• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I Just Restarted: Advice?

daffodilcrossing

Traveling Seashell Seller
Bells
I just restarted 3 days ago. I just needed a fresh start for my game in order to really enjoy it again. I am so happy I restarted, I’m having a much more fun time and I just feel way more relaxed when I play now. Is there any advice that you could give me that you wish you did at the beginning of your island? Anything helps!

If you're interested in Celeste/ star fragments definitely track your weather to find your islands weather seed! Be aware too that Isabelle will have announcements almost every day, which reduces the possibility of her telling you there's a meteor shower. So if you're tting every day make sure you log in at night as well to check if Celeste is hanging around or if there are meteor showers. As you are starting from scratch it might be easier for you. You should check your beaches twice a day for bottles (second one at 6 pm) and check for crafters every time you log in to build your diy catalog quickly.

The question is...do you like your dreamies in the starter houses or in they own well furnished houses?

I didn't know my first 5 villagers' houses will not upgraded through time and 4 of them are my dreamies...but now I just get used to gift them furniture to improve their house interior. :ROFLMAO:

Just play according to your pace and good luck on your island journey!

You might've heard this a lot but when it comes to terraforming, work in sections. Also maybe stock up on regular wood heh

If you're interested in Celeste/ star fragments definitely track your weather to find your islands weather seed! Be aware too that Isabelle will have announcements almost every day, which reduces the possibility of her telling you there's a meteor shower. So if you're tting every day make sure you log in at night as well to check if Celeste is hanging around or if there are meteor showers. As you are starting from scratch it might be easier for you. You should check your beaches twice a day for bottles (second one at 6 pm) and check for crafters every time you log in to build your diy catalog quickly.
I didn’t know you could track weather, how does one do that? I’ll definitely be playing at night and the morning, the night time mostly to check for wisp and Celeste.
Post automatically merged:

The question is...do you like your dreamies in the starter houses or in they own well furnished houses?

I didn't know my first 5 villagers' houses will not upgraded through time and 4 of them are my dreamies...but now I just get used to gift them furniture to improve their house interior. :ROFLMAO:

Just play according to your pace and good luck on your island journey!
That’s a good point, luckily none of my first 5 villagers are any of my dreamies so I really lucked out. On my previous island I had Bam as a starting villager and I did not like his house interior so I let him move out:(
Post automatically merged:

You might've heard this a lot but when it comes to terraforming, work in sections. Also maybe stock up on regular wood heh
Lol I am definitely stocking up on wood and iron nuggets rn, that’s one thing that I remember wishing I had done when I first started my previous island. Especially because at the beginning you have to go on mystery island tours anyway to get villagers, so at the same time you can collect materials!

lmao if i could go back in time i would tell myself that you can shake more than one stick out of a tree per day (i truly thought sticks were rare for a minute), buuuut for practical advice:

i'd second the other person who said determining your weather seed! otherwise i'd suggest giving yourself more intentional breaks away from the game. acnh is so much more fun when i've waited all day to play it. awful advice but whenever i feel blah about the game that does the trick for me lol.

Back