i get sudden waves of tiredness and i don't know why, can anyone help?

Hmm, difficult. I assume you did tel lthe doctor the details right?

Maybe it has something to do with your emotional wellbeing? With the medications you take, it could be possible you are in a (minor) depression?

Or maybe its just the same daily routine for to long without (enough) relaxation?

Maybe depending on where you live, you could have hit a winter (or holiday) dip? For me the winter and especially all the festivities in the december month are very confronting.

I hope its clear I`m just throwing in possibilities, I don`t want to talk you into a depression or anything. Its best you go see another doctor as mentioned or atleast talk about it with your parents, who know you better (and the details maybe), to make a better estimation of what could be wrong.

Ofcourse its Always important to eat well, especially breakfast, don`t skip that! :)

the kind of tired i get is demanding, like it becomes a struggle to keep my eyes open and it's terrible and awful
only happens when i'm sitting, so i've been thinking maybe it's a blood flow thing? i'm not sure
i went to the doctor and he wasn't sure, he thinks i need more protein in my diet or something, idk
/

Ask to get a blood test. This was happening to me for about a month before I was diagnosed with ITP. It sometimes gets to the point I can't pay attention (which spells havoc when I'm trying to do my exams.) But anemia is also a thing it could be. If you see sudden bruises or bleed more (from anything, not just a period.) But a good thing is, no matter what it is, it can be under control <33

Just ask for a platelet and iron check (or a normal CBC) All the best <33333

Last edited:
You could be experiencing seasonal depression. During the winter months I use an artificial sun lamp and that helps me. Also you should definitely get some blood work done. It could be a vitamin deficiency or something like that. I'd personally recommend going to see a different doctor because the one you saw doesn't seem to care as much as he or she should.
I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Well, there are a variety of things it can be, hence why diagnosis is hard just on that alone. You should ask to get a large-scale blood test conducted (they'll have to take a couple vials but everything will show up). Look for anything related to vitamin deficiencies, sugar levels, thyroid levels, etc.

Eat more fruits and vegetables, also make sure you drink the amonts of water as well. I also think taking a 45 minute walk everyday will help you as well, because we human need the daylight, it gives us the vitamines we need.

Back