• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I know I'm super late to the party, but...

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
I'm downloading a copy of HHD as I type this! I got a 40% discount on the game, so I got it for $12 (for once My Nintendo does something good lol)m and I figured it was a pretty good deal so I went ahead and bought it.

I kinda know what the game is about, but I'm not completely sure what to expect from it, since this is the first spin-off AC title I've played. I do have a few questions about it:
- How long did the game keep your interest?
- How many hours have you spent playing it?
- What's it's replay value? (I'm guessing it's lower than the mainseries games)
- How much content is there?
- How much freedom is there? (Compared to mainseries games)
- What's your favorite aspect of the game?

I'm sure not many people come onto this board anymore, but I would appreciate some feedback ^^

I played it whenever they had a design challenge or a character to unlock, before that, I stopped playing mostly after I finished all the buildings you could do. I haven't picked it up in a long while, and I'm not sure of my play time. You just design places, that's it. One thing I enjoyed most was walking around and seeing villagers you've already made houses for in the "plaza"/"town" area (It's been a long time.) just enjoying themselves. The fast designing features are great too.

I REALLY wish there was an area of are own to relax and enjoy, we just finish the day after doing a design, then it's just right back to it... It just feels unrewarding in a sense?

@Snowesque yeah I kinda want into this with the feelin that it would either become boring pretty quickly or that I would suddenly be left with nothing else to do. Idk I'm having fun with it so far; besides hybrid/flower care, my favorite aspect of AC in general is interior design so I'm actually gettin quite a kick outta this ^o^

- I'd say around a year to a year and a half following its release. Since it's not "everyday life" simulation like the main series, you can pick up the game whenever and not feel as pressured imo. The design challenges were the only times I felt more involved with
the AC community; a majority of the time, I could play solo and be fine.

- According to my activity log, I'm just shy of 75 hrs. of game play.

- Not sure; as already mentioned by Snowesque, it does becoming "unrewarding" after you do the major interior designing (school, hospital, etc.) and unlocking characters.

- There's enough that you won't get bored quickly at first. However, you may feel "rushed" to unlock characters for more items in your catalog, especially for certain client/animal requests that aren't "I'll leave it up to you."

- The double-edged sword of "I don't have to decorate my own home or be a mayor; this is all for the animals" yet at the same time, us not having a home of our own and just starting our day at the office is kind of a bummer. Designing the hotel made me really want my mayor house back. xD

- As much freedom as you get working for Nook's Homes. :/ There's creative freedom but as a character, you pretty much just change your appearance and design design design.

- The dialogue from the animals in HHD is so refreshing and funny at times; almost reminds me of the GC days. c: I also like being able to change exteriors of buildings and houses definitely.

rianne
I'm saying that we don't have a place to go to after we finish designing for the day feels unrewarding, not that the game becomes unrewarding. The game from start to it's "finish" feels the same overall.
Sorry for poor wording. :)

I just think a place for ourselves would be great, as it would be a collection of furniture gathered over time by houses we've made. I get this is somewhat outside of this game's purpose, but it would really draw me into wanting to play more and gain more furniture from designing tasks.

Last edited:
rianne
I'm saying that we don't have a place to go to after we finish designing in general feels unrewarding, not that the game becomes unrewarding. The game from start to it's "finish" feels the same overall.
Sorry for poor wording. :)

I just think a place for ourselves would be great, as it would be a collection of furniture gathered over time by houses we've made. I get this is somewhat outside of this game's purpose, but it would really draw me into wanting to play more and gain more furniture from designing tasks.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean the game was unrewarding and I did word my statement poorly as well. D,: I should've used another word for my own explanations and I think that's why I addressed the downside of not having our own house in the game.

rianne
Totally alright! :) A lot of people seem to have the same sentiment of not having a house, I guess it just wasn't the direction they were going for in this game.

Last edited:
Back