• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us ~~now~~ for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8!

I think Del is malfunctioning (Glitch?)

Shydragon

Unabashedly Shy Kid
Bells
Switch
5905-5512-3899

So I just randomly walked out of resident services to find Del doing... this. I think he might be malfunctioning a little. It's impressive that he can hold a note for so long though! I'm assuming this is related to the ghost stereo bug? I've found villagers standing frozen in a singing pose in the plaza before, but in those cases they were just completely silent rather than singing a single constant tone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hmm that's strange. That hasn't happened to me but I have encountered other strange glitches, such as Reneigh celebrating Ozzie's birthday at her own house. It was scary because she was telling me about how Ozzie was enjoying himself so much and how nice the decorations looked. Except Ozzie wasn't there as he was at his own house and there were no decorations in Reneigh's house. It was quite funny as she was all dressed up but there wasn't actually anything going on. This happened because I had my online communication on but put my switch on standby to go eat. When I came back it said connection with the internet had been disrupted and it bought be in front of my house like what happens when you open the game up. Before I closed the game, Reneigh was at Ozzie's house but then she wasn't . Maybe the reason he is doing that might have something to do with your connection like mine did but otherwise I have no idea

i've seen this glitch a couple times before (not in my own game), thankfully it doesn't seem like it's harmful, just really creepy haha

Del.exe has stopped working. Have you tried turning him off and on again? Otherwise you might look at the manual one more time or contact customer service. They might send you a new model.

Last edited:
lol i am wheezing! Poor thing! I love how Doc is just sitting there unconcerned. I thought this glitch was patched out.

I almost feel bad for laughing omg... it's just so funny

But yeah I've observed a couple of glitches (I assume) that seem to be related to music playing outside, like I have a shell speaker playing the NH theme all the way at the secret beach and my villagers sing along to it when they're at the plaza, when it's nowhere near close lol

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your boat's warranty has expired, buy a new one at Delshop.com

Okay but in all seriousness that glitch is still going? I heard you could fix it by placing a stereo, turning off the music, and then picking it up

Well Doc seems to be enjoying it, so I guess it’s a special one-note occasion!~
...I’m impressed and concerned at the same time. (Hasn’t happened to me yet, didn’t know this was a thing.)

LOL I feel bad for laughing but that is a funny glitch, especially due to Del being a robotic alligator!

In all seriousness though, while I haven't personally had this glitch, I've seen similar ones where singing villagers blink again and again, and of course this one.

Back