I think I might know when the game is set to release...

DY14N

A Punchy Enthusiast
Bells
Switch
7390-9442-1665
Lobo
Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 6.03.14 PM.jpg

Don?t know if that is worth taking note of, but it would be a little bit odd for them to set a dispatch time and estimated time of arrival for no reason whatsoever.

I also watched a video pointing out that Nintendo has stated they don?t like to announce games more than 9 months before the release date which woud make this date more valid and reliable, can?t find the video anymore though.

Of course, this could also just be wishful thinking, so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT for people who notice the high price - It's based in NZD so its translates to around $60 USD, so it's not quite as expensive as it may look due to price conversions.)

Last edited:
First, I know is nosy, but, wow...that price...

I would wait for the direct in January if there is any... and see if there's any ac related news then.

For now, take precaution in that estimate

That could be the date! But I think price isn't right yet and it will change when pre-order really starts. January start in the next week, can't wait!

First, I know is nosy, but, wow...that price...

I would wait for the direct in January if there is any... and see if there's any ac related news then.

For now, take precaution in that estimate

Yeah, the usual price to pay for any new game here in New Zealand, sadly :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

That could be the date! But I think price isn't right yet and it will change when pre-order really starts. January start in the next week, can't wait!

Unfortunately that is the final price, but it will be cheaper in other currencies

Since its so expensive, do you ever consider buying the game from other regions eshop? I'm in eu but bought smash bros off the us eshop because it was basically the same price to get the game and all dlc from us as it was the base game only in eu. You can change your eshop region via my nintendo, and as long as there's no money in your account you can change it back and forth as many times as you want.

You can't pay via credit card or paypal for regions outside of your own, but you can use download codes from amazon.com (yes they even do preorders and preloads on digital goods too) - by using download codes you keep your account balance empty, and can change your region back with ease.

I know you probably want a physical copy, but I thought I'd tell you this just in case you didn't know how to get games cheaper!

I don't know what retailer that is, but they probably just set an internal placeholder date of the end of the first half of the year judging by the 29 June date. Not to rain on anyone's parade but there's no way any retailer has any release date insight this far in advance.

Since its so expensive, do you ever consider buying the game from other regions eshop? I'm in eu but bought smash bros off the us eshop because it was basically the same price to get the game and all dlc from us as it was the base game only in eu. You can change your eshop region via my nintendo, and as long as there's no money in your account you can change it back and forth as many times as you want.

You can't pay via credit card or paypal for regions outside of your own, but you can use download codes from amazon.com (yes they even do preorders and preloads on digital goods too) - by using download codes you keep your account balance empty, and can change your region back with ease.

I know you probably want a physical copy, but I thought I'd tell you this just in case you didn't know how to get games cheaper!

I only buy physical, unless the game only comes in digital, the physical version isn't available yet, or the physical version just costs a lot more (Take Undertale for example, I saved around $30 buying it digital rather than having it imported from the US)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know what retailer that is, but they probably just set an internal placeholder date of the end of the first half of the year judging by the 29 June date. Not to rain on anyone's parade but there's no way any retailer has any release date insight this far in advance.

It's the final price in New Zealand dollars (around $60USD), not a placeholder. the website I bought it from doesn't do placeholders as far as I've seen from them. (The placeholder complications were the only reason I didn't buy from from EBGames)

Last edited:
I only buy physical, unless the game only comes in digital, the physical version isn't available yet, or the physical version just costs a lot more (Take Undertale for example, I saved around $30 buying it digital rather than having it imported from the US)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's the final price in New Zealand dollars (around $60USD), not a placeholder. the website I bought it from doesn't do placeholders as far as I've seen from them. (The placeholder complications were the only reason I didn't buy from from EBGames)

He meant the release date is a placeholder.

Hm, sounds like a possible date, but for now, I think we should wait till we get a official
date from Nintendo, since dates can also be changed from such websites.

Back