• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How Will Card Packs Be Set Up?

Beardo

Tikki, spots on!
Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Will it be by number? Species? Is there any information on this?

How would you like them to be set up?

Well, if they are evil, they should do their research and figure out who the popular villagers are. Then they should mix the popular with the unpopular, forcing everyone to buy more packs then they really want to.

From a consumer point of view, i really hope they wont do this... We will just have to wait and see.

I'd bet the game comes with the 3 starters it shows in the trailer. My best guess is packs will have 5-12 cards and will be priced at $5.99-12.99.

NFC chips cost around 60 cents usually, and the card printing, and packaging... I estimate like $2 each so $9.99 for 5?

I really hope that these cards are sold by their numbers and not randomized. I don't want to keep buying packs only to get cards I already have. I'd rather buy a pack of, let's say 5 cards, that is numbered, so i'll know which cards I need to get and which cards I will be getting. However, I have a feeling Nintendo is just going to randomize all of the cards, sort of like with Pokemon, but I really hope they don't. I remember when I used to collect a ton of Pokemon cards as a young kid, and I got many doubles from different packs (I think I got like 2 or 3 oddishes before).

NFC chips cost around 60 cents usually, and the card printing, and packaging... I estimate like $2 each so $9.99 for 5?

I seriously hope that you are wrong and that these cards will cost less (i'm hoping for $5 for a pack of 5 cards), but that sounds about right in terms of how much it costs to produce the cards.

I really hope that these cards are sold by their numbers and not randomized. I don't want to keep buying packs only to get cards I already have. I'd rather buy a pack of, let's say 5 cards, that is numbered, so i'll know which cards I need to get and which cards I will be getting. However, I have a feeling Nintendo is just going to randomize all of the cards, sort of like with Pokemon, but I really hope they don't. I remember when I used to collect a ton of Pokemon cards as a young kid, and I got many doubles from different packs (I think I got like 2 or 3 oddishes before).

I seriously hope that you are wrong and that these cards will cost less (i'm hoping for $5 for a pack of 5 cards), but that sounds about right in terms of how much it costs to produce the cards.

This. It would suck to get, let's say, Pango, like 4 times.

I personally think it will be at random or possibly by their personality types (Lazy, Uchi, Smug etc) Most card packs, whether game or TCG, are usually randomized as they are mostly a surprise to the purchaser and to keep people buying those cards until they get the ones they need.

Last edited:
They're classified as 'amiibo' as far as the direct went so I don't think they'd be randomized.

If they are I will not be participating. If that's the case, I'll never buy card amiibo. x:

I hope they'll have Quillson. :'-( #unpopularopinion lol

I also REALLY hope they won't have randomized ones. I just want them to release them in sets. It'll be much easier for everyone, but I guess if it was randomized, they would make more $$$.

They're classified as 'amiibo' as far as the direct went so I don't think they'd be randomized.

That is true. I didn't think about that before. I really hope that Nintendo looks at it that way and does not randomize the cards because of this, but i'm still doubtful that they will do that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What if Nintendo releases these cards in different box packs, sort of like with the ereader cards? They could sell a regular pack of 5 cards for $5 and boxes of 50 or 100 cards at a discounted price ($45 for a box of 50 or $85 for a box of 100, maybe?). These boxes could also be numbered, so, assuming Nintendo makes different waves of these cards (sort of like how amiibos are in different waves and the ereader cards were in series), they could sell a box with all the amiibo Animal Crossing cards from a wave (1 of each card in the wave). For example, you could go to a store and buy a box of all of the wave 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards. They could even put the waves together, so they could do something like sell you a box with all wave 1 and wave 2 cards. I think that would be really cool if they did that, and it would also help a lot of consumers out, since they won't get a bunch of doubles. :)

Also, if you don't know how the ereader card box pack looked like, here is a picture of the series 2 box:

ACGC Ereader Cards.jpg

If they are I will not be participating. If that's the case, I'll never buy card amiibo. x:

That is true. I didn't think about that before. I really hope that Nintendo looks at it that way and does not randomize the cards because of this, but i'm still doubtful that they will do that.

what does the "amiibo" classification have anything to do with them not being randomized?? Yes, the current amiibo we have now aren't random, but they're figures, these are cards. I mean, i'm not saying they will be sold randomized, but I dont see why they wouldn't randomize them... It seems like too much effort

what does the "amiibo" classification have anything to do with them not being randomized?? Yes, the current amiibo we have now aren't random, but they're figures, these are cards. I mean, i'm not saying they will be sold randomized, but I dont see why they wouldn't randomize them... It seems like too much effort

Unlike regular cards, amiibo cards would actually be used in video games, which is why they might not randomize them. With regular cards (let's say, pokemon cards), they have no actual use in video games. You can just collect them all and maybe have a pokemon card battle or two with a friend. With these cards, you'd collect them, but you'd also scan them into Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (and maybe even the next Animal Crossing game) in order to play with them in the game. If you get a bunch of doubles of someone like Peanut, you can't do anything different with it in the game. Because they're amiibo cards, they might not randomize them so that people can get different cards that they can use in the game. I'm still doubtful that Nintendo would not randomize them but maybe Nintendo will think of it like that?

Ideally, we'd be able to buy the cards in custom packs we could set up on their site. That seems highly unlikely, though.

I think that packs would be reasonable if they made the cards you'd be getting fixed. The cards in each pack could be themed or sorted by numbers but you'd always know which characters you were getting. That way, even if you had to get a bunch of villagers you didn't like as much to get the ones you wanted, you could plan which packs to buy more easily.

But they'll probably make it random just to make people keep buying packs and then pretend it's just a way to encourage kids to trade.

also boosters usually function like 1 pack for $3-5, with a box containing around 24-36 packs for $60-80, sometimes pushing $100

your $45 for 50 or $85 for 100 idea is a literal pipe dream

Back