: Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Charlotte la Bouff
House #3: Rapunzel, Merida, Vanellope von Schweetz, Anna, Elsa

The sixth rooms for houses 2 and 3 are undecided though they will be female characters (Megara's a strong contender for #2). House #4 will be dudes only, but I still haven't picked even one for the player character.

A lot of stuff is fairly obvious (Ice set for Elsa, Mermaid&Fish for Ariel, Sweets for Vanellope etc), while some other characters are more difficult. I'm at a loss especially with Anna and Jasmine.

Some thoughts so far:

Cinderella - I'm thinking Princess and/or Regal furniture, and some cleaning tools in the corner. And pumpkin heads or maybe something from the Spooky series.
Aurora - Roses and spinning wheel obviously. I also thought I'd split the room in half so that left side is pink and right side is blue.
Jasmine - Gorgeous Bed and Genie Lamp at least?
Tiana - Her restaurant is yellow in the movie, but I think I'll still go with a frog theme.
Anna - the Snowman item and chocolate treats, but I don't know about anything else. I guess there is the Snowman set, but I don't like it so it's only a last resort.

Last edited:
Well, my first thought is you need to tone it down a bit. Try the focus the town on one these two things:

A) One specific Disney movie/universe.

B) Four specific Disney princesses.

I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to do all of these princesses listed in your town. I just think you wouldn't be able to represent them all properly if you only had one room to express who they are and their journeys in the movies.

I prefer having one room for each character. I'm already struggling with filling even one room so I doubt I'd be able to achieve a result that'd satisfy me if I had to spread the few ideas I have for an entire house. Plus there are way more than 4 characters I want to include.

Mush set for Alice, as well as some of the modern series cause you can make it colorful and clashy. Snow White you would def need a garden gnome. But I agree, you should narrow it down to at least one movie a house, that way if you did Snow White you could do like a woodsy room, a dwarf room, a room for the witch, etc. etc. It would pull the story together that much more.

I don't know who a lot of those characters are. LOL. I'm only familiar with pre-1995 Disney movies. Cinderella definitely needs the Princess set. I always think of her pretty blue dress and the furniture is a perfect match. Get some apple items for Snow White.

I agree with MagicalCat590. I think too many princesses will be confusing. I'd make one house per character. However, it's your town, and it has to make you happy.

Thanks for the ideas! I really like the Mushroom set so I thought I'd try to shoehorn it to Pocahontas, but it probably does fit Alice better.

I'm really thinking more about "what would a ____ themed bedroom look like?" rather than representing the events of an entire movie (except for Tiana who gets a restaurant). And I've already built and paid for the entire houses for three characters so there's no changing those at this point, and they aren't ones for whom I'd want to dedicate an entire house... x)

With Jasmine, you can definitely play up the desert theme if you want. Take advantage of Saharah and use ancient tile or the desert theme, and put in lots of gold and treasure from the Cave of Wonders. Closest to a magic carpet I can think of at the moment would be a tapestry from Gulliver. A birdcage for Iago, hehe.

As for Anna, perhaps use the Alpine set of furniture and play up her colors with a custom pattern. The Snowman you can get from Snowboy is an obvious choice. Perhaps a custom portrait in a fancy frame of her parents?

Like you said, items from the gorgeous set would work well for Jasmine. Also, I'm not sure what you're planning on doing with the town itself, but the Fairytale PWPs (hall, station, bridges) and illuminated trees, etc. could give it a disney-parks feel instead of a disney-movie feel if you're into that.

Don't forget if you're ever stuck on what to put in a room, you could design outfits that fit that specific character and put them on mannequins.

Thanks for the input! Especially for Jasmine and Anna, I'm a lot less lost with them now.

I hadn't thought about the village itself yet but the fairytale pwps sure would work fine. It'll take a while for me to get the town hall renovation though as my town has been in so bad shape that I recently got a rafflesia...

Back