moon boi
Bells
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
So around the middle of 2016 I got a lovely message on Animal Crossing New Leaf, "your save file data has corrupted". I have no idea how it happen but my hunch was of the plot resetting. I got over it because someone helped me out a great deal with my new found town prefect town, so I was happy for a while.

On December 30th I got the perfect town I always wanted and I just got Flora which was my second last dream villager this was a few hours ago on January 1st 2017 I got another lovely message..." Your save file has corrupted "....this, is, ridiculous! I'm so mad, I actually screamed into a pillow lmao, but its fine now as I have another lovely town which I just got a few minutes ago.

This is incredibly unlucky, I just can't...twice really?

Good luck to Aether V3.0!

Last edited:
i'm so sorry :( that must seriously suck. i know that i would cry if that happened to my town lol idc how old i am. if u need anything like fruit and stuff u can come to me :)

23c90f97b35b140cae537b467a191f46.jpg

take it from unikitty kid, just get back in the mayor's chair and enjoy the game again... look on the bright side... we got amiibos now!

awh that sucks )):

did you use the same cartridge after it corrupted? something could have happened to the cartridge itself which is causing it to corrupt or something.

wym it says it got corrupt? o:

It said "the saved data is corrupted and will be deleted" .

- - - Post Merge - - -

awh that sucks )):

did you use the same cartridge after it corrupted? something could have happened to the cartridge itself which is causing it to corrupt or something.

There should be nothing wrong with the thing, but if it corrupts once again I'll buy a new cartridge because I can actually afford it for once.

- - - Post Merge - - -

23c90f97b35b140cae537b467a191f46.jpg

take it from unikitty kid, just get back in the mayor's chair and enjoy the game again... look on the bright side... we got amiibos now!

True, I'm not having any luck in that department on eBay or Amazon.

Last edited:
oh man that sucks, i'm sorry ;-;

i hope your new town doesnt corrupt

Aww, that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

In the future, is there a way to maybe keep a back up save of your town by plugging the SD Card into your laptop and copying files over? I've never tried it myself, but :(

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. I've had a digital copy for over a year and worry about this. I hope you have some amiibo cards for villagers. If not I have many if you have some favorites. Just name who they are and i'll try to help you by scanning em

Aww, that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

In the future, is there a way to maybe keep a back up save of your town by plugging the SD Card into your laptop and copying files over? I've never tried it myself, but :(

If you use a "Powersave" then it automatically gives you a backup of your save.

Hey so I do have Flora's amiibo card if you need her back.

If it corrupts again you could also contact nintendo!

unfortunately (from personal experiences and thru the experiences of others), nintendo usually tries to blame any flaws of their devices and accessories on user flaw and not flaw with the product itself, especially if you've taken it out of the box already... which makes no sense (how are you supposed to know it's flawed if it's never been used?) but... this is how most tech-based business are anyway

but since the ACNL cartridges aren't as expensive as they used to be, buying a new one is a pretty easy option if this happens again... but i'm sorry it happened at all OP :,(

If you use a "Powersave" then it automatically gives you a backup of your save.

I don't think you can import the save since ACNL has an anti-cheat that prevents the user from importing a save file that is older than the current one or a save file that belongs to a different town. Since they have no save data as it got deleted however I'm not so sure.

Just a quick note: digital data is stored on the system and physical data may be stored on the cartridge, not the SD card.

Hey hey,

so basically i dont think the game itself is broken regardless you own the digital or physical game.
I assume your SD Card might be broken. :)

On this special case you can do two things:
Go to your system settings on your 3ds and check the data management.
IF you see any "?" or weird other signs that just do not look right, congratulations you found the problem.
Also switching to a new SD card is never a bad idea.

IF you already did that or there are not any "?" or other weird sings. You CAN contact the Nintendo support and ask for a replacement of your current copy. They will send it to you, wether its Physical or Digital. (i even googled that up to write down any BS and break you even more)

Dont worry about Julian, Flora etc. I have them both and i can easily help you out with your villagers. :)
But first get this issue right.

Check it and inform us so we can help you all together on this problem. <3

Usually Nintendo has a very solid system and those errors are not usual.

Hey hey,

so basically i dont think the game itself is broken regardless you own the digital or physical game.
I assume your SD Card might be broken. :)

On this special case you can do two things:
Go to your system settings on your 3ds and check the data management.
IF you see any "?" or weird other signs that just do not look right, congratulations you found the problem.
Also switching to a new SD card is never a bad idea.

IF you already did that or there are not any "?" or other weird sings. You CAN contact the Nintendo support and ask for a replacement of your current copy. They will send it to you, wether its Physical or Digital. (i even googled that up to write down any BS and break you even more)

Dont worry about Julian, Flora etc. I have them both and i can easily help you out with your villagers. :)
But first get this issue right.

Check it and inform us so we can help you all together on this problem. <3

Usually Nintendo has a very solid system and those errors are not usual.

I didn't check my data management although that would've been a good idea. =/

I used a different SD card since I had two extras though so let's see how this goes, my friend had this same situation and she used a new SD card that was two years ago and it still works to this day without errors, hopefully mine will be the same. ^^

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. *hugs*

Side note: A lovely user named P. Star is helping me get some of my villagers back so your offers are unnecessary but they are appreciated. c: Thank you.

Last edited:
Back