• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How often do your villagers interact?

nyoom

Bells
New Horizons Token
I very rarely see my villagers talking to each other 😞 I can probably count the number of conversations I've seen on one hand since launch. I get so jealous of people who have enough villager interaction to actually establish villager relationships/dynamics. Can any of y'all relate, or is this a me problem? 😅

I see them interact every day, sometimes multiple times a day. It might have to do with the times of day you're playing the game? They tend to interact much more often when they're hanging around the plaza, like around 12-3pm.

When i played New Leaf, I was convinced that NL villagers interacting with each other was a myth. I think I may have seen it a grand total of one time. When i started NH i was really, really happy to see they made the mechanic more common again.

Last edited:
I’ve seen some of my villagers just waving at each other and then the occasional argument, but it’s very rare! I would interact with you villagers Dailey!

i don't see it happen all the time on my island (maybe once or twice a day?) but it is definitely more common than it was in new leaf.

Fairly often. Waving at each other is very frequent, and conversations at least twice a day if I’m near a grouping and play for a while.

I’ve noticed that they seem to get particularly chatty with each other while I’m terraforming >.>’ Sometimes it’s quite a nuisance, because I’ll just have to run over to see what’s going on, thus interrupting my work.

As far as house visits go, I’ve only seen them do that twice. Once my two starters, and once Lolly and Beau. They hang around each other a lot, though I’ve not seen them talk directly.

I have seen it a lot, usually around the plaza. But to be fair, I am working from home right now, so I often have the game running while I'm talking to a customer. Meaning that I'm standing there idle for extended periods of time. So I probably see things like this more often just by token of how long I've got the game running.

One thing I've noticed is that they seem more likely to display emotion if you don't listen in on their conversation.

My villagers interact constantly, to the point of I think I have seen every possible conversation that involves a peppy or a normal lol. They are always at the plaza doing things so they constantly bump into each other and have conversations!

And I think my villagers love each other deeply because I find someone visiting another villager almost every day, just today I found Reneigh at Skye's house, and yesterday it was Beau at Diana's

They talk and wave to each other a lot. I've seen a streak of waving once when they all walked by each other lol

Yesterday, I had 5 villagers in the plaza, and they all started systematically greeting each other at the same time.

mine interact really often. i see them interact between 3-5 times everyday ;;

Very often. They always greet each other which is cute. Apollo, Punchy and Marshal were all Naruto running together in the plaza today which warmed my soul so much.

They always talk to each other in my town. It is so sweet! I feel like they hang out way more in new horizons than they did in the other games! :)

If I'm working on something near my plaza, I notice my villagers seem to congregate on or near the town square interact with each other a lot. Sometimes I'll see two conversations within a five minute period.

It used to be several times a day but now I rarely see them talking. It could be because I've been busy decorating my island the last few days though and haven't been running around my island like usual haha

I see villager conversations a lot. I also find them visiting at each others houses. It’s so cute. I’ve also made a couple deliveries

My villagers always interact and have conversations with each other, I like how frequent it is compared to the previous games.

They talk to each other all the time for me :< then again, I'm always around to see it happen. just please don't pickup catchphrases from each other ;~; all of you gonna sound French soon

Back