• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I need help with my town!

Starlightz

I'm not weird, I'm unique
Bells
Switch
1451-0495-9325
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Mailbox
Cake
HNI_0019.JPG

So, there's my town map (the little black dots are approximations of my rocks) and while I love this town (I've have for almost two years, Feb 16th, 2014!) I'm sick of how it looks. I recently got back into the game after losing it for around 8 months and my town is a disaster. I have the beautiful town ordinance enacted, so naturally there's flowers EVERYWHERE.

I would LOVE for my town to look nice and pretty but I'm hopeless when it comes to landscaping, so I would like your advice. I think I might start by chopping everything down and starting completely over (landscaping wise). I don't want to reset because I have a second town that I just reset.

So, I don't really want to use paths (unless that's what you think would look best) because I never know how to start using them and then they look bad. I love a more natural looking town with lots of different colors and flowers and PWP scattered throughout. I don't have a ton of PWP unlocked because my villagers are annoying, but I've been doing the diving trick to unlock some more.

What do you guys suggest/where to start? I would appreciate any feedback. :)

If you would like to visit, my dream address is 4900-3683-6756. It's a complete mess right now though. (I just updated)

if you're going for a more natural feel, as you're playing carry around pockets full of flowers and bring your shovel. As you're running around, notice which way you run the most and how you naturally flow through your town. As you begin to notice the paths you usually take, make the edges with flowers / holes. Once you feel like you have all your main routes down, begin hoarding bmaboos/saplings/bush starts and the begin lining the paths with those as you wish. Then once all your main routes are done, you can create little areas in your town. Like a little sitting area/gyroid garden in front of the cafe, maybe a play ground in one of your open areas, PWPs like the clocks, wells, fountains, and stones kind of hidden in little spots but you get a glimpse of them as you run along a path. maybe a fairy ring somewhere with mushrooms.

I also see that youre a fan of Harry Potter? Maybe you could do a spooky forest themed town? With cedars and dead trees and black flowers? But I know you said you wanted lots of colors so maybe not that idea lol.

Visit dream addresses for inspiration! I have a forest/natural themed town so you could visit mine (still a wip tho) or start a thread with the title as "colorful dream towns" or "harry potter themed dream towns" "modern dream towns" etc, etc. And hopefully people on here have or know of dream towns like that so you could visit and gain inspiration from them!

Good luck!

if you're going for a more natural feel, as you're playing carry around pockets full of flowers and bring your shovel. As you're running around, notice which way you run the most and how you naturally flow through your town. As you begin to notice the paths you usually take, make the edges with flowers / holes. Once you feel like you have all your main routes down, begin hoarding bmaboos/saplings/bush starts and the begin lining the paths with those as you wish. Then once all your main routes are done, you can create little areas in your town. Like a little sitting area/gyroid garden in front of the cafe, maybe a play ground in one of your open areas, PWPs like the clocks, wells, fountains, and stones kind of hidden in little spots but you get a glimpse of them as you run along a path. maybe a fairy ring somewhere with mushrooms.

I also see that youre a fan of Harry Potter? Maybe you could do a spooky forest themed town? With cedars and dead trees and black flowers? But I know you said you wanted lots of colors so maybe not that idea lol.

Visit dream addresses for inspiration! I have a forest/natural themed town so you could visit mine (still a wip tho) or start a thread with the title as "colorful dream towns" or "harry potter themed dream towns" "modern dream towns" etc, etc. And hopefully people on here have or know of dream towns like that so you could visit and gain inspiration from them!

Good luck!

Thank you! Those are all really good ideas and I'll have to try them out and visit your town for some more inspiration. I do love HP but I don't really want a spooky town unless it's near Halloween (so maybe soon!) but it's a good idea to keep in the back of my mind.

Back