• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to restore old island when old switch is factory reset.

eliassen

Bells
So I bought a new switch and restored my old to give to my girlfriend. I thought my animal crossing save would be on the switch so that i could back it up later. The island transfer tool didn't work. I thought everything was good because i enabled island backup. Well mr. tom couldt find a save. Even though its the same user. i have nintendo online, and im connected to the internet. I don't know what to do. I probably just played for a bout 10-15 hours, but the start is so slow and boring, and i dont want to play trough it again, when i already did recently. Hop someone can conclude this for me. IS there anything to do or is my island lost?

I heard others saying you should contact Nintendo customer service involving this, though even then, it is a wild card, they may restore your data or may not. Hopefully you can get your old data back.

So I bought a new switch and restored my old to give to my girlfriend. I thought my animal crossing save would be on the switch so that i could back it up later. The island transfer tool didn't work. I thought everything was good because i enabled island backup. Well mr. tom couldt find a save. Even though its the same user. i have nintendo online, and im connected to the internet. I don't know what to do. I probably just played for a bout 10-15 hours, but the start is so slow and boring, and i dont want to play trough it again, when i already did recently. Hop someone can conclude this for me. IS there anything to do or is my island lost?
You have to be careful when formatting. ACNH is one of the few Switch games that does NOT support the save data cloud feature, so this is why the island transfer tool exists, and has to be used before formatting an old switch. If you had island backup enabled via Nintendo Online, there’s a chance that you can get your island back with Nintendo’s help, otherwise, you’re sort of out of luck.

Back