• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How much of my early membership identity is left?

Alolan_Apples

Go Yoshis!
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Ever since I changed my username for the first time (and since I changed my avatar and signature into Pokemon-related stuff with apples), I decided to talk about how much I have changed since September 9th, 2014 (September 10th if you're living in the eastern hemisphere). I may have discussed this on the StarFall Press before, but pretty much almost everything I had in the first four months I spent on TBT are now just memories and not with me anymore.

About the first two months I spent here on TBT, I virtually had the same profile the whole time. Here's what I had:

• I joined TBT under the username of Apple2012.
  • My first avatar was Oliver the cat from Oliver & Company (a 100x100 avatar).
  • My first user title was O&C Fan (short for Oliver & Company fan). My user title color was in ice blue or something like that.
  • I had a signature pic designed by Pengutango, where I had all three of the StarFall women photoshopped out of their in-gsme screenshots and placed on one row with a grassy banner, showing my town name and dream address.
  • I had another signature picture designed by sparklestar that I used for my blog picture, which had a fall background, a chibi that resembles Kaylee, and villagers.
  • My first collectibles were a regular cake (not the tasty cake introduced in November 2015), a TBT Beach Party ice cream swirl (gifted by Zulehan), and a TBT Beach Party popsicle (gifted by Nyx81).

Unlike most members who constantly change their profile a lot, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to profile changes. But after almost two months on the site (at least after the Halloween event where users got cursed), I started changing my profile a little. The user title I had changes a lot, but on the other stuff, I started to change when November came along.

First, all my original collectibles are gone (like gifted away). But while I got rid of these collectibles and candy collectibles people gone crazy over, I got some new ones, including two balloon collectibles, a 10 collectible, and the 2014 TBT Fair patch. And the one collectible I was after most since I joined TBT was the chocolate cake collectible. I was lucky enough to grab it at the restocks. Unfortunately, I don't have any of these collectibles left (save for the 10 collectible and TBT fair patch). I gave out my balloons and gave my original chocolate cake away to someone, but I still had a chocolate cake on hand. But I sold that too. Now I am without a chocolate cake just like I was before 2015. But I didn't get rid of everything I got in 2014. I still have my birthstone collectibles I bought in 2014. I also never had an apple collectible until they were released in June 2015, but the oldest apple collectible in my sidebar was obtained after I got the August birthstone. Originally, I was going to have only one, but I changed my sidebar to all apples after buying enough of them.

Second, I had a total of 11 different avatars, which includes this picture of three Eevees near a bowl of apples. My longest held one was Penny on a winter sleigh near a lantern that turns on and off. A rule of thumb is that if I change my avatar by any chance, I never change back. My signature picture is a different story. Even if I changed it a few times, I still retained my original one for a very long time. But after the 2016 TBT Fair, I got rid of it and replaced it with an animated avatar of my username that changes colors and with lights around, as well as the three StarFall women. But after I changed my username, that one phased out as well. Still, I don't have my original sigpic made by Pengutango anymore.

And it's not just my collectibles, avatar, and signature that changes. Even my blog settings are different. The picture designed by sparklestar has been replaced with a simple screenshot I took in Happy Home Designer. Also, my blog categories today (which are still my blog categories for a while) aren't my blog categories from a long time ago. Another thing I changed was my user title color to dark blue. My forum reading preferences aren't the same either. I now read threads with 20 posts per page instead of 10, and the cutoff time to where inactive threads disappear was two weeks instead of one month.

And just recently, I changed my username. It was not just the username I had when I registered, but it was the screen name I identified with since I joined LBP Central in 2012. And now I no longer go by it. I stopped going to LBPC since I don't play Little Big Planet (heck, I don't even play Sony systems anymore). So there was only one site that I go to now where Apple2012 was my User ID. It's changed to Alolan_Apples, thus wiping the remnants of my 2014 identity.

If you want to even know where I got the name "Apple2012", it started with PS3 user accounts. My first PS3 had a user named TheApple2011 (which matches my graduation year). After it was damaged (reasons not to be given), I got a new PS3 and my first PS3 user account is Apple2012 (which I made in November 2011). Basically, my Apple2012 identity was something I had for a very long time, and now it's the end.

So if you want to know how much of my early membership identity is left, there really isn't much, not anymore. When I first joined TBT, people would think of me as someone who likes the 27th animated feature of Disney (Oliver & Company), and didn't know me too well. Now they all recognize me as some apple-obsessed user who gone insane about apples since the TBT Fair of 2016. But I still have a couple of friends I made in 2014, and my birthstones are there. Plus, all 100 blog entries I written in 2014 aren't going anywhere. The rest are just memories.

Back