• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How tidy/clean is your bedroom?

Do you keep your room clean?

• All the time! (I’m a neat freak)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Sometimes it gets messy, but I try my best to take care of it.

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • No, it’s a mess and I have a hard time keeping it clean. (No shame in this.)

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Be honest, lol. It’s a safe space. My room is clean, but its definitely cluttered. I do Ebay selling on the side, and I have my little shipping corner. It has several USPS boxes and other shipping supplies (such as tape and wrapping paper). Aside from that, I really hate clutter. I’m a self-proclaimed minimalist and don’t really like a bunch of stuff.

How do you keep your room? Also, votes aren’t publicly displayed so nobody feels ashamed of their answers if they choose not to share.

Last edited:
I really try to make my room neat and tidy at all times! I like having room to move around and have stuff organized so I can find it easily :)

My room is always organized and free of clutter. It's mostly clean too, but I will admit that I'm bad about dusting. I simply don't have the time for it anymore, so that's an area where I'm lacking.

My room is always organized and free of clutter. It's mostly clean too, but I will admit that I'm bad about dusting. I simply don't have the time for it anymore, so that's an area where I'm lacking.
Same! I really need to clean off all of my amiibo figures, nendoroids, and my big shelf :( I hate dust!!!!

Same! I really need to clean off all of my amiibo figures, nendoroids, and my big shelf :( I hate dust!!!!
Yes, as a collector, dusting is the bane of my existence! There are too many nooks and crannies and individual pieces that need to be dusted. I mostly just blow the dust off before vacuuming or run a swiffer over everything if I'm feeling a little more ambitious.

I’m an organization freak, so naturally it stays clean all the time.

Always messy. Cluttered, garbage, etc.

Part of it is that I also have things I want to donate or sell but there isn't a great place for the things I want to give away (most Japanese people just throw away used clothes books etc.) so even though I have them set aside I'm uncertain where to bring them. There are also articles of clothing and some manga I want to sell online but I have to research about the selling/shipping process more and I've been putting it off. Then there are general things I don't have a good place for/papers I need to go through but am not sure what to do with still, etc. It's be nice to have a clean apartment but there are a lot of organizational skills/cleaning logic that I was never taught and are hard to figure out on your own (parents' home is also always a mess, "cleaning up" meant throwing everything into a box)

I should also mention I have ADHD so that contributes

Mine is mostly clean right now, but that's only because I literally just cleaned it a few hours ago to make room for a new desk. Otherwise, things tend to kind of just pile up in there. Any time I actually clean the room up I'll usually make some effort to keep it clean, but eventually it just breaks down for one reason or another and everything just starts to accumulate again. I don't really understand why I have so much trouble keeping it clean considering that I try so hard to keep other areas I use as clean as possible.

my room is not tidy or clean at all. this is honestly pretty embarrassing to admit, but between chronic depression, fatigue and just never having enough energy to do more than one small task per day, i just don’t have it in me to consistently clean my room or keep it clean. i’ll get rid of empty bottles and pick the trash up from my floor every few days, and i’ll occasionally take my garbage down to the chute, but that’s about it. i haven’t thoroughly vacuumed my room since november, and i haven’t dusted since, like... 2020-2021. my dresser, bedside drawers, bookcase and shelves are all cluttered and i just don’t have the stamina to change that. it’s disgusting, and i hate it, but my body and brain are so tired 24/7 that i can’t do what i need to do. 😪

Mine is apparently so organized that it's caused visitors to laugh at me behind my back. Bookshelves are organized alphabetically by author, clothes in the closet are grouped by specific attributes (sleeve size, seasonal appropriateness, etc.) - Everything has a place designated for it. Dusting and vacuuming is something I could probably stand to do more often, particularly since I have a pet bird, but it's hard to balance a schedule for maintaining peak cleanliness and other obligations.

It’s messy. There’s still piles of junk mail that I need to cut. Why is the paper section of the KonMari method so tedious? It’s so slow and boring, I wish that I could skip this step and move on to something else. But alas….

Hopefully tomorrow I can wash my clothes and towels during a break. Maybe I’ll feel a bit more clean after doing that. It also doesn’t help the vacuum stopped working, so I’ll have to find a way to fix that.

There’s also the problem that I’m currently not getting enough days off. I won’t go into specifics, but the last thing that I want to do at the end of my shift is clean my room. Especially when every one else in my household are getting ready for bed.

It's a mess. The plan is to go through it and get rid of clothing that's old so it can be put away 😬
Unfortunately, the majority of clothing isn't mine, but going through mine should help with hanger availability and hanger space for the time being... I just need to get to it. It's also dusty on the tables because I don't go in there often. I sleep in a chair because of leg problems.
As a teen, my room was clean. I made my mom really mad because I would frequently take everything out of my room that wasn't heavy and put it in a corner of the living room to clean the floors real good. However because my room was actually a 9x9 foot closet, it was cluttered. Not much fit in it to begin with and it had one of those old bulky tvs in it.

I prefer not to have much stuff and I prefer to have empty surfaces but it doesn't work out that way lol it's ok though.

My bedroom is clean for the most part except for I put off doing my clean laundry so there’s usually a pile on the floor. Although my partner’s side of the bed is full of cords and socks and egh he’s just messy. I keep my living the cleanest out of my apartment.

it’s a mess, i have things all over the place. i don’t know how to organize the chargers under my desk and there’s stuff laying near my mirror. when i actually do clean it, which is almost never, i only clean the outside. the inside cabinets are a mess too, i have too much stuff.

I would say for someone who deals with depression and ADHD, and also has a big dog that sheds a lot, my room is pretty well organized. I always keep it clean, as in I sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, etc. at least twice a week. my room is a bit cluttered, though once I start to get the living room back to a state where I can sit out there and watch tv then I'm gonna take some stuff out of here that's making my room cluttered.

besides that, yes I would say my room is very clean/tidy. I can't stand rooms that are dirty/disorganized, they stress me out a lot (no offense at all to those who have a hard time keeping their room clean!), so even when I'm not feeling well I still keep my room as clean as possible.

I'm not necessarily a neat freak but I do try to keep my bedroom as clean as possible (can't say that about my desk area in another room). I just don't like stuff laying on the floor because my room is pretty small so it would be hard to walk around.

I don't really mind if my room is messy, I do clean it from time to time, but it always gets back to that state. I spend most of the time in my room either on my bed, or at my desk, so these two spots are relatively clean, but every other surface is cluttered.

My bedroom is really, really clean. I sweep it every night and go over the entire floor with cleaning wipes once every week.

It's partly due to my neat freak nature but also due to the fact I had a ****ty, dusty room with no floor for like five years, and after finally getting it redecorated last year into my dream room I'm super particular about keeping it nice. There's no clutter and it's in a very minimalist style with a white + grey colour scheme. My dog's not allowed in there either 😅

I love my room though, it's a calming space for me. If it were messy I'd get really stressed out. I'm lucky to have a big bedroom so never have any trouble with storage, everything is organized properly.

Back