How to I get a villager that has previously been in my town to move back in?

holsteroony

Bells
Switch
8523-2227-4807
I have had a villager before and they moved out. I found someone?s town to go to when she was in boxes but the option for her to live to my town did not come no matter how many times I spoke to them. I?ve heard something about a void but I?m not sure how it works :( can someone please explain to me how I can get her to move in?

In order to get a villager back after they have moved out, you have to cycle through 16 more villagers first. That means 16 new villagers need to move out of your town before you can get the first one back. As you go through this cycle, you will at some point see the villager appear on your Main Street. I've forgotten how many villagers into the cycle you are before they appear on Main Street. When the villager finally disappears from Main Street, that means you've completed the cycle and can invite them back into your town.

There is a way to circumvent the 16 villager cycle, but you can only do it if you own that villager's Amiibo card. By scanning the card and inviting them to move in, you can move the villager back in any time you want. But this only works if you scan the Amiibo card yourself, not if you visit another player who has scanned them in.

Hope this helps!

In order to get a villager back after they have moved out, you have to cycle through 16 more villagers first. That means 16 new villagers need to move out of your town before you can get the first one back. As you go through this cycle, you will at some point see the villager appear on your Main Street. I've forgotten how many villagers into the cycle you are before they appear on Main Street. When the villager finally disappears from Main Street, that means you've completed the cycle and can invite them back into your town.

There is a way to circumvent the 16 villager cycle, but you can only do it if you own that villager's Amiibo card. By scanning the card and inviting them to move in, you can move the villager back in any time you want. But this only works if you scan the Amiibo card yourself, not if you visit another player who has scanned them in.

Hope this helps!

Are you sure about the Main Street thing? All in all I’ve had maximum 6 villagers moving out of my town yet. And all of them appear on my Main Street.

Are you sure about the Main Street thing? All in all I’ve had maximum 6 villagers moving out of my town yet. And all of them appear on my Main Street.
This main street thing has system like this. Think, there are 2 invisible boxes. Box 1 accommodates the villagers that show up in main street, and the other box 2 accommodates the villagers that are waiting to move to Box 1.

When you have

A) 1-4 villagers have moved out
None shows up in the main street.
( They all are in Box 2. )​

B) 5 villagers have moved out
The very first one who moved out of your town shows up in main street.
( The rest are in Box 2. )​

C) 6-12 villagers have moved out
First 8 villagers who moved out of your town show up in main street.
( The remaining 4 are in Box 2. )​

D) 13-16 villagers have moved out
( The remaining 8 are in Box 2. )​

E) 17 villagers have moved out
The very first 1 who moved out of your town doesn't show up in main street anymore.
This is the villager you can convince to move back in your town again. ( 16 cycle done. )​

Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, as the others have said, it's pretty much the 16 villager cycle or amiibo card. I just carded Lobo back in after he moved out and it worked without a hitch. So if you'd rather not deal with all that hassle of 16 villagers, try and find a card. Cards are getting more expensive these days and I've heard there's budget options out there if you don't need the card itself.

This main street thing has system like this. Think, there are 2 invisible boxes. Box 1 accommodates the villagers that show up in main street, and the other box 2 accommodates the villagers that are waiting to move to Box 1.

When you have

A) 1-4 villagers have moved out
None shows up in the main street.
( They all are in Box 2. )

B) 5 villagers have moved out
The very first one who moved out of your town shows up in main street.
( The rest are in Box 2. )

C) 6-12 villagers have moved out
( The remaining 4 are in Box 2. )

D) 13-16 villagers have moved out
( The remaining 8 are in Box 2. )

E) 17 villagers have moved out
The very first 1 who moved out of your town doesn't show up in main street anymore.
This is the villager you can convince to move back in your town again. ( 16 cycle done. )

These are so nice and I’m glad the community has grown to be so helpful <3

Back