• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I just sold my Pikachu 3DS XL

Boccages

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Yesterday, in Lauren's thread about her dead 3DS, I talked about my "stupid" Pikachu 3DS XL and how I would exchange it for a 2DS. I thought about it and checked on Amazon how much my limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL was worth and I was taken aback by the fact that it was worth 350$ US. I was taken aback.

So yesterday I listed my 3DS XL on amazon (for 326$) and about 18 hours later someone bought it. I'm about to go downtown to buy a 2DS to replace the 3DS I sold. What should I do to transfer the games I bought online (eSHop)? Like Animal Crossing ? Will I still be able to download the games I have bought ?

Last edited:
Thank you Lauren. I'm doing the system transfer as we speak. Can you believe you posting yesterday had an impact on my life. I just made 150$ and I have a brand new 2DS (blue). I have to thank you.

System transfer process is quite funny. You have little Pikmins carrying over tiles to the other console. So you have little Pikmins running around and making noise, falling flat on their faces. :D

That is pretty much what transfers from the 3DS XL to the 2DS right now :

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/699

Last edited:
You can indeed redownload everything you downloaded before. I found the process easy and I lost nothing, even upgraded my SD card before it!

System transfer process is quite funny. You have little Pikmins carrying over tiles to the other console. So you have little Pikmins running around and making noise, falling flat on their faces. :D

That almost makes me want to transfer my data to another console!! Fingers crossed it all goes without a hitch!

Be advised though that if you do that, you will be stuck on the other console for 7 days. There is a cool down period of 7 days after a system transfer.

yeah, I wouldn't really do it. But I have a friend considering one of the new pokemon XLs. I'll see if I can convince him to buy one and watch the process!

Back