• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How many villagers are you guys going to "cheat" in?

I have 2 I'm going to "cheat" in, but I'm not sure when. Since my long-term goal is to have every villager move through my town, I'll be using Amiibo cards for quite a few eventually, but I'm not in any hurry.

I want a variation of animals and personalities on my island, having all the same/similar species just seems very boring to me. Might scan in the odd one or two but I don't count on doing that during the early stages of the game.

I think it's fine for people to use amiibo cards to get certain villagers to join their island :)

Personally, I don't really have favourite villager. There's plenty I like but I don't NEED to have them in my town. I'm looking forward to meeting whoever I get randomly :) Can't wait to see who they are!

I might scan in Velma to live in my town. It would be better if I found her on an island tour. But, I'm mostly using the amiibo cards for phototopia. That way I can see who I want to see and play with them when I want to, but still have villagers move in naturally over time.

Zero. The only amiibo card I have is Harriet (got her with HHD), and I have no interest in forcing my faves in. Hoping I will see new faces this time around (familiar ones would just be a treat!).

I don't think it takes away from the game at all. Animal Crossing is what you make of it, and if you derive enjoyment from filling your town with your favourite animals, then that's brilliant! For me, it's exciting to see who's decided to move in, so I really enjoy the surprise of not knowing.

However, if I could pick one animal to move to my island with an amiibo card then it'd have to be... Bunnie. I absolutely adore her (she's in my NL town/is my PC assistant/I have a plush of her irl with Rosie/she has the same birthday as my mum). She's just so cute. ^^

Last edited:
I'm going to scan in Dizzy after the first few weeks if I don't see him in tours or get them from someone else! Not planning on scanning in any others though. I know they are all the same but there's something about a scanned in villager that doesn't have the same charm as a random move in/invite, or even pre-loved/voided villager. I had to kick Dizzy out in my main town to relocate him into a better spot using his amiibo card and it feels like a fake Dizzy lmao.

I'm going to scan in Dizzy after the first few weeks if I don't see him in tours or get them from someone else! Not planning on scanning in any others though. I know they are all the same but there's something about a scanned in villager that doesn't have the same charm as a random move in/invite, or even pre-loved/voided villager. I had to kick Dizzy out in my main town to relocate him into a better spot using his amiibo card and it feels like a fake Dizzy lmao.

I can relate to the feeling of it feeling like a fake version of the villager. It felt like that for me for a while when I scanned in Erik and Gala but eventually it faded after they started picking up phrases and clothing from others around my town.

As for the main post, probably Robin if I don't get her within a year or two. I want to play naturally for a while before starting to get my faves in. I'd also probably bring Twiggy and Sprocket in.

Probably all of them. :p I didn't realize a lot of people consider it "cheating"... though I can see why.

I have a pretty good collection of cards and I'll definitely invite a few faves (Fauna), but even with my New Leaf town, I left some original villagers in because they grew on me and I felt bad kicking them out... some even became new faves (Coco). I put up with Apple for way too long, though.

Last edited:
None. I have a fair collection of cards because I like to collect, but I'll only use them for phototopia. I've always let villagers move in on their own or invited them from the campsite. Eventually, I'd get my permanent population. It takes time, but I don't have a problem with that.

I don't cycle, so I'm looking for my final ten.

I want to experience the game as is so I probably wont be using amiibos for the first month or so

im only scanning in kyle, hes my favorite and i need him in my game ;w; plus hes the only card i have, bought him just for this haha.

i do have amiibo cards for my favorites, but i'm not planning to use all of them at once bc i'm not really a micro-managing type with my towns. i think i'll play organically for the most part because that's the charm of the game, and i miiiight scan in one or two villagers down the line bc i'd just like to have them around. i also like giving people their dreamies too so maybe eventually i can help people out but i don't see myself using amiibo that much, ultimately.

i don't really consider it "cheating" though- let people do what they want! + nintendo made amiibo cards for a reason hehe

Imma hunt for my faves like I did in NL. I know that the second they get into my town, they're staying there for good, but I want to meet other different villagers as well, even knowing that I'll quickly let them go. So I'll let RNG do its thing and let fate decide who I get to meet on the journey for my dream team. I have good memories of the folks that no longer live in my town. The real Animal Crossing is the friends we make along the way :D

i'm gonna scan in Hans, Wendy, and Gonzo. I'm just gonna cycle through the other villagers (unless I get Chief) because I reeealllly want to get the new cat and elephant villager.

Punchy as soon as I can. I have Tia and Marshal standing by but won't rush them in. :)

I just bought the amiibo cards for Bunnie, Rosie, Marina, Margie, Whitney, Monique, Hugh, and Hopper... not sure if I'll scan them all asap though

I'm not sure yet since I think I'm going to try to get 4 of the new villagers in my town (Audie, sherb, raymond, and judy). They all are so cute and have diverse personality types.

Not sure yet, I haven't even really given much thought to who I want in my town xD I'm sure if I get fed-up enough I will definitely be investing in amiibo cards

Back