How to get more items

Melski1979

Bells
Hi I’m pretty new to animal crossing, I’ve just created a campsite and waiting for more visitor to then get access to design mode. I’ve been looking at various island tours on you tube and I see that people have access to so many items. Is this just by playing the normal game and progressing their way through? Or am I missing a trick? Is there an add on that gives access to loads more stuff? Any help would be great. I love the game and find it so relaxing to play, but also want to know if any quick tricks on getting items if it makes my life easier! 😝

It depends what items you're wanting really ... Are there any you saw that you particularly want?

Otherwise, you can get pretty much every item just by playing the game normally. The HHP DLC does give you easier access to the newest items, but they will all turn up in your Nook's Cranny or Nook Shopping App. eventually.

Some items are seasonal and event-based, so if you play in real time you may be waiting quite a while to get those. Also, some items can be customised and can look quite different to their default look.

There are many ways of getting items in the game, too many to list probably !!

Like the person said above, the way to get items really depends on day to day in game. However, you can travel to other's islands and shop in their shops as well! It's a smaller chance you can get items from balloons, villagers, and randomly mailed gifts as well. If you really need a specific item, there's shops run by people on here and you could also use nookazon. Hope this helps!

thank you, it’s good to know I’m not missing anything and will get more furniture and items as I play. At the moment I am only getting a few items of furniture a day from nooks store, and was wondering how many other islands I’ve seen on you tube have so much. I guess I just have to be patient 🙈

Playing every day, searching daily for DIY messages bottles on your island and Kapp’ns island, visiting other people’s towns to shop at their stores, staying fully involved in all seasonal events to get their items and DIY’s. Shaking trees daily to find the surprise items, shooting down balloons, interacting with Wisp and catching his soul pieces at night to receive a new item.
I’ve been playing pretty steadily since September and my catalog has grown immensely since then.
Obviously it’s way easier to go to cataloging islands on here and pay TBT to catalog most of the in-game items, but if you’re looking to grind them out naturally, play consistently!

Does any one know when nooks cranny shop gets the 3rd update?
Oddly enough, there is no third update for Nook's Cranny this game. I think it might be because the developers assumed it wasn't necessary since so many items are crafted anyway.

Do you have access to Nook Shopping on the ABD? That can make a big difference early on in the game. Popping present balloons can help as well.

If you have access to Happy Home Paradise you can get a whole lot of new items from Lottie's office, do keep in mind you do need to have "Poki" in order to buy them.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to share this tip here, so if not I'll delete it:

If you're super impatient for items, you can also look for treasure islands on twitch. You just have to be SUPER patient getting in sometimes, but usually you can luck out and find some that are fairly empty of people. You also have to be okay with the fact that they're items that are genned into the game and not technically 'legit.'

This is the version of nooks cranny I currently have. But I believe there is a further upgrade
Post automatically merged:

If you have access to Happy Home Paradise you can get a whole lot of new items from Lottie's office, do keep in mind you do need to have "Poki" in order to buy them.
Thanks for this. Where is happy home paradise?

Oddly enough, there is no third update for Nook's Cranny this game. I think it might be because the developers assumed it wasn't necessary since so many items are crafted anyway.

Do you have access to Nook Shopping on the ABD? That can make a big difference early on in the game. Popping present balloons can help as well.
Yes I do and brought some pretty cool things from there 😀

Attachments

• DE302586-2A5D-4A2F-87A3-939E1EF56068.jpeg
    DE302586-2A5D-4A2F-87A3-939E1EF56068.jpeg
    718.1 KB · Views: 9
This is the version of nooks cranny I currently have. But I believe there is a further upgrade

Thanks for this. Where is happy home paradise?

Yes I do and brought some pretty cool things from there 😀
You can find Happy Home Paradise on the E-shop and you can get the stand alone version for $24.99

Here's what you need in order to get the final store upgrade:
- 30 days have passed
- Bought and sold roughly 200,000 Bells combined
- Mabel should have visited your island at least once. You might have already met her since you already have the first Nook's Cranny upgrade. So she should visit your island soon (or she already did).

In order for Mabel to open Able Sisters permanently on your island, you need to:
- Buy at least five items
- Bought over 5,000 Bells worth of clothing and accessories
- She had visited the island and set up shop on the plaza twice

As for Happy Home Paradise, you can check the official site here:

It is highly recommended that you purchase the standalone version ($24.99 USD) rather than the one included in the expansion pack.

Also, even with the DLC installed, you need to have progressed enough in the game in order to unlock it.
- Resident Services have been upgraded
- You have your own house (not a tent)
- You have finished the DIY workshop with Tom Nook

If you're not into trading or visiting catalog islands, and just want to go at your own pace, make sure to pay attention to special characters that give you items you can't find anywhere else. For instance, Chip, CJ, Gulliver, Gullivarr and Label all visit every 1-2 weeks. You can get some unique furniture cards from Pascal by diving. Try to visit Harvey's island every so often to pick up items from the vendors there too.

In game, I don't really have anything else to add nobody else hasn't already said. As far as trading goes, watch out for catalog events and giveaways in Nooks Cranny. There's a couple going on right now

Back