I beat the final boss of ACNL

PokefreakofBACON

The Bacon Master
Bells
So I know from the thread title you're probably thinking I'm crazy, and also from the fact that I completely forgot to take screenshots, but just hear me out.

So like. I was playing ACNL and stuff and I was just playing like normal and I found an item, that just so happened to complete my collection in the catalogue, when I realized that I had gotten everything. I was like "heck yes" and things like that. Of course, as you'd probably guess, I also had all the badges at this point. So I went to main street feeling pretty awesome about myself because I thought I had 100% completed the game.

Then, as I entered main street, Digby was there and said I should check out the Happy Home Showcase plaza thingy or whatever. So obviously I did, I thought it was probably some kind of congratulation for getting everything. I walked through, and for some reason the place looked like a hurricane went through it. Digby didn't come with me, but he blocked the entrance behind me, so I kept walking. You can imagine I felt pretty weird right about this point. I double checked to make sure I was conscious and not high. This was legitimately happening.

So I just followed the destruction, until I got to the back of the showcase, where a path had been made through the flowers. Following it led to a new area, wherein I saw Bertha. I smiled a bit, because I totally missed her, she was the first villager that had moved out of my town, but then I realized that she must have been the one doing that? Which seemed really weird, and I again checked to make sure I wasn't high.

I talked to her, and she said something as if she were in my town but I hadn't talked to her in a while, but instead of just ending the conversation there, a choice popped up. My choices were, "Did you do all of this?" and "Ok, bye." I was legitimately curious, so I picked the first option, obviously. As soon as I did, her demeanor changed completely. She became a huge jerk and started yelling at me, not actually answering the question though. I kept talking to her until eventually she said that she had done it.

Then after she said that, a whole bunch of other villagers that had moved out of my town before rushed on-screen, crowding around her. Then, all at once they yelled how I had mistreated them, and then all took stuff, some of them took out what looked like silver bug nets, (they were slightly different though), some took out a black version of the toy hammer that was larger, and a few took out various streetpass items. I was terrified, but then the music that plays on the island during a tour started playing, my character automatically took out a golden bug net, and a timer started with 15 minutes on the clock.

All of the villagers started trying to attack me with their stuff, so I did what was natural for any gamer to do in a situation like this - fight back. I hit one with my net, and they fell over, presumably unconscious. I did this for the rest of them, and managed to beat them all before time ran out. Everytime one of them hit me, it didn't really do anything for some reason, so it was pretty easy.

Then, Resetti came out of the ground and said I had two options. I could reset the game - to be berated by him afterwards - and everything would go back to normal, OR, I could refuse to reset but by doing so make the game never be the same again. To be honest, I really wanted to pick the first option, but something drove me to pick the latter. As soon as I picked it, he jumped out of the ground and told me I had chosen correctly. He turned around and said "Hop on," which is when my character jumped on his back. After my character jumped on his back, he, and I kid you not, activated his rocket boots and flew off into the distance.

Now, might I just pause here to mention how absolutely RIDICULOUS this is before I continue? Like seriously what the heck. I mean who in the right mind would even put this in the game in the first place?! I literally have no idea at all like what even.

So I was flying on Resetti's back over the ocean, talking to him during this. After flying for around the same amount of time as it takes to get to the island (without mashing B), he stopped flying and put a space helmet on me, then flew straight up towards the atmosphere at a ridiculous speed, and stopped on a dime, rocketing me upwards without him.

As I exited the atmosphere, I was suddenly stopped by Isabelle, who was wearing a strange outfit that I couldn't describe if I tried. She said something along the lines of "Well done mayor, you are a truly wonderful mayor! You've come so far, I'm proud of you. And to think, you weren't even supposed to be the mayor that whole time! How ironic. But now that you've reached this point, you will stop becoming the mayor of Bacon. At this point, you have exceeded the usefulness of a silly mayoral position, and you will now become a God."

Again: What even.

Then the game went through the save screen and reset on its own, to where I walked out of my front door. I was wearing the default clothes. I looked around my town, and nothing had changed, save for the fact that my town hall wasn't Zen themed anymore, it had changed to the modern theme, but there was electricity and stuff sparking off of it. After making sure nothing else had changed, I walked in to find that the interior now looked like space. Like when you get fortune told by Katrina and the background changes with the circle thing, but without the circle or her. All that was there was Isabelle. When I talked to her, I had the same options as before, but some were changed a bit, and a few more were added.

First off, the PWPs were all free, and I could destroy or build them just by showing her which one I wanted destroyed, or showing her where to put it, plus I could even get rid of and rebuild the ones that you normally can't, like the police station and the coffee shop. I could now have all the ordinances activated at once, and interchange them for free. Even cooler than that though, I could change the villager's outfits by giving Isabelle the one I wanted them to wear. It was only now that I opened my inventory for some reason, when I noticed that instead of the normal inventory page, it was basically the catalogue, but with a button for all the tools for quick access. I assume there's probably more stuff to this that I haven't found yet, but this is super cool and I'm totally pissing my pants right now. I just thought I should let you all know before I explored it more.

(If this is the wrong place to put this, sorry. v-v)

Once...I didn't pay my loan...and then it was 4am and TOM NOOK WAS STANDING IN MY HOUSE WITH AN AXE. And his eyes were bleeding! And I tried to turn off my DS and Resetti popped out and said "You shouldn't have done that, girl" and then they both started attacking and then the screen went black and the game reset, only there was no Isabelle, no nothing, only a little star in the ground where my mayor once stood. I tried to move and it made the sound like when you fall into a pitfall, so I kept moving and when my Mayor finally popped out of the ground...

IT LOOKED....

....LIKE....

large-marge-o.gif

HAHAHAHAAH!

Last edited:
This is the best thing I have ever read. If something like this isn't in the next AC, I will throw a chair out the window.

But what if in that moment you were surrounded by the villagers... you actually TALKED. Like you actually heard yourself say words.

Best. Ending. Ever.

If you can't take a picture of the events - and if what you're saying is true - could you take a picture of the new inventory screen using Miiverse?

I didn't even finish reading lol I stopped when you said digby wouldn't let you leave

~

If we're writing stories now, I want to start writing cheesey romances about my animals and how they hook up with one another.

~​

I can tell this is fake. Resetti does not soar over the ocean until you have defeated Tom Nook in a break dance competition on the showcase plaza.

I don't know. I totally pwned Nook in break dancing, but Resetti never showed.

Did I need to build the Resetti center first? Are my chances gone forever?

Back