• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How would hackers ruin towns? You ever gotten hacked?

Oh hey unhappy home seen you dancing around the forum lately, also I haven't heard about this in no how's it work, what's it do?
I heard that It could corrupt your town and make your game unplayable so I'm just wondering if anyone's got a story or can explain in a little more detail.

i don't know of any hacking methods that directly affect others' games.... can't get into detail because of forum rules but the tools i know of are only for editing the hacker's own town & villagers, items, bells, etc.
buildings are done a little differently from WW where seeding and bricking was a problem, but i think NL is safe

Yes, it happened to me on March 25 when I visited a dream town. I lost the use of my pocket and mail slots. Why would anyone would be so evil? My life sucks and animal crossing is one of the few things I have left so it just astounds me why Nintendo doesn’t check these things. It’s horrible and I know it’s just a game but it was a “(@&&$(? game I had just spent hours a day building for seven months so it was a helluva cyber attack in my humble opinion. I can only imagine that people that do sh!tty things like that are incredibly immature and very VERY VERY selfish raised by narcissistic idiots that don’t know right from wrong themselves.

Hey there! I think youre the user who saw my mentioned post on the specific thread yes? ^^ Ill copy and paste it here to add to your thread.

Basically in wildworld and newleaf, if you invited someone to your town and they happened to be a hacker (someone who uses different methods to gain unauthorized access to things in the game, they manipulate the game how they want basically), they could ruin your game by placing an unmovable object in the game infront of your house so you could never get out for example, or would error code your town...basically ruin your game, theyd make it unplayable and youd be forced to reset your town. Sad times.

this was more specific to wild world, but it happened with new leaf too, just not the same method and it was much more rare, like other users have said they lost access to certain things, etc..

...there's no way anybody can do this with new horizons yet, right?

Hey there! I think youre the user who saw my mentioned post on the specific thread yes? ^^ Ill copy and paste it here to add to your thread.

this was more specific to wild world, but it happened with new leaf too, just not the same method and it was much more rare, like other users have said they lost access to certain things, etc..
Yep I was, thanks!

hhng yeah this was a common concern with new leaf - people think that associating with hackers in-game could potentially cause your save file to corrupt >_<

I have tried the hacking power in my town, but it was just to move stuff for one day and I never hacked again. But people do say it can mess up your town when you hack to much stuff in your town. But the only way to get your town hacked by someone else will be irl not from online. So anyways I never knew anyone who got there town hacked at all and even strangers. Don't worry your safe unless you have a hacker buddy who hacked your town irl without telling you.

I bought a hacked wetsuit once. It wasn't until it got into my town that I learned you can't get the rental wetsuit and I was like GAAAAH and sold it at retail. Luckily it didn't do anything to my town.

Some hackers in NL used text to item hack to generate anything similar to seeding in WW. And it can ruin your game if they block an area in your town with a unremovable item that can only be removed with the save editor.
I had a hacker experience in club tortimer once, when that one person was using the text to item hack and spawned an rafflesia, luckily nothing bad happened to me in the end.

Last edited:
Back